Cannabis tincture

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That is why you let it dry. Yup but my head is going Pop the Magic Dragon right now. Don't like the taste.
Just finished it. strained three times with coffee filters. It’s pretty clear but still a bit greener than my frozen brew. Did a bit of sampling under the tongue and it has a good vibe to it. Gonna try to smoke some But need to dig out my bowl or bong. I may filter it once more tomorrow although I didn’t taste much plant matter even tho it’s a lot darker green.
8B309191-20DF-44BB-A6B5-6608194EB8A7.jpeg

I saw this and some others like it I can see it working well the first batch then clogging up. And theni would also need a pump and probably tubing too…That THC is super sticky so I would need a rig like this that the filter element could be easily changed out or cleaned. Perhaps I can engineer something using one of the flask suction options available. Didn’t want to sink a pile of cash into it tho. Maybe my current simple way will have to do for now. Thanks so much for your reply. I will shop around for them to see what is out there
I’ve got one of the vacuum filter set ups. My comments were it does filter, but is a slow process and have been using paper filter disc’s cut out of coffee filters for the consumable filters which you’ll need several depending on how much liquid you’re filtering. I use coconut oil and it must be warm or nothing happens… With these rigs you‘ll need a real vacuum pump, not the small air pump styles that are on the market. With the vacuum pump, then you’ll be dealing with the oil mist which is a product of running that pump. For every new process another problem to be overcome. It does give you in a great result, but not without effort, and then I’m wondering if the less filtered infused liquid isn’t more powerful? Anyway just my observations, hope this sheds some light.

My last batch:

750mL Everclear 95%
72g ground up and decarbed flower

8 hours in the magical butter machine. Strained through paper coffee filters 2 times. It's green, and tastes strong, but 1mL does the trick and tickles my brain. Should be about 20mg/mL.

The math: assuming 20% thc starting material.

72g x 200mg = 14,400mg THC. Assume a 20% loss of THC in the making. 14,400 x .8 = 11520mg
750mL Everclear. Known 20% loss of Everclear in the process. 750 x .8 = 600mL

11520/600 = 19.2mg/mL.

I ended up with exactly 20 30mL bottles of tincture.

My last batch:

750mL Everclear 95%

8 hours in the magical butter machine. Strained through paper coffee filters 2 times. It's green, and tastes strong, but 1mL does the trick and tickles my brain.
Yes the only edible thing that I can actually feel. It definitely has its purpose GMO. My son in law going thru harsh chemo now been depending on it everyday helps him too and his doc says it’s ok to use it just not smoke it. I only use good flower for his brew. Magic butter machine took out some of the work. A couple of eye droppers full under the tongue works for me really quick too

Yes the only edible thing that I can actually feel. It definitely has its purpose GMO. My son in law going thru harsh chemo now been depending on it everyday helps him too and his doc says it’s ok to use it just not smoke it. I only use good flower for his brew. Magic butter machine took out some of the work. A couple of eye droppers full under the tongue works for me really quick too
Quick is almost an understatement! Sometimes I can feel the effects behind my eyes 10-15 minutes after dosing. I use it almost nightly before bed to help knock me out, but it is also good to microdose throughout the day with tiny amounts.

My last batch:

750mL Everclear 95%

8 hours in the magical butter machine. Strained through paper coffee filters 2 times. It's green, and tastes strong, but 1mL does the trick and tickles my brain. Should be about 20mg/mL.

The math: assuming 20% thc starting material.

72g x 200mg = 14,400mg THC. Assume a 20% loss of THC in the making. 14,400 x .8 = 11520mg
750mL Everclear. Known 20% loss of Everclear in the process. 750 x .8 = 600mL

11520/600 = 19.2mg/mL.

I ended up with exactly 20 30mL bottles of tincture.
I’ve been sterilizing and refilling the bottles as he brings them back to me for refill. Last time I filled 12 and have 1/2 pint for refills my math says 25 mg per 1/2 teaspoon my last batch. He goes thru a bottle every couple days drinking it and eating it.

