Cannabis News Today

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Licensed marijuana sales in 2021 eclipsed coffee giant Starbucks

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220513-211936_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20220513-211936_Chrome.jpg
    33.1 KB · Views: 2
The mother trucker News!

TOP THINGS TO KNOW
Ohio activists and state officials have agreed that a marijuana legalization initiative will not be on the state’s ballot this year—but they've reached a lawsuit settlement that puts the campaign on a path to potentially qualify for 2023.
California Gov. Gavin Newsom (D) issued an updated budget proposal that would eliminate the state’s marijuana cultivation tax in an attempt to help legal, licensed businesses better compete with the illicit market.
A new poll found that 70 percent of American adults want to either legalize marijuana nationwide or at least end federal prohibition so that states can enact reform. Across every demographic, only a minority wants to maintain criminalization across the board.
A New York senator filed a new bill to legalize what would essentially be marijuana community gardens for people who are unable to grow personal-use cannabis in their own homes.
The New Jersey Senate Judiciary Committee held an oversight hearing on regulators’ efforts to implement marijuana legalization.

Frederika McClary Easley of The People's Ecosystem argues in a new Marijuana Moment op-ed that blocking cannabis banking "is to be against social equity and thousands of state-legal businesses...that desperately need help.”

Moar!

FEDERAL
White House Press Secretary Jen Psaki reacted to another report about funding for safe "crack pipes" in harm reduction kits, calling it a "conspiracy theory."

Sen. Patrick Leahy (D-VT) delivered a Senate floor speech recognizing the 10th anniversary of U.S. drug officials massacring people during a counternarcotics operation in Honduras.

Rep. Earl Blumenauer (D-OR) spoke about the prospects for enacting cannabis banking legislation.

Louisiana Democratic Senate candidate Gary Chambers tweeted, "The cannabis conversation is about justice and jobs. It’s simple really. 1. No one should be in jail for a plant. 2. We can create good paying jobs through this industry."

North Carolina Republican Senate candidate Pat McCrory, a former governor, said he opposes legalizing marijuana.

The House bill to legalize medical cannabis for military veterans got one new cosponsor for a total of 18.

STATES
New Hampshire Gov. Chris Sununu (R) and other officials issued a warning about fentanyl allegedly being mixed with marijuana and other drugs.

Oregon Democratic gubernatorial candidate Tobias Reed, currently the state treasurer, tweeted, "I’ve been a vocal advocate for the SAFE Banking Act for a long time and have led the fight with my fellow state treasurers. This is something that hinders too many small cannabis businesses here in Oregon and I promise to keep up the fight!"

Hawaii lawmakers sent Gov. David Ige (D) a bill to allow inter-island transport of medical cannabis and extend the sunset on caregiver cultivation for an unlimited number of patients through 2024.

Missouri lawmakers sent Gov. Mike Parson (R) a kratom regulation bill.

The Rhode Island Senate Judiciary Committee and House Finance Committee are both expected to vote on revised marijuana legalization bills on Wednesday.

A New York assemblymember tweeted, "When it comes to treating serious mental health ailments such as PTSD, depression, and various substance abuse disorders, all options should be on the table. We must pass medical #psilocybin now." Separately, another assemblymember authored an op-ed saying that lawmakers should pass legislation on cannabis-impaired driving.

A Michigan representative spoke about her bill to ban marijuana billboards.

Vermont regulators will review recommendations to issue the first full marijuana business license on Monday.

California regulators reportedly issued the first cannabis consumption permit for a street fair.

Washington State regulators contracted with a security management firm to provide marijuana businesses with voluntary, free of charge, on-site security assessments.

Several Illinois marijuana regulators are leaving their jobs.

Oklahoma's top medical cannabis regulator gave an update on the state's tracking system.

South Dakota medical cannabis patient registrations are increasing.

I’ve always said that since cannabis has become “legal” that there are more ways to now get busted than when it was illegal

LICENSED CULTIVATOR GETS BUSTED FOR SELLING PLANTS TO UNDERCOVER COPS ILLEGALLY

The Humboldt County Sheriff’s Office has been receiving reports of licensed cannabis farms and nurseries selling products on the black market. During the week of May 9, 2022, the Sheriff’s Marijuana Enforcement Team (MET) conducted a compliance investigation into the sale of cannabis plants online via Facebook Marketplace. The seller was known to deputies to be a licensed cannabis cultivator, authorized to both cultivate cannabis to full term and function as a nursery for clones/starts.

