Can you guess what I'm doing?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So your keeping seeds in them. How cool.

Reactions: gmo
The seeds in the Attic were not destroyed.

https://www.theguardian.com/environ...f-worlds-seeds-flooded-after-permafrost-melts
A lot of water went into the start of the tunnel and then it froze to ice, so it was like a glacier when you went in,” she told the Guardian. Fortunately, the meltwater did not reach the vault itself, the ice has been hacked out, and the precious seeds remain safe for now at the required storage temperature of -18C.

The seeds in the Attic were not destroyed.

https://www.theguardian.com/environ...f-worlds-seeds-flooded-after-permafrost-melts
A lot of water went into the start of the tunnel and then it froze to ice, so it was like a glacier when you went in,” she told the Guardian. Fortunately, the meltwater did not reach the vault itself, the ice has been hacked out, and the precious seeds remain safe for now at the required storage temperature of -18C.
I find it really hard to believe that nobody thought of the possibility of melt water being an issue. This was planned and built before the DIE era we live in today so maybe they relied on Hunter, Chelsea Clinton and the Bush twins to engineer this seed time capsule…

This planet has been going through this shit for Billions of years. Climate change is a natural occurrence, But some want to blame it on Humans. Total complete bullshit. We just happen to be here this time.

Last edited:
I’m not convinced we have nothing to do with it tho…
We certainly could be affecting the climate but how much is the question. In the 70’s, the climate ‘chicken littles’ were telling us we were heading toward an ice age. Now they tell us we are heading towards seas rising 50 ft and whole countries disappearing. I believe in trying to treat the earth as well as possible but my impact is negligible. China is building coal factories at about 2 per week while desecrating lands all over the world to mine materials for batteries. If the country with the largest population in the world isn’t on board with preserving the earth, it matters very little what we do here. Geology and archaeology have shown that the earth has oscillated between hotter and colder climates since the very beginning of its history. That being said, I will continue to do my part by picking up garbage that slobs drop everywhere, ‘recycling’ items that just get incinerated instead of recycled when they leave my home, avoiding using plastics(petroleum products) when I can and driving only when necessary.

This planet has been going through this shit for Billions of years. Climate change is a natural occurrence, But some want to blame it on Humans. Total complete bullshit. We just happen to be here this time.
If current events are any indication, we probably won't be here fore the next one : )

My impact is negligible too but I think every little bit helps. So my little part like not buying water bottles for 30 years maybe has added up a bit too. Would help for sure if everyone would pick their own slack but not doing so just because they don’t is not a fix either. I do feel that we as humans should care about it more than we do including the air we breath and the water we drink.

Big day in the lab lined up. I'll be moving 14 cultivars in to initiation stage (initial test tube), 6 cultivars from their initial test tube in to multiplication vessels (chop up the initial plant in to multiples), another round of embryo surgery. Shew. That sounds like a full day of labor, better get to it.
20230324_094559.jpg

Thought I was in the wrong thread with all the drift going down here
Man oh man gmo you are rocking the Science here for sure.
Love the thread I do..........

We certainly could be affecting the climate but how much is the question. In the 70’s, the climate ‘chicken littles’ were telling us we were heading toward an ice age. Now they tell us we are heading towards seas rising 50 ft and whole countries disappearing. I believe in trying to treat the earth as well as possible but my impact is negligible. China is building coal factories at about 2 per week while desecrating lands all over the world to mine materials for batteries. If the country with the largest population in the world isn’t on board with preserving the earth, it matters very little what we do here. Geology and archaeology have shown that the earth has oscillated between hotter and colder climates since the very beginning of its history. That being said, I will continue to do my part by picking up garbage that slobs drop everywhere, ‘recycling’ items that just get incinerated instead of recycled when they leave my home, avoiding using plastics(petroleum products) when I can and driving only when necessary.
There has been "climate change" since the beginning of time. I would be worried only if it didn't change.

Bubba

Latest posts

Back