My latest batch made from 28g of kief to 1 bottle of Everclear. 4hrs heated and 6hrs unheated in my Magical Butter Machine. Much cleaner than when I use flower.
20220806_111703.jpg
20220806_100823.jpg
20220806_095348.jpg

I’ve been making cannabis tincture three batches now for my son in law who is going thru some pretty harsh medical issues. I’ve been using the frozen method with grain alcohol and whole buds not trim which has been working well for him. It actually works for me and no other edible does. one batch usually makes a dozen bottles which he goes thru pretty fast. Recently my daughter gave me this magical butter machine which also makes tincture using heat which I read was a bit better getting the THC out. They were gifted the machine to make butter and tincture but she failed miserably her first try and to tell you the truth she knows nothing about herb only that we all love it and she doesn’t. I agreed to try the newfangled machine on the next batch. I decarbed the weed today and it’s chilling in the freezer till I make the first run tomorrow. I watched a YouTube of someone making it and already don’t like the filtering process as it leaves to much plant matter in the final product. This is something that has always been a problem for me as I’ve been looking for a better way to filter. My best way yet is to wet a coffee filter down with grain alcohol so that it’s wet, then tie it to a jar with rubberband leaving a bowl of filter down into the jar as large a possible then pour the tincture thru it. It takes forever but I get a more clear product with less plant matter and taste. Looking for the perfect filter for this now. I’ll admit that the last time I went in to my kidney doc while in the bathroom leaving a sample, I swiped a couple of those beautiful cone filters that you pee thru to catch a kidney stone. Yes I did…use them on my next batch but still Re filtered it via coffee filters. I have another pee in the cup appointment on Friday will check the stock again as it made a great first filter. 😂
so anyone got any filter ideas for this tincture gig?
SubmarineGirl. Using the magic butter for the first time and after every thing you did to filter you're tincture, did it come out good are you happy with it?

SubmarineGirl. Using the magic butter for the first time and after every thing you did to filter you're tincture, did it come out good are you happy with it?
Yes the tincture I made with the alcohol turned out great. I did give it some extra filtering tho with a tiny mesh urine screen and then again twice with coffee filters. I just like a really clear tincture and this works best for me but is not necessary for most uses. I use it directly under my tongue and don’t mind the bit of burn but some do. I really don’t dig the plant matter but it won’t hurt you.. the magic butter machine does not filter well enough for me and i always extra filter (using cheese cloth, or fine mesh strainer) for whatever I’m making. I used a really good GDP flower and yes it is very good. I’ve also used the machine to make vape juice which I don’t care for myself but have been told it works good too. Hope this helps…

Yes the tincture I made with the alcohol turned out great. I did give it some extra filtering tho with a tiny mesh urine screen and then again twice with coffee filters. I just like a really clear tincture and this works best for me but is not necessary for most uses. I use it directly under my tongue and don’t mind the bit of burn but some do. I really don’t dig the plant matter but it won’t hurt you.. the magic butter machine does not filter well enough for me and i always extra filter (using cheese cloth, or fine mesh strainer) for whatever I’m making. I used a really good GDP flower and yes it is very good. I’ve also used the machine to make vape juice which I don’t care for myself but have been told it works good too. Hope this helps…
SUbie please give me a rundown on tintures i am ignorant to it

I’m no expert but did write down what I used for each batch. I started with a grain alcohol based tincture as my son in law was using it and paying for it for cancer therapy. I’d never had any effect from any kind of edible im sure because I smoke a lot but did get off in a skin crawling way then actually noticed a nice buzz from it when I used a couple droppers full under my tongue. Took only about 10 minutes…
well then my son in law couldn’t deal with the alcohol anymore so I made a sweet version with vegetable glycerin. He uses it in his drinks. I also bought some propylene glycol to add to that mix to make some vape juice. It worked in the vape pen I bought but it makes me cough but others that can vape and buy the carts liked the freebies from this batch and are asking for more. Unfortunately don’t think I’ll be making it again as the son in law doesn’t use it nor do I. Well maybe for Christmas 😳
GMO has made it a few times and I think posted his recipe too

Latest posts

Back