Cannabis By Nikon

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks Vic High

Ok Thats covered
smile.gif

These are original shots from the selection down in FL what makes this so amazing is this intire room and all these strains went into the back of a Leo van and it was a chore to gain them all back. Some were lost forever but when this place was running full I have 43 different mother plants this is where alot of the work was done that gave us all the crazy moms we have.

This is Killer Queen many diff phenos.

This strain tasted so good with the exception of the G-13 Dominant pheno it was deadly potent but taste is what I am about.
Finally this is Pheno #3 you can see the famous dreading the Cindy causes and compared to the G-13 Dom cola pictured above you can see the Grimm genetics in this girl.

flash.jpg

kq51.jpg

kq51a.jpg

kQ355e.jpg

mango.jpg

Mangoclose.jpg

kq355a.jpg

redmanga.jpg

redmang.jpg

awesome pics dude. dont mean to hijack your thread but i cannot find any info on genetics of the grape ape im growin. any idea?

Grape Ape could be one of many sources just keep in mind anyone can name a strain what they want. Hopefully your GA will be Grapey and have a nice color.

Sub

This one comes with a story.
gather round my friends,

I was visiting Pi when Sly sent him some seeds and some samples. The small bud was inside a camera case and the smell something I wont soon forget. They all smell close to me Genius, Apollo, Space Queen, but this one sample was extreme. Mango, Sick, Rotting Papaya, sour, tart, citris all of the above.
So we needed baggies for um... sandwiches yeah thats the ticket so we head out to the store to get 1 box and on the way we puff the joint.

So we only get a few hits each before we get to the store and the buzz is coming on very strong I mean like shrooms or something and as we enter the store eyes blazzing but half closed I'm sure we resembled Beavis and Butthead 30 years later.

We both grab carts and tear *** aound the store just looking at all the pretty colors and such and end up facing each other with out two carts in front of the Ziplocks.

We both die laughing I grab a box and we get the hell out before were arrested this was the south
eek.gif

Epilouge for months after any weed that went into this empty camera case smelled like Genius this one was lost. I hate weed pigs btw.

Genius
Even 9 years ago I did it the same way ..

GEN.jpg

Genius.jpg

Genius2.jpg

Genius3.jpg

Genius4.jpg

Bigone.jpg

budz.jpg

carpet.jpg

crop2.jpg

Duelmover.jpg

I was standing in line one year at the Bluebird waiting to get 4 grams of Malana Cream and the dude was offering Warlock for 50 guilder the reason we used to go to dam was to try new gear so we grabbed two packs and ran em.

Great yields easy to grow and a amazing strawberry flavor that just made everyone want this in fact people were choosing it over blueberry but to me the smoke was harsh, it lacked Resin and character it was quite average imo but it certainly paid for its own keep.

Warlock

warlock.jpg

warlock2.jpg

warlock3.jpg

warlock4.jpg

FullOBuds.jpg

fullsize.jpg

Fullveiw.jpg

Heads2.jpg

Somas Blues by Juan Moore

Blueberry X Soma something I can't remeber nice hashy taste with Berry undertones. His Stoney Baloney cross is grown by Clips

His JC s1 x Cali O gave us 7-up a small inspiartion for our new Lemon Orange Cross Agent Orange

STP is an old friend and has had my back many times.
he once drove 400 miles just to shake my hand when I got outa the joint after a long stay, thats friendship on a whole different scale.

Thanks for the good times bro
smile.gif

Somas Blues

somafuzz.jpg

Somalower.jpg

Somaplant.jpg

Somas.jpg

Somascola.jpg

Somatwin.jpg

Subcool.jpg

stalks3.jpg

stalks.jpg

These are original pictures from my first JC cross. Now these pictures are impressive as hell and the dank make people drool and fall over eyes roll back and TILT! Lots of seeds and lots of time and lots of work have passed my hands and I know absolutly know that SQ is a Much better father for any breeding project. The goal is to make something potent have that Berry taste and its really not that hard to do but side by side JC was always more potent than her Blueberry kids.

