Cannabis By Nikon

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Many thanks for answering subcool, much appreciated. Shooting with flash at high shutter speeds usually gives me ok results under HID. Not much use for those macro shots though.

RBH

This first shot was made famous in a online article I did for OG called Winter Wonderland I have recreated it here but it's not even a great shot compared to what I am capable of now.

Jacks Cleaner Myth or Legend

You may not have heard of the strain Jacks Cleaner, but among collectors of Elite genetics it has become somewhat of an urban legend. This is due to a few factors. The first is I grew it for many years before other respected growers tried it and let me know it was probably the best Sativa Hybrid in existence. In 1997 I had a gathering known in breeder circles as “Jamaica 1” several respected under ground breeder/growers met at my place and we spent 3 days toking testing talking and feasting on BBQ and southern food. We had a un official judging and JC won every first place vote. Now maybe the guys were just being nice because I tossed the gig but I knew at least I had found a great strain. But where did it come from?
I got my first PC in about 1994 it was an Acer 133 and soon found a great deal of information on Cannabis, certainly not anything like today but it led me to grow chats where I met others that shared an interest for growing. One of the first I became close online friends with was a guy with the nick ‘Skoosh’. I was amazed that there was another seriously hard working tax paying Loyal American that waked and baked everyday of his adult life. We swapped stories online, toked while we typed and found out we both love ice cream. He offered me some seeds and over time traded around what we each had. He sent me about 200 seeds of a old strain called Skoosh that was pretty infamous in his circles and I started cracking large treys looking for a keeper. The make up of these seeds were Pluton, Lambs bread, Purple Haze, and Northern Lights. What mix or pattern these crosses occurred I am not sure. Most of what I found was not impressive, super thin spindly sativa’s and mutants with whorled leaves. I did find a few that seemed normal and grew them to maturity. Of all the seeds I started over a period of a year one phenotype stood out. It was a extremely resinous ultra lemon wonder. It reminded me of a house hold cleaner named “Mr Clean” So I named it “The Cleaner”. It had one poor trait and that was weak stems and smaller size. I had not yet read botany and we all thought breeders were smarter than god so it was just luck I had a Jack Herer male from Sensi Seeds that I was to lazy to kill and just placed in a dark garage. It refused to die so I placed a small 12” Cleaner clone with him and she produced about 35 seeds.
From these I selected the best female and tossed all the males. From these was the Phenotype many now consider to be the holy grail of Cannabis, Jacks Cleaner is a large heavy producer with ultra white raised trichomes that actually give the plant a gooey appearance. Heavy citrus with over bearing lemon smell and taste I have yet to see anything like it. In 2003 we out crossed the P1 mother with a JC X blueberry offspring and created JC bx. This first stage back cross recently won third place in the 420 cup in Amsterdam by a grower named HOG. It had a 12 day cure and blew everyone away as he was an unknown in there neck of the woods. There is some confusion cause many that have the JC bx misstate the fact and say they have JC leaving off the BX indicating a back cross.
This year I started Space Queen by Vic a hybrid cross of Cindy-99 and Romulan. I never considered it something impressive but it has blown Jill and I away. It is extremely potent fast maturing and just an amazing flavor. Pineapples and mangos with a candy like fragrance it has become our stash smoke. We have now decided to cross the JC P1 with the best Space Queen male we found.. Many would argue you need thousands of plants to start with for selecting to be considered a ‘True Breeder” but I think 30 years of growing and a keen eye for recessive traits can compensate starting from a smaller gene pool and the feed back from our medical users backs up my theory.

You can see by the photo’s that JC is not a normal hemp dominant plant. Just the speed of resin production makes her somewhat of a freak .You can see how the large raised resin heads give some shots a glass effect. I will attempt to describe toking JC from a clean bong, the smoke is crisp and thick with a heavy lemon oiliness that seems to coat the sinuses with citrus, it is a bit harsh and tends to make me wince, then the expansion starts and if you took a small enough hit and don’t cough the buzz is instant. At first the buzz is visual and very cerebral. Then the other side starts creeping and you feel as if you smoked some heavy indica. The munchies come on and after you eat plates full of bizarre food combinations you are ready for a nap. Once you are used to the high it has amazing analgesic properties and a good friend said it even made him last longer with his GF due to it’s pain relieving aspects.
Jacks Cleaner

1985 SSSC (Nevil's)
NL#5 X Pluton
Back crossed into the original NL#5 mom.
NL#5/Pluton X Purple Haze
Backed into the NL#5 mom
Outcrossed to Jack Herer

