Can't get soil Ph dialed in

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Gosh dang it. I went to get the specifics off the bottle and realized I either misread, misprocessed or just stoned out the directions...recommended to add in soils LOW in perlite and a couple other things. Ugh, that stops now. Gotta get to work, will get on the rest of that tonight when I get home. Lots of stuff I should have familiarized myself with before I started, but live and learn. I really appreciate the help.

I really think that the first thing you need to do is to get your water tested. Until you do that, you are just guessing at what your plants need. Most county extension offices will test water for a nominal fee. Some well water is great and some is horrible. You need to get it tested and know exactly what is in it.

I really think that the first thing you need to do is to get your water tested. Until you do that, you are just guessing at what your plants need. Most county extension offices will test water for a nominal fee. Some well water is great and some is horrible. You need to get it tested and know exactly what is in it.
Sound advise.

If you have a university near by, very often it hosts an agricultural / drinking water extension lab that will take in water testing requests. Sometimes you can even call them and get data from a nearby well that they already have a record of!
Source: I used to work at one ; )

Quick update...Been absolutely swamped trying to get all my outside work done before winter, so not had time for the water test but...I started the GH micro spray immediately, I doubled their nutes, started letting my mix sit a half hour before final ph testing and eliminated that unneeded calmag and they have gone the right direction. Looking really nice in the bud areas, but the leaves that went bad don't seem to want to come back. I'm only in 5 gallon fabric pots and I have 13 pairs of branches on that that Inzane, I'm about 90% sure it's just starving in that little pot. I'll be moving to 7s in the future.

Welp, I'm thinking (99% sure) the 5 gallon bags were WAY too small. I pulled those girls and every one had a solid plug of roots. Upgraded to 7s for this round, am loving the results and so are the girls. Dropped the CO2 tank and am running a bunch of home made CO2 generators and the room's never been so green. Sticking with 1 1/2 of GO's recommended feeding levels, am watching tips for any burn sign to see if I need to back off, but dang they're getting big.

Attachments

• INZANEEDIT1.jpg
    INZANEEDIT1.jpg
    52 KB · Views: 25
  • INZANEEDIT2.jpg
    INZANEEDIT2.jpg
    42.8 KB · Views: 24
Last edited:
Always think of my sister, she is President of a big Horticulural Society and I asked her about PH. She grows some now that it is legal here. She said," oh people makes to big of a deal with PH, it is a ffffnnnn weed, weeds grow." LOL

Cannabis does not grow like a weed. it is not a weed. It has been highly hybridized over thousands of years.
If you were to grow in organic soil with organic nutes you would not need to worry so much about PH usually. I sure don't. :)

I have been growing for a decade now and have never worried about my soil PH. I just make sure everything that goes in is PH'd to 6.5. IMO checking soil PH is a good way to go down a rabbit hole.

Thanks all. I like to think I'm a relatively smart person. This last year has taught me a few very valuable lessons. 1) I'm not as smart as I thought I was. 2) There are people who have been doing this for a very long time, and they ARE as smart as I thought I was. 3) Listen to those people when they talk. I think I was trying to out-think people who have done this for years and it showed. I've bowed to almost all common knowledge and things are going 100% better for me. I'm going to stop trying to overthink things and listen to you guys from now on :D

Latest posts

Back