The same cannot be said for JTR it is absolutly as good as JC if not better due to it's short structure and faster finishing time.

However I can garantee there will be crys of Batgirl when these pics go up she was the ultimate SOG plant growing a bud on a stick from just rooted clone.

Batgirl

Batgirl.jpg

Batgirl52.jpg

BBBG.jpg

JCBCOLA.jpg

Jungle2002.jpg

JCBGreen.jpg

Jungle2002d.jpg

Yummmmm.jpg

Realclose.jpg

Puff.jpg

One of the better tasting females we found in this hybrid with huge variation was Berry White, yes catchy name I know hehe. picking up heavy Blueberry flavor with an amazing amount of resin this one I wouldn't mind having back at least for a few runs in the last batch of JCB we ran I did not see a female that matched the character of these girl.

stay tuned lots more to come.

Ok I am gonna leave you with some full shots and finally FrostyB the final JCB female kinda earthy but this one was total impact and a nap followed any session.

Berryfuzz.jpg

BerryWh.jpg

BerryWh2.jpg

Berrywhcl.jpg

berrywhcola.jpg

BerryWhite.jpg

BerryWhite2.jpg

BerryWhite3.jpg

JCBTri.jpg

JCBtest2002.jpg

subcool said:
One of the better tasting females we found in this hybrid with huge variation was Berry White, yes catchy name I know hehe. picking up heavy Blueberry flavor with an amazing amount of resin this one I wouldn't mind having back at least for a few runs in the last batch of JCB we ran I did not see a female that matched the character of these girl.

stay tuned lots more to come.

Ok I am gonna leave you with some full shots and finally FrostyB the final JCB female kinda earthy but this one was total impact and a nap followed any session.

Nice grow subcool and thank for all the great pix..
I sure like the pix on the bottom right that looks BlueBerry

subcool im hooked on your pics already.... wow all i gotta say i hope someday i can compare with your skill, practice makes perfect right? well heres tons of thanks, and keep us posted.

Hey man, I was wondering about any way we can obtain full uncompressed photos taken with your beautiful Nikon man. I need to see the real pics of that sexy Nikon at work!

oooooooooough....(wipn up drool)

that would be killer. :hubba:

Looking good Subcoool. Sweet garden of ladies. You should enter some of those pictures they are spectacular. Great job.

I was in barnes and noble the other day and saw that pink bud on the cover of "buds" it was pretty cool to see that, your kinda famous!

The man from Heads magazine. Haha a pleasure to have you here at Marijuana Passion. I recently read about a strain called Sputnik 2.0. I thought it was awesome that you crossed 2 different types of Apollo-13 and Black Russian. It said one plant recently torn down outdoors was over 9 feet and produced over 4 pounds of brilliant purple smoke LOL I think I quoted it well.

Ganja Giggles you can see my art in raw form when my book comes out in sept.
Its Called Dank

KGB30 I am a professional photographer it wouldnt be fair for me to enter what I get paid to do but thank you for your kind words.

Dub J guess whats even Cooler?
I bred the strain on the cover as well as taking the shot :)

Hey subcool ... very nice shots man :aok:

Do you mind if I ask a question ? if you were to give growers on this site 4 tips for getting better bud shots, what would they be ?

