Can you guide me to the right place ? I need info on fertilizer.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

skullcandy

Reaction score
Hello I have been looking at the treads on this forum for like thirty now an can’t find what I need , basically I need whatever info I can get on dry soil fertilizer or amendments, conditioners those types of things what I need to know is what a plant eats so I can gather the different things like bone meal , kelp , seaweed I need to understand what a plant needs so I can put something together can you guide me to the correct place to learn about those things ?

I don't know a specific thread, i would search on google and not just in here, try looking up soil recipes for cannabis, or slow release soil recipes etc... You can find youtube videos on that too. Anyway, you will probably need to feed your plants sometime throughout their life other than the initial soil amendments. Good luck!

Hello I have been looking at the treads on this forum for like thirty now an can’t find what I need , basically I need whatever info I can get on dry soil fertilizer or amendments, conditioners those types of things what I need to know is what a plant eats so I can gather the different things like bone meal , kelp , seaweed I need to understand what a plant needs so I can put something together can you guide me to the correct place to learn about those things ?
There is a book called True Living Organics that is very informative on feeding plants. I looked into going that route and would like to do it at some point but it is time consuming and expensive. I have a pdf copy of it but it is not my work so I hesitate to post it out in the open as the author makes money from it(as he should).

Abstract​

Fertilizers, synthetic or organic, are deemed essential to enable sustainable crop production. In this chapter we explore the effect of synthetic fertilizers, or lack thereof, in the ecosystem services of selected food production systems in sub-Saharan Africa. Case studies from other developing countries in South Asia and South America were also be referred to where relevant. The role of fertilizer use in concepts such as the Green revolution in Africa and technologies such as conservation agriculture and fertilizer microdosing was explored. The use of synthetic fertilizer is generally low in developing countries as very few smallholder farmers have access and capacity to purchase the fertilizer. Most of the negative effects of cropping on the environment in these smallholder food systems can be attributed to nutrient mining and consequent land degradationand not the use of synthetic fertilizer. The role of synthetic fertilizer in crop production systems in developing countries faces significant challenges in coming decades to reconcile the need for increased food production to feed a growing population without significantly increasing the area under agricultural production. Where smallholder farmers do not use fertilizer, fertilizer microdosing can be promoted as an entry point to fertilizer use to stimulate crop productivity at low risk of crop failure.

https://www.sciencedirect.com/topics/agricultural-and-biological-sciences/fertilizers

There is a book called True Living Organics that is very informative on feeding plants. I looked into going that route and would like to do it at some point but it is time consuming and expensive. I have a pdf copy of it but it is not my work so I hesitate to post it out in the open as the author makes money from it(as he should).
I found it thanks 🙏

I don't know a specific thread, i would search on google and not just in here, try looking up soil recipes for cannabis, or slow release soil recipes etc... You can find youtube videos on that too. Anyway, you will probably need to feed your plants sometime throughout their life other than the initial soil amendments. Good luck!
I want to use those soil amendments with a compost tea I’m thinking a two part I seen online it is just the grow & bloom tea but the stuff in the soil should help with the rest and I don’t want to go just adding to the soil because I looked a. It’s a couple hundred just to get like 5 different things an it needs alot but thanks I appreciate the info .

Latest posts

Back