Subcool is the Author of Dank:
The Quest for the Very Best Marijuana
Available at www.dankgearonline.com

Jacks_Cleaner.jpg

jcday49.jpg

jcday49c.jpg

jcday49h.jpg

white2.jpg

white6.jpg

JCbig.jpg

This strain is an old time favorite and it was passed on to friends up north and recently Homegrown and friend of Badboys sent me these pictures from his grow in the great white north. It is what MsJill would call original kind bud as it has that skunky fruity smell of the first Indica strains I ever tasted. I originally received this clone from Squid and it gained the name Cuddlefish to separate it form the BC hash plant. This is a different strain and was found in a pack of Sensi Seeds in about 1984. It is extremely similar to the mother plant Super Skunk used in our Neon Skunk Hybrid but there are subtle differences that differentiate the two phenotypes. Hash Plant has a sweeter flavor and a speedier finish SSK has as the name implies the smell of something rotten and while Hash Plant is a high odor strain it smells more of rotting fruit that rotting meat.
The main attribute of this plant and why we use it in breeding projects is it has an extremely short profile and minimal stretch, having a large mass center bud its perfect for Coli and cage style growing but also does well in DWC or soil when vegged to a proper size. Finishing in 8 weeks with large rounded colas she will turn all shades of the rainbow as she enters the final stages of floral maturity. You can see the beautiful reds, yellows, and maroons present in Homegrowns amazing pictures.
I have also grown this plant outdoors and it yielded some big numbers for sure and even in the mid west of the USA it was able to finish before the first frost came. The Outdoor smoke looked great and had a sweet smell but I think the fertilizers used in the corn fields gave it a harsh taste but I’m kind of a pot snob about Organics anyway. I have seen full rooms of her run in DWC with amazing totals, it’s almost bred for the super fast vegetive speed of Buckets. With many strains hydro is so effective that you can’t really grow a large plant or the stretch during the first weeks of 12/12 means to much height. Hash Plant only stretches about 2X in Hydro and even less in soil.
When topping the plant can be so thick in a crowded room the canopy can get so think I have removed fan leaves to allow more light down into the canopy this is one crazy bush when topped more than once. I had a mom once that was budded and regenerated and I bet she had 30 heads on her she only grew about 10” after going to a 12/12 light schedule and the canopy was so thick she basically yielded just one layer of triangle shaped buds.
We like this cross so much we used her to create one of our earlier crosses that Suny gave the name Conquistador to. I hate typing all that and among fans it has the nick name Connie. Known for her Huge towering columnar buds she has a fruity watermelon smell that is quite incredible the first time you smoke it tasting almost like artificial watermelon gum flavoring like in Hubba Bubba bubblegum. Some people who try this strain first out of all our genetics become such loyal growers they never try any of the more speedy hybrids we produced later. Connie proved to be extremely stable and out of many grows across the planet I am always able to spot this massive cola courtesy of Badboy on his first run of his new strain created using my proven moms.
Our latest creation following Connie is Zorro following the same theme as Conquistador but a shorter handle I don’t mind typing. I believe collected older stock is always the best way to create a hybrid today as most of the genetics I see available are pretty un impressive. We run so many strains among our little group of friends and I am not going to dog any one out but just last year we ran White Russian, Sugar Chemo, Blueberry Northern Lights, Dab, and a few others in search of decent fathers to create new hybrids. None of these met our criteria for head stash the very first that must be met in order to merit a second run in our grow room much less the breeding area.
I had been hording a pack of Grimms Mix for about 8 years and the source was the same as or amazing Ortega male so I have a lot of confidence in our new out cross Bigfoot using hash Plant as the Mother and Grimm male we selected based on methods established by me in earlier breeding projects. This strain is under going testing and should be available by mid year.
This strain has been adopted by many commercial growers in Canada as a heavy yielding potent strain but it is also known for needing large Air Scrubbers to deal with the funk it creates especially during harvest. The stone is a Heavy Indica with full blown munchies and the typical pot nap this strain is very good for those seeking relief from insomnia or weight loss.

hp.jpg

hp51b.jpg

nicepic1.jpg

hp_sq_cure_013.jpg

hptif.jpg

hptif2.jpg

Ortega X C99
Gifted to me I started the seeds cause they sounded exotic and some time luck can play a role in anything. The male from this line was like cherry flavoring and anything he touched became instant red bud, Dannyboy still shares the trait and Connie also has a reddish hue to her pistils once dry.
The Astroboy cross was Apollo-13 Dom but still took on a nice cherry undertone.

