Can you clone an Autoflower?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Nope...it’s time table starts when It germinates and any clones will be on the same timetable...

Technically, you can clone an auto. However as autos have a limited lifetime and clones are the biologic age as the donor plant, clones taken from autos do not have time to finish before they die.

Technically, you can clone an auto. However as autos have a limited lifetime and clones are the biologic age as the donor plant, clones taken from autos do not have time to finish before they die.
A buddy of mine asked me that question and I was hesitant to answer him about this question but he did do cloning of autos and really increased his yield harvest and yeah it does have it's drawbacks with trying to reveg them because my friend was doing doing just that with the cloning the plants but the plants would never ever go back to veg state ever again.

However,
He said that it did keep growing small dence buds but he said that the 2nd time around when he harvest those buds again he said that it was the most amazing buds he had ever tried before and he told me you can get away with doing this at least 2 to 3 times TOPS because he said soon after the plants life soon died soon after!

The same scenario with the clones to as well. I found this to be very interesting even though I have never grown autos myself personally to be totally truly honest with you guys but I my one day get my toes wet and give it a try growing an auto someday!.

I myself love lightphoto plants far much better because they have so much more versatility with growing them especially when you can harvest and reveg them indefinitely but you can't with a auto unfortunately its to bad to because that would be an awesome traits to having a plants they could do that but who knows maybe many years down the road we will end up seeing strains like that in the future. You never know lol

Last edited:
No, you can clone it, but it won't live long enough to produce bud itself and it definitely will not improve yield. Your buddy obviously did not have an actual auto. Sorry, but your buddy did not change the biology of the plant. There are multiple instances right here where people thought they were getting autos, but did not.

No, you can clone it, but it won't live long enough to produce bud itself and it definitely will not improve yield. Your buddy obviously did not have an actual auto. Sorry, but your buddy did not change the biology of the plant. There are multiple instances right here where people thought they were getting autos, but did not.
Interesting :(

As mentioned, cloning an auto is not a desirable thing since the clone off the mother plant still has the same timetable as the donor. I hav cloned Autoflower, but they are pretty small... VERY small. for flower/bud the amount is pretty useless (since it is so small) but I have one that I cloned off a Jack Herer Auto and it put out a tiny flower, so I did the only logical thing, I pollinated it with High Density Auto pollen (feminized pollen as in XX chromosomes), and it "might" produce a few seeds... we'll see.

20190917_074257 (L).jpg

Small peat pot and my coffee cup beside as reference.

Latest posts

Back