Canna butter question about the high

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Surfer Joe

Reaction score
I was thinking about how canna butter is made from shake and popcorn buds and started to wonder about its potency.
If you smoke unripe pot with too many clear trichs, the high is supposed to be more edgy and can give you a headache, so does making canna butter from the less developed buds and shake also tend to produce a similar high?

I have been doing a little research on trying an "up" sativa type edible, but my conclusion is after the decarb and cooking it seems to all be the same. I was thinking about doing an oil of sativa... I still might do that. I would love to know if other folks know anything about this.... THG? anyone? anyone?

I haven't made a lot of edibles, but I personally have found that there is really not a great deal of difference between things made with a sativa dominant plant and an indica dominant one. I am not a big fan of cannabutter, so don't make it much, but I do make some edibles, hash, and tinctures and pretty much it seems like it all kind of knocks people out.

However as a side note, I had friends over last night for football. The wife is an "experienced smoker" like me, but the husband is rather a light weight. He told me that the cookies I had made made him a bit edgy. His wife didn't have that problem. It could have just been a bit strong for him rather than being a sativa cookie as it didn't affect me that way either.

I made some butter from my last grow (a northern lights indica) and used the shake and the less developed popcorn buds and the high was edgy. I also overdosed on it the first time because I ate too much. It was very unpleasant for several hours. After that I cut the portions in half and the effect was good but not at all like smoking the same plant's dried and cured buds. It had a more edgy, mental quality rather than the smoother body and mind high that I got from smoking it.

Is it necessary to decarb the pot in the oven before using it to make canna butter?

I believe what you are all experiencing is the raised levels of CBN after the decarb and cooking. I don't know if the digestive tract and liver convert THC a or b, into CNB or not, I'll have to ask and read.

But assuming, hahaha assumption, sorry. That if you made cold batched cookies or edibles, that you might find a different high.

You have to follow the conversions pathways, and then see where you or your body are taking the certain compounds. Organic and chemical chemistry.

Latest posts

Back