Cannabis Extraction Technician

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

deadkndys

Reaction score
Anyone know where you can get certified to become one? I am really interested in this field. If anyone knows of any places that certifies you it would be greatly appreciated.

I have found places that offer 2 day seminars that do certify you. But I would much rather go somewhere, where the course(s) are at least a few weeks long. I'm sure Oaksterdam is not the only place that offers this.

Yo D --Welcome to M.P. !--We don't have stuff like that in the south !-- In Texas making an extract can get U 99 years ! ---Join us for wake and bake at the O.F.C. -- Someone will know the answer to your question! Good Luck !

See,,,,Weedhopper knows whst hes talking sbout.....Yehaaaaaaaaa

Im EXTRACTING THC right now. :rofl:
Freaken Weed is kicking my asssss.

probably best to just find a job somewhere they do this.

IMO it's kinda nice we're like the olden days with this industry.. where you can basically be an apprentice, instead of going to some ** school and getting some ** piece of paper.

actually get experience, not just book-smart.
*yeah i have a very negative opinion on post-secondary schooling. (though schooling in general sucks. we should not have private schools, just better public ones) such a farce IMO. sad that no post-secondary is basically equal to not finishing high-school these days. they conned us good.

Talk to Keef at OFC.
Whats OFC?
what kind of extraction are you interested in?
All Kinds. Propane,Butane,Hexane,CO2, etc.

probably best to just find a job somewhere they do this.

IMO it's kinda nice we're like the olden days with this industry.. where you can basically be an apprentice, instead of going to some ** school and getting some ** piece of paper.

actually get experience, not just book-smart.
*yeah i have a very negative opinion on post-secondary schooling. (though schooling in general sucks. we should not have private schools, just better public ones) such a farce IMO. sad that no post-secondary is basically equal to not finishing high-school these days. they conned us good.
I would assume a dispensary would rather hire someone who already knows how to operate a closed loop system. Rather then waste time training someone.

Yo Dead the O.F.C.? --Old Farts Club ! -- The reason Weed Hopper said talk to Keef was he know I'm working on THC e-cig liquid or Liquid Weed !-- Cuz --I don't think there is a school like that !--I need clean wax or shatter for my liquid weed !-- Super Critical CO2 Desk Top Hash Oil Extraction Machine !-- $3,500 --I'll have to teach myself everything !--Go to Skunk Pharm .com --Best source of info on extraction !--Looks like CO2 shatter is going to be the industry standard ! Best Wishes !-- I plan to grow the weed do the extract --turn in into Liquid Weed --package it and wholesale !--Do it right and U can't make enough !

Well I looked around and it seems the 2 day seminar would be my best option. At least this way I'll be familiar on how to operate a closed loop system and what not. Also prettty reasonable. 300-400 with a certificate.

@keef Cool man.how long did it take you too learn the process?

Dead I been chasing a THC e-cig liquid for about 2 years off and on !--- U can not get enough THC to disolve into a P.G. or V.G. base to get U high --Plain and simple !-and - Hash oil separates from the base !- Had to be another way found it at Skunk Pharm! --Have to homogenize it !--- I live in Texas where making an extract can get U 99 years in jail !-- So I don't know nothing about extracts ! When prohibition ends somebody got to make the stuff !--I don't want to compete with other extracting the same varieties !-- I'm chasing tetraploid weed like U.B.C. Chemo !--Trying to germinate one called Clock Work Orange ! --So for now I grow a little weed had a little schooling in the sciences and some practical experience! --I got this !--Just got to find one outstanding mutant !

Well I looked around and it seems the 2 day seminar would be my best option. At least this way I'll be familiar on how to operate a closed loop system and what not. Also prettty reasonable. 300-400 with a certificate.

aw man that depresses me..
one of the very few industries where experience trumps schooling.. and it looks like they're trying to change that.
so sad :(

*don't take that wrong; i wish you the best of luck.. that is seriously so depressing to me though.

Here in Colorado it is a felony to use solvents to extract trichs, without a M.I.P. license (marijuana infused product). You need $500,000 liquid just to get the license, plus you have to have an approved kitchen that is inspected regularly.

There is no legal blasting at home.

Hey AM, so nice to see you again. thanks for the very informative post.

Hi Rose, it's nice to have some free time today! 1200 plants is a lot of dang work let me tell ya.

Do you like your job AM? i am proud of ya...you did it.

Kaotik, I share your depression.

My veg room! I do love my job Rose!
5f8724e78fbfe8cb369da52b85a6dd4c.jpg

Latest posts

Back