This male was lost by a former fng up north heh **** happens his genes were preserved in his children.

HoHoHo1.jpg

Lasttaco.jpg

Tacbud.jpg

longbud1.jpg

tday4.jpg

turkey7.jpg

Sorry about the Double JC Post I am stoned and lost my place. I made a check list now won't happen again.

This strain was gifted to us by captain crunch and it was bred by shroomey. I was pretty excited about this strain at first its a Columbian gold cross but it had an agry buzz in the end. I ran her in soil and MzJill ran her in Hydro using Lucus. The water girl out yielded me by like 40%.
This strain is liked by many but after a few runs we let her slide on.

Shromfoolsday.jpg

Shromfoolsday5.jpg

Shromfoolsday1 (Small).jpg

shrommar17.jpg

shrommar17c.jpg

shrommar17b.jpg

So this one has a wierd story..
In the canopy pics From Fla I had plants that somehow didn't make the file Oscilate saved and returned to me just recently. Sensi Star and Kali Mist from Serious are two I can think of. I ran the Kali Mist and a few days before I had the dreadful visit from the weed goon squad I passed on the 4 males to Tommy^2 and he used one or all of them to pollenate a Blue Widow Female from NCGA.

The resulting cross was sent to me in bean form when I got out west and I ran em.
Incredible flavor and up racey buzz with a Lime margarita flavor the only problem is its the tallest plant I ever grew and just kills you canopy yield due to the bulb being raised so high.

Lets check her out.

KM X BW

Kalimistmar22.jpg

Kalimistmar22b.jpg

Kalimistmar22a.jpg

Kalimistmar22c.jpg

Kalimistmar22e.jpg

This one comes with a story as well but I will keep in condensed.
I bought these seeds twice and lost em in the Leo attacks
Finally Suny ordered a pack and run em through and gave me a cut of the best female.
The first bubble that was popped was Serious stabilty this pack was all over the place and not one female resembled the other I feel this is caused by the age old practice of letting an f2 generation set up a future breeding pool using multiple males or something else I just know I expected Serious gear to be better.

Huge yields easy to grow ok taste and ok buzz.
I guess I just expected more and I was crushed when I realized my heroes were just people
smile.gif

White Russian

* The Black Russian was even better IMO??

WR60.jpg

WR60c.jpg

WR60e.jpg

WR60f.jpg

WR60h.jpg

WR60i.jpg

Ok back up afew pages and check out Hash Plant again remeber I said it was secured with BB? Well he wasn't all that great controlling pollen and a ******* mess was made. lucky for us the house was full of Very nice moms and taco was a very good boy. Now for you proponants of use of multiple males do you thing we would have got these kind of results using 5 taco males? Wait there was only one never mind
smile.gif

Good thing the Ganja gods like us.
GoGo gadget karma

Now Badboy is my best man and he is the hardest working stoner you have ever met. These were grown by some FNG and unless I'm wrong he is the ****** that let taco dry out. Now these guys battle extreme conditions and Mites that apparantly bite so I aint mad I am more joking about it yes I wish we had Taco but in the scheme of things the genetics were not lost as I mentioned before so if that FNG is reading this it's all good man
biggrin.gif

I am stil blown away by this garden.

Want to see some big ******* buds?

Yes I know its ridiculous
canabis.gif

conqap05.jpg

Conqusitidorbig.jpg

Conqusitidor.jpg

Conqusitidorbig2.jpg

Conqusitidorbig3.jpg

conquistidor4.jpg

Another Colateral damage from the Taco male blowing his nads all over a HUGE room of plants I mean come on you have seen the size og BB's rooms I can't imagine a 6 foot male blowing up in one.

Apollo-13 X Ortega X Cindy how can that suck?
Well let me tell you friends and neighbors it does not

If you havn't seen the coolest smoke report ever written let me hook you up.

Hope your well!
You have told me how you love the indicas that you grew up smoking, how do you feel about a sativa?
I too mostly grew up on the heavy strains, a sativa was always a treat.
I have had audible/visuals trips on weed. I have "shrunk"
and had a couple surreal experiances, which brings me to this
astroboy.

