Cannabis tincture

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I’m no expert but did write down what I used for each batch. I started with a grain alcohol based tincture as my son in law was using it and paying for it for cancer therapy. I’d never had any effect from any kind of edible im sure because I smoke a lot but did get off in a skin crawling way then actually noticed a nice buzz from it when I used a couple droppers full under my tongue. Took only about 10 minutes…
well then my son in law couldn’t deal with the alcohol anymore so I made a sweet version with vegetable glycerin. He uses it in his drinks. I also bought some propylene glycol to add to that mix to make some vape juice. It worked in the vape pen I bought but it makes me cough but others that can vape and buy the carts liked the freebies from this batch and are asking for more. Unfortunately don’t think I’ll be making it again as the son in law doesn’t use it nor do I. Well maybe for Christmas 😳
GMO has made it a few times and I think posted his recipe too
thank you :)

So does the short 10 min to launch time mean that THC is entering your bloodstream faster than in your stomach and therefore hitting your liver quicker? Still your liver processing that gives the effect or something different like in your lungs? I'm guessing that terpenes might not come into play with the under-your-tongue tincture method?

I love the stuff and so does my wife. We each use about.75-1.5mL/day as a tranquilizer before bed. It also works for us just fine during the day. Comes on strong and quick, about 10 minutes.

Recipe:
750mL grain alcohol (I use 190 proof Everclear)
15,000-20,000mg decarbed THC (Approximately 72g good cannabis flower or 28g kief/hash).
Magical butter machine for 4-8hrs on low.
Strain through coffee filters
Bottle
1mL dosage is roughly 20-25mg strength.

So does the short 10 min to launch time mean that THC is entering your bloodstream faster than in your stomach and therefore hitting your liver quicker? Still your liver processing that gives the effect or something different like in your lungs? I'm guessing that terpenes might not come into play with the under-your-tongue tincture method?
I’m no scientist but I can tell you eating it has never done anything for me and the under the tongue method does feel different than smoking my regular blunt. I’m not sure how it effects my liver you may be right but it does get into your bloodstream quicker and the grain alcohol may even have something to do with it.

Yes the tincture I made with the alcohol turned out great. I did give it some extra filtering tho with a tiny mesh urine screen and then again twice with coffee filters. I just like a really clear tincture and this works best for me but is not necessary for most uses. I use it directly under my tongue and don’t mind the bit of burn but some do. I really don’t dig the plant matter but it won’t hurt you.. the magic butter machine does not filter well enough for me and i always extra filter (using cheese cloth, or fine mesh strainer) for whatever I’m making. I used a really good GDP flower and yes it is very good. I’ve also used the machine to make vape juice which I don’t care for myself but have been told it works good too. Hope this helps…
I just made a lb of infused butter for the first time with an Ongrock machine. My wife made some brownies and she told me it didn't work. I used 1.5 oz bud with a pound of Ghee butter. I must have done something wrong. Back to the drawing board.

I just made a lb of infused butter for the first time with an Ongrock machine. My wife made some brownies and she told me it didn't work. I used 1.5 oz bud with a pound of Ghee butter. I must have done something wrong. Back to the drawing board.
For cannabutter, I use a 1:1 or more ratio of trim and popcorn bud to coconut oil. So for a lb of Ghee butter, I would use a lb of cannabis. My brownies are too strong to eat more than a 1” cube so you could cut it with regular butter if you want to be able to eat a normal size brownie. My latest batch, I only eat about a quarter of a 1” cube. It is an unusually strong batch. I also make my cannabutter in a slow cooker without decarbing and cook it for 12-14 hours on the low setting. I am guessing the cannabis is decarbed by the heat over the 12-14 hours. I have tried decarbing in the past and it seemed to vaporize the cannabinoids out of the final product.

I’m no scientist but I can tell you eating it has never done anything for me and the under the tongue method does feel different than smoking my regular blunt. I’m not sure how it effects my liver you may be right but it does get into your bloodstream quicker and the grain alcohol may even have something to do with it.
It's called ‘sublingual administration’ the reason it works is because it bypasses your digestive system and is absorbed directly into the capillaries underneath your tongue. Highway to the brain.

For cannabutter, I use a 1:1 or more ratio of trim and popcorn bud to coconut oil. So for a lb of Ghee butter, I would use a lb of cannabis. My brownies are too strong to eat more than a 1” cube so you could cut it with regular butter if you want to be able to eat a normal size brownie. My latest batch, I only eat about a quarter of a 1” cube. It is an unusually strong batch. I also make my cannabutter in a slow cooker without decarbing and cook it for 12-14 hours on the low setting. I am guessing the cannabis is decarbed by the heat over the 12-14 hours. I have tried decarbing in the past and it seemed to vaporize the cannabinoids out of the final product.
My wife used the slowcooker method, smells the house up. I did decarbed 240 deg for 30 min, my oven was tricky. Thremostate must be out of wack. I had to stay with the over adjusting the temp.

I love the stuff and so does my wife. We each use about.75-1.5mL/day as a tranquilizer before bed. It also works for us just fine during the day. Comes on strong and quick, about 10 minutes.

Recipe:
750mL grain alcohol (I use 190 proof Everclear)
15,000-20,000mg decarbed THC (Approximately 72g good cannabis flower or 28g kief/hash).
Magical butter machine for 4-8hrs on low.
Strain through coffee filters
Bottle
1mL dosage is roughly 20-25mg strength.
How do you decarb 28g kief please?

My wife used the slowcooker method, smells the house up. I did decarbed 240 deg for 30 min, my oven was tricky. Thremostate must be out of wack. I had to stay with the over adjusting the temp.
I had to slow cook in the garage this past run. Mrs Fogey does not like a stinky house.

I made my first tincture with CBD flower.

I used it to make some gummies
IMG_8497.jpeg

189? They only sell it at certain stores around here. Some are not allowed to sell it. I’m not sure why some states are not allowed to sell it too.

Latest posts

Back