Cannabis tincture

SubmarineGirl

Bud of the Month Winner
Reaction score
That is why you let it dry. Yup but my head is going Pop the Magic Dragon right now. Don't like the taste.
Just finished it. strained three times with coffee filters. It’s pretty clear but still a bit greener than my frozen brew. Did a bit of sampling under the tongue and it has a good vibe to it. Gonna try to smoke some But need to dig out my bowl or bong. I may filter it once more tomorrow although I didn’t taste much plant matter even tho it’s a lot darker green.
8B309191-20DF-44BB-A6B5-6608194EB8A7.jpeg

Dan789

Reaction score
I saw this and some others like it I can see it working well the first batch then clogging up. And theni would also need a pump and probably tubing too…That THC is super sticky so I would need a rig like this that the filter element could be easily changed out or cleaned. Perhaps I can engineer something using one of the flask suction options available. Didn’t want to sink a pile of cash into it tho. Maybe my current simple way will have to do for now. Thanks so much for your reply. I will shop around for them to see what is out there
I’ve got one of the vacuum filter set ups. My comments were it does filter, but is a slow process and have been using paper filter disc’s cut out of coffee filters for the consumable filters which you’ll need several depending on how much liquid you’re filtering. I use coconut oil and it must be warm or nothing happens… With these rigs you‘ll need a real vacuum pump, not the small air pump styles that are on the market. With the vacuum pump, then you’ll be dealing with the oil mist which is a product of running that pump. For every new process another problem to be overcome. It does give you in a great result, but not without effort, and then I’m wondering if the less filtered infused liquid isn’t more powerful? Anyway just my observations, hope this sheds some light.

joeb631a

Reaction score
They work pretty well with a nice funnel too to place over your collection container. I’m getting ready to have kidney stone surgery on the 5th. Not looking forward to it but I’m sure I will get a supply of them to use afterward. 😂
OMG ! The best of luck to you and hope all goes well

gmo

Ganja Farmer
Bud of the Month Winner
Bud of the Year
Reaction score
My last batch:

750mL Everclear 95%
72g ground up and decarbed flower

8 hours in the magical butter machine. Strained through paper coffee filters 2 times. It's green, and tastes strong, but 1mL does the trick and tickles my brain. Should be about 20mg/mL.

The math: assuming 20% thc starting material.

72g x 200mg = 14,400mg THC. Assume a 20% loss of THC in the making. 14,400 x .8 = 11520mg
750mL Everclear. Known 20% loss of Everclear in the process. 750 x .8 = 600mL

11520/600 = 19.2mg/mL.

I ended up with exactly 20 30mL bottles of tincture.

SubmarineGirl

Bud of the Month Winner
Reaction score
My last batch:

750mL Everclear 95%

8 hours in the magical butter machine. Strained through paper coffee filters 2 times. It's green, and tastes strong, but 1mL does the trick and tickles my brain.
Yes the only edible thing that I can actually feel. It definitely has its purpose GMO. My son in law going thru harsh chemo now been depending on it everyday helps him too and his doc says it’s ok to use it just not smoke it. I only use good flower for his brew. Magic butter machine took out some of the work. A couple of eye droppers full under the tongue works for me really quick too

Reactions: gmo

gmo

Ganja Farmer
Bud of the Month Winner
Bud of the Year
Reaction score
Yes the only edible thing that I can actually feel. It definitely has its purpose GMO. My son in law going thru harsh chemo now been depending on it everyday helps him too and his doc says it’s ok to use it just not smoke it. I only use good flower for his brew. Magic butter machine took out some of the work. A couple of eye droppers full under the tongue works for me really quick too
Quick is almost an understatement! Sometimes I can feel the effects behind my eyes 10-15 minutes after dosing. I use it almost nightly before bed to help knock me out, but it is also good to microdose throughout the day with tiny amounts.

SubmarineGirl

Bud of the Month Winner
Reaction score
My last batch:

750mL Everclear 95%

8 hours in the magical butter machine. Strained through paper coffee filters 2 times. It's green, and tastes strong, but 1mL does the trick and tickles my brain. Should be about 20mg/mL.

The math: assuming 20% thc starting material.

72g x 200mg = 14,400mg THC. Assume a 20% loss of THC in the making. 14,400 x .8 = 11520mg
750mL Everclear. Known 20% loss of Everclear in the process. 750 x .8 = 600mL

11520/600 = 19.2mg/mL.

I ended up with exactly 20 30mL bottles of tincture.
I’ve been sterilizing and refilling the bottles as he brings them back to me for refill. Last time I filled 12 and have 1/2 pint for refills my math says 25 mg per 1/2 teaspoon my last batch. He goes thru a bottle every couple days drinking it and eating it.

Reactions: gmo

Latest posts