Can't Pull The Trigger

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BoneMan1000

Reaction score
Hey guys, hoping you can help me out. For some reason I can't seem to get started on my marijuana growing journey. I've done plenty of reseach, I know all the equipment I need, where to get it, what I want to grow, and I have the funds I need to get started, but I just don't seem to be able to pull the trigger.

I know once I get started growing I'll be very happy that I did, but when I'm about to place my order there's always some thought that causes me to wait and reconsider. For example, I'll think something like "I'm doing pretty well in life so why would I want to get involved in an illegal activity and possibly lose everything". Or I'll think that maybe I won't have good results, or I'll wonder if having plants in my house will cause me to be paranoid all the time. Or what about the smart meter the electric company installed. Or what about, or what about, or what about. I think you get the picture.

Since I'm sure my situation isn't unique, I would love to hear your experiences about getting started growing, and if you can relate to what I'm saying, and maybe now you look back and think how silly you were to have such doubts, etc.

This growing thing is really something I want to do, yet I never actually get started doing it. I just keep studying about it, putting together my shopping list, and thinking about it, all the time. Thanks for reading this.

First thing first pilgrem to ease yur perinoia be advice we all give "Tell Nobody" If no ones knows no one cares. As for the worry about hydro and stuff well guess I need to say ifin yual growin fur yur own pouch a couple plants aint goin to much in the way of blip on radar but then gain ifin yual going to crack a few hundred seed at a time then yup might be a bit worry there. Its all common sence but the main one friend is if no one no what yur doin no one can say nother or rat yual out. Be normal be casual and yual do just fine. Good luck friend now go buy yur stuff with CASH and get started yur journy.

Oh and pullin trigger is what I do! ;)

BWD

Not silly at all. If you don't feel comfortable, then don't do it, that simple.

I would suggest growing something though. Veggies, herbs, potted plants, whatever.

If you can garden, growing mj is simple whenever you decide to do it.

Wet

If you do grow, try to find a strain that doesnt make you too paranoid, LOL, sorry just a little light hearted joking around, I guess growing isnt for everyone if it stresses you out so much now maybe its not for you, but most of what u mentioned are things that if your careful, arent really anything to worry about, IMO.

Wetdog said it. If you dont feel comfortable, then dont do it.

I was stressing at the start too. "will my beans make it to me, how much will my bill jump, ect ect"

So once getting the nerve to actually order. I set up things to be small. Little booth, low need of power, the works. And its what Im happy with and what Im comfortable with.

Thanks BWD, Wetdog, and dman.

I'm really in a perfect situation to begin growing. I own my own house, which is paid off, and my neighbors are cool (not that they'd ever find out). My grow area would be in a part of the house where no one ever goes except me, and I don't really have people over the house anyway, and when I do it's all downstairs either in the living room, the basement, or the kitchen. It's a pretty big house.

I haven't smoked in a few years. I used to always buy from dealers, but I just got sick of the riff-raff and the bullshit and just cut them loose. Heck, I've been smoking since the early '70s and always loved getting high.

I know that loose lips sink ships and I would never have a problem keeping my mouth shut. I really wouldn't want anyone to know.

As far as the paranoia, I just don't know what it would be like having plants in the house, so it was just a thought.

dman, I'm planning on starting out with some Serious Seed AK-47 feminized and I hear they raise quite a stink, but I'll have both my veg and grow tents with filters.

Anyway, I'm not a *****, I've taken lots of risks in my life, much riskier than growing pot plants would ever be, but maybe I'm just getting older and wiser, or maybe older and unwiser, I don't know. Anyway, thanks.

SPEARCHUCKER said:
Wetdog said it. If you dont feel comfortable, then dont do it.

I was stressing at the start too. "will my beans make it to me, how much will my bill jump, ect ect"

So once getting the nerve to actually order. I set up things to be small. Little booth, low need of power, the works. And its what Im happy with and what Im comfortable with.
Good to hear I'm not alone. I've been ordering steroids for years, through the mail from Greece, so I know how that works. No problem there. I think seeds would be even less riskier, so I see no problem since ordering juice through the mail is no problem whatsoever.

