Can you guess what I'm doing?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Here's a cool one. This specimen has a new meristem growing out of the cut end of a petiole.

20230316_102957.jpg

...maybe frozen weed plants/Seeds from prehistoric times. Cave men, Cave women. Bertha, Bertha Bu-t.

Bubba

...maybe frozen weed plants/Seeds from prehistoric times. Cave men, Cave women. Bertha, Bertha Bu-t.

Bubba
That one was done from a squirrel found in tundra and seeds were germinated from 30,000 years ago ,Russia tryst to take credit for it but Isreal is the one who the code ,
Monster gardens has a kit that is very close, but does the trick ,look it up on YouTube and see what you think

That one was done from a squirrel found in tundra and seeds were germinated from 30,000 years ago ,Russia tryst to take credit for it but Isreal is the one who the code ,
Monster gardens has a kit that is very close, but does the trick ,look it up on YouTube and see what you think
Some seeds keep better than others. I have seeds from the 90's that still germinate. Poppy seeds can last forever it seems!

This tissue culture thing may make seeds unnecessary for many, but not me. I like seeds. But this culture is amazing. Tons of genetics could be stored in a relatively small area. Take one out, and away you go!

Bubba

Yes these seeds were found inside the stomach of a squirrel in the tundra and Isreal
Figured out how to germinate them by regenerating the embryos with nutrients and yes the United States does have seeds in storage in the artic and ussr has one to and I think it's even larger our scientists had to go around the world to collect original strains, because we created crops that were able to produce larger yields but unfortunately during climate change, they all died those original strains are millions of years old and have built a superior resistance

A friend is having trouble germinating seeds from his grandfather's stash. Grandpa died in 1985, so these seeds are at least 38 years old, and likely older.

I brought in a couple dozen of them and will attempt embryo rescue. Germinating in vitro from the seed embryo.

Today's project.
IMG_20230322_231230_992.jpg

Latest posts

Back