Canna-butter longevity

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Moto-Man

Noli urinae contra ventus
Reaction score
Hello everyone and Happy New Year!

I do not get on here as much as I might like due to remunerative enhancing responsibilities ;) but I was wondering if anyone else thought their canna butter rproduct (once almost paranoia inducing) is now kinda wimpy. OK, yes it has been almost two years in the freezer.

Any thoughts, confirmations...?

Cheers,

Ive read that canna butter was only good in the freezer for 6 months....Not sure the truth to it...But It will stay longer in freezer than fridge...Some others will chime in and Help more

take care and be safe:bolt::bong:

Yep, I heard 6 months also. Maybe it could last longer if you had one of those air sealing machine things (LOL). Why not package in small amounts (maybe an old ice cube tray), and open a little as you need it instead of having to deal with a bigger container? I bet you would have used it up long before now if you could have just thawed enough for one day.

I melt mine down and measure it into small "solo" containers with lids (the kind that Jello shots are made in at the bars). I use a common measurement for most recipes (ie. 1/4 cup), then freeze them. This makes it very handy for cooking as I am not constantly pulling the pound out of the freezer and cutting off a small amount and trying to "guess" on the correct amount.

Honestly I have never had butter around more than 2-3 months as I make a lot of edibles.

I have seen mold grow on cannabutter after about 3 months stored in the fridge, on a small amount I had forgotten about in the back behind ther eggs, milk, etc..

MC

Latest posts

Back