The few tiny bottom/bottom buds dried on the moniter did absolutly nothing for me that I noticed.
So several days later I took the bud from the end of the branch that I had already molested,
threw it on a platter that mostly stays on my coffee table under a ceiling fan to dry out the wetass weed we smoke most of the time and let dry for a couple of days.
When I couldn't stand it any more I cut it up still pretty wet
bud, cleaned out my pipe and fired upabowl while *** slept.

It smoked real nice...THE END!

Haha............ Now REALLY what happened next hasen't happened since I was a teen.
Heart rate went up, and my mind
seemed like it was jacked into a mainframe.
The thoughts totatly detached and unrelated
rushed through my mind at a breakneck speed.
This **** ain't quite done with me yet though as it setteled down, well it seemed like it settled down but as I was about to find out it was only 1 "wave" of many.

I felt as if I was floating, my body very light and seemingly
barely attached to my mind.
I had a "third eye" that seemed to view a slide show,
in my head that was totatly unrelated to the mad rush of thoughts that had flooded back over me.
So there I sat looking in looking out not really seeing anything thinking "at least I'm not paranoid", while watching cartoons through my third eye.
I go up to my grow room to look at my plants almost 2 hrs. has passed since I smoked. I said **** this **** & loaded another bowl and fireditup.

Woke ***, and stared into space while she smoked a cigerette When I went to bed my body kept "sliding sideways across the bed while it maintaned the surreal unattached feeling. Laying there in the dark I watched what I mostly remember as Steamboat Mickey cartoons along with flashes of light, through my third eye, fianally going to sleep about 4:30 3 hrs. or so after I started my session.

I told you I'd tell you how it smoked...
It's a keeper for sure in my garden.
I'm letting it go a while longer as the trics are still most all clear, and it probably needs to settle down a little bit, I'm not as young as I used to be.
Take Care,
fried out

So when you see a friend of TGA say I want to see Mickey..Now ya know.

Now when they were sorting they mxed up a huge pan of Astroboy with some Connie and also some Danny. I would only release that pan as a Mix we named the Fiesta Mix. Most of these packs sold for 10-15-and a max of 20 USD.

Now you know the History of the first Mix.

Astroboy
I must address the loss of Taco

Space Dude is Better we have all the Moms

Enough said.

Thanks Badboy for being there for me when the **** hit the fan.

These are from a Friends of TGA

111.jpg

420Fiesta3 (Small).jpg

420Fiestaxmas2 (Small).jpg

AB-sparkle3.jpg

ab-top3.jpg

astrosno2.jpg

Back at Squids while I was busy making Dannyboy I also selected a JCB male and back crossed the JC. This was a great chance to learn more about breeding and what parents lend to a sibling as I had grown both parents and got to know them in detail. Now one of the traits we want JC to pass on is yields she pays huge and so did the JC bx. I felt the variation was to great even though this strain won 3rd place at the 420 cup,

After growing out several and colecting data I passed on this cross as well.

Many people still grow her and she was used to make Soul Cleaner a very interesting cross.

Lets check her out

JC bx

JC f1 x JCB

Ed wanted to remove this from the Book but what he didn't understand is this strain taught us so much and we started over and the results were JTR.

No one would argue now JTR is in a class by itself but without JCB we wouldnt know this :)

T60ers.jpg

T60hrs.jpg

T60drs.jpg

T60.jpg

T60brs.jpg

T60crs (Small).jpg

While Pinky dominated the cover of Big Book 3 it wasn't my favorite variation in the strain Sputnik.
The White one was more A-13 dom and just mind bending.

With all the outcry for colored weed many people missed the fact the white phenotype was Extremly potent like see **** strong.

When selecting a male for the Sputnik 2 cross we selected non colored males.

Taste like Cream Soda

A friend or ours said it made the trees in her yard appear cartoon like and actually scared her a bit it came on so strong compared to the commercial street weed she is used to and said she had never tripped on weed before:holysheep:

I'm going to take a break and get some other things done.

Comments are welcome and motivational.

Sub

sputnikwhiteday56.jpg

sputnikwhiteday56a.jpg

sputnikwhiteday56b.jpg

sputnikwhiteday56c.jpg

sputnikwhiteday56e (Small).jpg

sputnikwhiteday56f (Small).jpg

Hey sub thanks for taking the time writting all the descriptions of your strains and posting up those killer pics. Damn man you have some mad growing and picture taking skills. :aok: It's like art work i'm telling ya. :hubba:

subcool, I looked at this thread because of the title, 'Cannabis by Nikon' and I guess I wanted to tell the sad story of buying my Nikon in China Town in San Francisco, trying to return it because of being screwed and they called the police and I still have the very, very expensive $200 Nikon that I paid way too much for......anyways.....

what a treat, what a read, what an adventure subcool......love your writing, pictures and passion......thanks so much.....but......I have a question or two...

