Candidate: I'll smoke a joint on Hill

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Grower13

Reaction score
Andy Caffrey, a candidate for Congress in California, has made a rather unusual campaign promise: If he wins, he’ll smoke a joint — right on the steps of Capitol Hill.
The 54-year-old is running on a seven-step platform that prioritizes battling the climate crisis, but the casual manner in which puffs pot on the campaign trail — including twice just last week — is what has captivated local media covering the Second Congressional District House race. And Caffrey admits that this is precisely what he’s aiming for.

I’m willing to get arrested to fight for our rights, to defend our rights as Californians to consume medicine,” Caffrey, a registered Democrat, said in an interview. “If I have to do it, I’ll smoke a joint on the Capitol steps and get arrested to draw national attention to what’s going on.”
Although he doesn’t smoke every day, Caffrey says he’s been smoking cannabis with a doctor’s approval for about six or seven years, and always carries a physician’s note in case he’s questioned by law enforcement officials. He supports the legalization of medical marijuana on a national level, although he insists that he’s “not a crusader that everyone should get high.”

“I’m fighting for our right to consume marijuana at will without any criminal penalties,” said Caffrey, who was featured recently in the San Francisco Chronicle. “Just don’t say I’m advocating for children to use it.”
Caffrey, who is single and lives alone in an apartment in Garberville, Humboldt County, says marijuana helps him deal with attention deficit disorder and complex posttraumatic stress disorder — which resulted, he says, from a list of traumas including his sister’s suicide and having been homeless for five years.
“I have a lot of talents — I do Internet work, I do video, I’m making my own television commercials for my congressional campaign — sometimes I just have so many things going on and I get very anxious that I’m not as focused as I should be,” he said. “So it’s more of a focusing agent, I guess you can say, and you can call it sort of an anti-depressant.”
There are 11 other candidates in the congressional race.

He aint risking anything Washington DC has medical Marijuana passed,

What a loser. He gets elected, whats he think hes going to accomplish with these guys here in DC?
Nothing. They arnt going to listen to a moron like that who a bunch of cali hippies elected. Would actually hurt the case of pot more than help it.

Cali wants to send a rep. He should be a strong valued family man (at least 2.5 kids) with a massive bank account that knows how to play the games here. Someone half as extreme as Ron Paul but with Pauls background would be the perfect cali rep to be working in DC.

Latest posts

Back