Can you build a dimmer in every driver?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

petrovich

Reaction score
Hello folks,
i was just wondering what it takes to build in a dimmer in a LED driver. Im looking for a 250-300watt LED driver to drive 4 small 24VDC Boards. Each has its own 60 watt driver that has adjustable voltage 18-24v, so i guess its constant voltage board/driver. I want to drive them all with 1 single large driver, but these most times come without dimming. Saw some good offers, but always without dimming. Can i just buy one of these small aftermarket dimmers for a few bucks and hook that between the output and the board? Its just a simple potentiometer isnt it?

Hello folks,
i was just wondering what it takes to build in a dimmer in a LED driver. Im looking for a 250-300watt LED driver to drive 4 small 24VDC Boards. Each has its own 60 watt driver that has adjustable voltage 18-24v, so i guess its constant voltage board/driver. I want to drive them all with 1 single large driver, but these most times come without dimming. Saw some good offers, but always without dimming. Can i just buy one of these small aftermarket dimmers for a few bucks and hook that between the output and the board? Its just a simple potentiometer isnt it?
It looks like a potentiometer on my electric sky.
I have had dimmers that did not work with led high hats
Those dimmers are on the line side of the fixture

DC voltage can be reduced by adding resistance so a POT will and should work
I would assume you need one that could work in the combined load range so to speak and feel if it heats up.
helps to have a ammeter you plug into to see wattage used

Latest posts

Back