Many thanks ... RBH

“I wish I could take pictures like you do Sub” is a statement I see more than any other. I have no formal training and everything I have learned I taught myself. If I can you can! Since my very first opportunity to look through a macro lens I have been hooked. Cannabis is such an amazing subject and through a powerful macro lens it can take on an almost Alien appearance. While I would not begin to try and teach anyone about Photography technique ( I am still learning myself) I think I can offer some pointers to greatly improve the pictures most of you take of your favorite plants.​
The basics people often forget are to use a well-lit white room, no incandescent lighting its produces yellow hues. No toilets, buckets, brooms moms or dog turds in the background take the time to clean up a bit or you might end up with a shop vacuum in a Cannabis magazine with your favorite plant.​
The next thing is the one that is going to upset you hydro growers. You cannot take proper pictures under a HID light. While white balancing and editing with photo software can make a picture taken under HID better you will never achieve the results I do until you use a properly lit area to photograph in. Without spending a fortune on fancy lights and reflectors you can still take amazing shots with a very in expensive “Light Tent”.​
I set mine up by using some white sheets and several CFL bulbs mounted in painters reflectors you can buy at any hardware store in the painting section.​
Cut the sheets or cheap white fabric into 4 foot wide sections and select a bright corner of a room to hang 3 sections to form a box open on one end. Once the cloth is in place position your CFL lamps on the outside of the tent facing the cloth so that the light is deflected in an even pattern. I like to use a combination of natural sunlight type bulbs and bulbs that lean to the blue side of the spectrum. Try placing the bulbs in different locations to see what effect they lend. Experiment till you get the best even lighting but do not take this lightly if you do not have enough external lighting your pictures will not be as sharp as you would like.​
Next on the list is a good back drop to contrast your subject. You don’t have to spend a fortune here either cheap cloth is 1-3$ per yard and even fine crushed velvet is only 5-7$ per yard. Two square yards is plenty to shoot against and over the past few years we have collected some 2 dozen different ones to compliment either the color of the bud or the festive time of year like Christmas or the Skull cloth I use for Halloween shots. Invest in a few but make sure Black and Purple Velvet are among the ones you collect first. We hang the back drop and position the plant in front but at least 12-16” distance between back drop and subject. You want focus on Bud not backdrop.​
It’s finally time to talk about camera’s! You might think you need some ultra expensive DSLR to get great close ups and it does help but my Cover shot of Sputnik on the cover of Big Book of Buds 3 was taken with a Nikon Coolpix Digicam. How was I able to achieve this with a simple point and shoot camera with a fixed lens? I used a Tripod! This is the one thing so many amateur photographers take for granted. When taking close up shots everything has to be perfectly still and even the steadiest of hands will waver as the shutter opens and closes. So what ever type of camera your using mount it on a tripod. When researching a point and shoot digital camera for use on close ups the only important factor is the minimum focal distance. This will be in the specifications of the camera. The Nikon Coolpix 5400 has the ability to focus as close as 1cm from the lens although 2cm is more common with most point and shoot cameras today.​
If your camera won’t get closer than that with a fixed lens your close ups won’t be as sharp or as close as you want. The final aspect of close up photography I employ is a lens mount ring flash. This is critical to get really close and still have proper lighting on the subject. While I now shoot with a professional rig and a Sigma Ring flash when I started I simply built my own using this great online tutorial.​
Without a lens mount lamp or flash your camera body or even the barrel of the lens itself may block the external light and cause shadows. Using a ring light is the easiest way to prevent this and also provide enough illumination to capture a close up shot in a crisp clean form. Led lights really make trichomes stand out and its pretty easy to fashion a home made light using a few of these inexpensive bulbs.​
Once I learned a few things and I was able to sell a shot to Big Book 3, I decided to buy a SLR camera and a nice macro lens. I took it out of the box and my first 100 pictures were terrible. It is amazing how many settings a point and shoot camera figures out for you, automatically and when its left up to you some education is required. What I am saying is it is much easier to get good close ups with a point and shoot macro camera than it is with a SLR until you learn a few basic settings. As I said I won’t try and teach photography but I wanted you to understand unless your willing to put in the time a Digital camera may be a better choice than a full blown SLR.​
Photography is an amazing and addictive hobby and there is always a better lens to buy or a better tripod or something exotic like Macro Rails, but that doesn’t mean it cost a lot to get started, I bought my first Nikon on Ebay for under 400$ with a Nikon SL-1 ring lamp included.​
Several months later a photograph taken by me with that camera was featured on the Cover of Big Book 3. It went on to take many pictures for many magazines and books! Dare to dream and there are no limits to what you can achieve.​

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back