I have been asking around the site about harvesting, drying and curing.....I guess I would like to know if you have anything to offer concerning these processes????????? I am especially worried about mold because of excess moisture due to rain here on the coast of Oregon.......should I carefully break up the buds into little, easy-to-dry sizes?.....and place them on a screen, in the dark, 70-75 degrees with a oscillating fan on low??????.....

Only have one female, a bubblegum from 'bcseed company'......she is spindly, small and doesn't look like allot of 'dried weight'......but the trichs are still clear, leaves are green, minimal amber on flowers and she is indoors in front of a window, without lights.....and am getting less and less amounts of sunlight.....

And do I have to do a 'water flush' before I harvest?......she only eats organic......bat guano 0-7-0 and a smidget of bat 8-3-1 and one tblsp of black strap molasses....all mixed in a gallon of well water.....she is fed every other day, not allot, but enough for run off......don't know if these pics will help.....am old, shake allot without a tripod.....thank subcool....the painterdude...

oh yeah, she started flowering very late, around the seventh of Sept, so she is in her 11th week now, and the gardening-wife wants me to keep letting her flower.....very confused now, it's getting very dark, earlier and earlier now......

Hey buddy I just ordered four of your strains can't wait to try em' out! Hopefully should be my new profession soon.

I ended up getting two strains from hemp depot and two strains from breed bay (I was only joking about the profit buddy :aok: )

I can't wait to start this thing up! I will be using your super soil mix in some, and others will be put in massproducer's cocoa bucket's to simulate the water table.

So far:

Vortex
Qleaner
Bubba Kush
Jack the Ripper Jack's Cleaner P1 X Space Queen

I will be adding more soon, but I don't have enough to grow so many of them out because I will be growing four other strains out as well.

I was wondering, can you tell me anything about how you went about making Jack the Ripper Jack's Cleaner P1 X Space Queen? I was interested about what generation the "Jack the Ripper" phenotype is found in. I am such a fan of these original Jack's Cleaner genetics!

I am looking forward to growing these out and untill then I will be hitting bongs of some of my Northern Lights X Hawaiian X Lowryder for you! :bong1: :bong1:

P.s. Do not even listen to one word painterdude said he has no idea what crap his $200 Nikon point-and-shoot is :rofl: He has DISGRACED the great NIKON name!

DomsChron said:
Hey buddy I just ordered four of your strains can't wait to try em' out! Hopefully should be my new profession soon.

I ended up getting two strains from hemp depot and two strains from breed bay (I was only joking about the profit buddy :aok: )

I can't wait to start this thing up! I will be using your super soil mix in some, and others will be put in massproducer's cocoa bucket's to simulate the water table.

So far:

Vortex
Qleaner
Bubba Kush
Jack the Ripper Jack's Cleaner P1 X Space Queen

I will be adding more soon, but I don't have enough to grow so many of them out because I will be growing four other strains out as well.

I was wondering, can you tell me anything about how you went about making Jack the Ripper Jack's Cleaner P1 X Space Queen? I was interested about what generation the "Jack the Ripper" phenotype is found in. I am such a fan of these original Jack's Cleaner genetics!

I am looking forward to growing these out and untill then I will be hitting bongs of some of my Northern Lights X Hawaiian X Lowryder for you! :bong1: :bong1:

P.s. Do not even listen to one word painterdude said he has no idea what crap his $200 Nikon point-and-shoot is :rofl: He has DISGRACED the great NIKON name!

Dom, it's a Cool Pix 5400.....nice, little, light weight camera....not too complicated of a menu

The problem was buying it at an inflated price, close to $800 and another $300 for a battery, a leather pouch, and a USB jobber for downloading to computer's iPhoto....and california sales tax

And, my wife kept coming back into the store, trying to get me to leave......and I didn't listen to her....

Anyways, that night we search the internet, found the camera for $400 and a $200 rebate......hence the term, 'the $200 camera'

So basically speaking, I paid too much for everything and the cops were buttheads with doggies......I've taken over 6,000 pictures with it.....but I don't LOVE it, I just LIKE it....but, would LOVE a SLR.......Nikon of course....but Canon has the Rebel.....hmmmmmmm

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back