Members of the Marijuana Enforcement Team contacted the seller via the social media platform and arranged to purchase 1,500 cannabis clones. Under California Commercial Cannabis Regulations, the sale of cannabis clones/starts can only be conducted between licensees. The seller agreed to sell the clones to undercover deputies without a license.

https://kymkemp.com/2022/05/17/lice...n2QFSaVChR-TTbqY4A-zcFb1bhwsbGPf81t2fB4be1kgo

That fking pisses me off that they trick ppl into breaking the law and then bust their ass. Crooked ass bullshit.
The worst part is, they did that shit like they were the Gestapo. Burglarized the nursery, seized and destroyed everything and didn't file a single charge. What kind of bullshit is that!
I don't condone what these people were doing at all but what's the difference between all these organized shoplifters in these police doing things like this to people in this country. This problem stretches far beyond just the Cannabis industry. This is not a political statement, it's just an observation.

Does it work for pain
absolutely, I take 3 caps at dinner time to pick up where the vicodin left off...my nerve damage from the last surgery gets close to unbearable at night...kratom really turns off the pain with zero side effects...if you drink too much milk you can get sick, same with kratom...in realistic doses it works fine and there is zero addictive issues from what I have seen...I was taking 5 10mg. vicodins whereas I now am comfortable taking 2 daily...

Read all about it!

TOP THINGS TO KNOW
The Rhode Island Senate Judiciary Committee and House Finance Committee both approved identical marijuana legalization bills, with floor votes on final passage set for next week.
The Republican-controlled Minnesota Senate blocked the Democratic minority leader's motion to bring a marijuana legalization bill to the floor for consideration. The Democratic-run House of Representatives passed legal cannabis last year and Gov. Tim Walz (D) supports the reform.
A group of state marijuana regulators from across the U.S. sent a letter telling congressional leaders that the lack of banking access doesn’t just impact cannabis businesses—it also impedes government agencies themselves by making it harder to get financial services.
The New York Senate and Assembly approved a bill to encourage businesses to use hemp materials for packaging, construction and other industrial purposes.
The Massachusetts Cannabis Control Commission reported that the state’s licensed retailers have now sold more than $3 billion worth of legal recreational marijuana products since sales launched. The $2 billion mark was crossed just eight months ago.

Keep reading to end Illiteracy!

FEDERAL
Federal prosecutors charged a former president and CEO of the Anaheim, California Chamber of Commerce with scheming to defraud a cannabis company that retained a political consultant to lobby for favorable legislation.

Sen. Alex Padilla (D-CA) tweeted, "The SAFE Banking Act gives legal cannabis businesses equal access to banking services. I proudly stand with my colleagues in calling for this legislation to be taken up in the Senate. "

Rep. James Comer (R-KY) spoke about the popularity of medical cannabis and the failure of Kentucky lawmakers to pass legislation on the issue this session.

Rep. Doug LaMalfa (R-CA) tweeted that illegal marijuana cultivation operations "steal water, poison wildlife, trash our wildlands and pose a grave threat to nearby residents."

Former Rep. Patrick Kennedy (D-RI) tweeted, "While many people can use marijuana without it leading to problematic behavior, those who have mental health challenges—especially young people—will be at an increased risk of severe impacts."

STATES
Colorado Gov. Jared Polis (D) reiterated his support for legislation on his desk to felonize fentanyl possession, but attempted to disconnect it from the war on drugs, which he says he opposes. Separately, regulators issued an expanded health and safety advisory about potentially unsafe levels of yeast and mold contamination in marijuana products produced by Fresh Baked, LLC.

Kentucky Gov. Andy Beshear (D) reacted to this week's primary elections, citing medical cannabis as an issue that candidates should embrace.

The Massachusetts House of Representatives approved a large-scale bill on marijuana equity and other cannabis issues.

The Louisiana Senate Health & Welfare Committee approved a bill to shift regulatory responsibility for the medical cannabis program and allow dispensaries to open satellite locations.

