cannabutter and seeds

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Surfer Joe

Reaction score
I unfortunately got some hermies this time and the harvest is full of seeds. It's a pain to de-seed the buds before smoking, but it's great pot and worth the effort.
My question is about making cannabutter.
I normally use the shake and grind it up, decarb it in the oven, then simmer it in butter for a few hours and I get very nice cannabutter.
Do I need to remove the seeds before using the shake for cannabutter or can I include the seeds in the process?
Do they have any thc to extract? Will they pop in the oven like popcorn?
Thanks for any adivice.

People will eat cannabis / hemp seeds for nutritional value. So, they are ingestible and shouldn't cause you much pain. My concern would be at what temp they will pop when heated. Not sure if it is above or below the 240 degrees you would use to decarboxylate your weed in the oven. They don't have any THC value of note.

If you crumble up your shake and can pull some of the seeds out, that would be good.

Thanks. I use a coarse colander to rub the dry shake in and it falls through as powder while the seeds remain in the colander.
We did this 50 years ago when all the weed was seeded and came in reedy bricks from Mexico.
My first brush with sinsemilla was in the late 70s with Gainesville gold at the uni of Florida.

I haven't seen one in yrs. My brother in law still has one he hung onto. Guess ppl don't need them anymore. Hell i haven't seen seeded weed in several yrs myself. Ill look on the internet and see if i can find one of them old trays.

Here ya go. One end was for storing papers and weed,,,the other if you tilted and used a credit card or whatever on your weed the seeds would roll off into the little chamber on the other end that doesn't have the lip on it. And as you can see it had a lid.
s-l300.jpg

Huh? What advertising? The man asked a question. And we are not an administration,,, just poor old mods watching a site full of potheads.
😁

Last edited:
I don't think it is a complaint, I think they want to advertise here.

Yep,,,he posted on another thread Leafminer and your right. I answered him on another thread,,i misunderstood,,im high.😁 Thanks

In my opinion, edibles of cannabis are something normal. In my opinion,n it is even better than smoking it for several reasons. Most of all I like that you don't need to smoke it, so it is healthier. I'm not too fond of food taste with cannabis, so I am using THC pills. It has the same effect as smoking weed, with the main difference that the effect is a little bit shorter, and there isn't a specific smell. But for me, it is more an advantage rather than a disadvantage because I don't particularly appreciate it when I am in this condition for a long time.
that's odd. for me, the edible lasts a lot longer than a smoke.
if I take a small sugar cube size of canna butter, I get a nice 7-8 hours of effect, but if I smoke and stop, it tends to last 2-3 hours at the most.

I use RSO everyday in the evenings.

Latest posts

Back