A Wisconsin senator posted, "While Wisconsin remains an island of prohibition, our neighbors in Michigan are breaking cannabis sales records."

An Illinois judge ordered regulators to conduct simulated lotteries for marijuana businesses who say they were improperly excluded from being prior lotteries for retail licenses.

A lawsuit challenging Utah regulators' denial of a medical cannabis cultivation license was dismissed by a federal judge.

The New York Dormitory Authority issued requests for proposals relating to the Social Equity Cannabis Investment Program.

California regulators are proposing to readopt emergency rules on providing waivers for cannabis licensing fees.

New Mexico regulators apologized for confusion about cannabis taxes.

Oklahoma regulators posted an update on medical cannabis legislation.

absolutely, I take 3 caps at dinner time to pick up where the vicodin left off...my nerve damage from the last surgery gets close to unbearable at night...kratom really turns off the pain with zero side effects...if you drink too much milk you can get sick, same with kratom...in realistic doses it works fine and there is zero addictive issues from what I have seen...I was taking 5 10mg. vicodins whereas I now am comfortable taking 2 daily...
My youngest son got addicted to kratom about 5 years ago. He was taking several grams a day (I believe). He had 3 seizures before we found out what was causing his seizures(ER docs confirmed he had no drugs in his system thru blood tests). He took it to increase his ability to train in MMA fighting and it spiraled out of control. It took him a good month before he felt normal again after quitting cold turkey. He had all the symptoms of addiction withdrawal and had to take a week off work to start his cold turkey adventure. It sounds like you are not abusing it and it is helping you to cut down on Vicodin which is great. I just wanted to chime in to let people know that like everything else, kratom should be used in moderation.

Read all about it!

The chairman of the Kansas Senate Federal and State Affairs Committeesaid that although medical cannabis legislation will not pass this year as the session comes to an end, lawmakers will work over the summer to form a “near complete product” of a bill that can be considered early in 2023.
A new report from the Justice Department's Bureau of Justice Statisticsshows that federal marijuana arrests are continuing to drop as more state cannabis legalization laws are enacted.
The National Institute on Drug Abuse filed a notice saying it is looking for new partners who can supply cannabis for research—including “marijuana cigarettes of varying potencies” as well as extracts of THC, CBD and other cannabinoids.
A new study looks at how legalization has "drastically changed" the social media landscape for marijuana marketing—with women taking a lead as influencers.
  • “Cannabis influencers on Instagram are changing the stereotypical characteristics of illegal cannabis culture."

Moar News!

/ FEDERAL
The Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration's Drug Testing Advisory Board will consider workplace marijuana testing on June 21.

Senate Majority Leader Chuck Schumer (D-NY) tweeted, "The EQUAL Act will end the discriminatory 18:1 sentencing disparity between 'crack' and powder cocaine. That's why it's supported by a huge bipartisan coalition. I stood today with New Yorkers impacted by the War on Drugs to say we’re going to keep working until we get it done."

Rep. Marie Newman (D-IL) tweeted, "I strongly believe we must not only legalize cannabis federally, but we need to right the wrongs of the past and put equity at the forefront of all we do."

Rep. Mike Garcia (R-CA) toured illegal marijuana cultivation sites.

Rep. Fred Keller (R-PA) said he is concerned about Pennsylvania Democratic Senate candidate John Fetterman's support for legalizing marijuana.

Colorado Republican Senate candidates discussed marijuana during a debate.

STATES
Texas Democratic gubernatorial candidate Beto O'Rourke, a former congressman, framed marijuana legalization as a way to help veterans.

Colorado's treasurer tweeted, "We need to give state-legal marijuana businesses access to traditional financial services as a public safety imperative that could also bolster the economy."

The California Senate approved a bill to require cities to allow medical cannabis delivery.

North Carolina's House speaker suggested medical cannabis should be dealt with during a long legislative session, and not this year.

Here's a look at where pending Oklahoma medical cannabis reform bills stand.

An Alabama regulator said medical cannabis cultivation rules should be ready by mid-July.

Maine regulators are accepting hemp license applications.

Oregon regulators approved marijuana business violation stipulated settlement agreements.

Virginia regulators published a list of trained hemp sampling agents.

New Jersey regulators will consider marijuana business license applications on Tuesday.

Latest posts

Back