As far as starting small, I want to make it worth my while, so I don't think I will be starting too small, or too big for that matter (Mother's Keeper 6 4' bulb T5 veg tent and a 5'x5' tent with a 1000w light).

I see the wisdom of feeling comfortable, but I don't feel comfortable or uncomfortable, just stuck in limbo land. Thanks, appreciate it.

BackWoodsDrifter said:
First thing first pilgrem to ease yur perinoia be advice we all give "Tell Nobody" If no ones knows no one cares. As for the worry about hydro and stuff well guess I need to say ifin yual growin fur yur own pouch a couple plants aint goin to much in the way of blip on radar but then gain ifin yual going to crack a few hundred seed at a time then yup might be a bit worry there. Its all common sence but the main one friend is if no one no what yur doin no one can say nother or rat yual out. Be normal be casual and yual do just fine. Good luck friend now go buy yur stuff with CASH and get started yur journy.

Oh and pullin trigger is what I do! ;)

BWD
Thanks Mr. Drifter, that's classic. You sure do have a way with words. Thanks again my friend.

Mr!? Naaa just BWD be fine come join me fire anytime yual like or need partner. Good luck but here this site yual be in good hand here with these folks be takin care anythin yual need.

BWD

BackWoodsDrifter said:
Mr!? Naaa just BWD be fine come join me fire anytime yual like or need partner. Good luck but here this site yual be in good hand here with these folks be takin care anythin yual need.

BWD

I know that BWD. You guys are the best.

Funny you wrote, I was watching Rambo First Blood on Spike today and I thought of you :D , seriously. If you ever saw that flick, Rambo was in the back woods fighting off the cops and the National Guard lol.

Know it well and actualy live that lifestyle a bit fur real but now be more into the peace of it not the keepin of it. Thanks fur thinkin of me too mighty honourd reckon.

Thanks for sharin fireside friend.

BWD

My wife and I had your same fears before we started growing, but the cops never showed up at our door, the electric co. diden't seem to notice the small rise in the bill, our friends have come to the house, but they still do not know we are growing because they ask if we are looking all the time. The people who live around us seem to be too busy with their own lives to care about what we are doing, and because we grow flowers as well as house plants, and have a veg garden, no one thinks anything about the pots, soil, and other things that we use to grow with, coming in and out of the house. We have had several grows with less than pure genitics while we learned how to grow indoors, (Which I found out was harder than I expected) but now we are growing seeds from the attitude which I purchased over the last several months, and we no longer fear growing our own smoke. As long as you hold to the biggest rule of all, Never Tell Anyone You Are Growing, without exception, you will find peace and tranquality in the act of taking care of your Indoor garden. JMHO

Menimeth said:
My wife and I had your same fears before we started growing, but the cops never showed up at our door, the electric co. diden't seem to notice the small rise in the bill, our friends have come to the house, but they still do not know we are growing because they ask if we are looking all the time. The people who live around us seem to be too busy with their own lives to care about what we are doing, and because we grow flowers as well as house plants, and have a veg garden, no one thinks anything about the pots, soil, and other things that we use to grow with, coming in and out of the house. We have had several grows with less than pure genitics while we learned how to grow indoors, (Which I found out was harder than I expected) but now we are growing seeds from the attitude which I purchased over the last several months, and we no longer fear growing our own smoke. As long as you hold to the biggest rule of all, Never Tell Anyone You Are Growing, without exception, you will find peace and tranquality in the act of taking care of your Indoor garden. JMHO

What I be living like too! Right there be the way to go pilgrems.

BWD

Menimeth said:

Thanks so much, I'm getting the show on the road. Smoking marijuana has always been about peace and tranquility for me, and it sounds possible to have it growing if you're smart about it like you and your wife are.

Thanks again, you really understood my post. I'm grateful.

Dan K. Liberty said:
hey Boneman just as a post script - since you been thinking, reading, planning about it for this long, you have prepped yourself for success

and if you found all the prep work exciting, wait til you got some seedlings pokin up their heads !!

it's really the greatest most exciting most rewarding hobby of all, so enjoy

Thanks Dan, I'm really looking forward to it.

Boneman, I felt the same way you do. Where I live the penalty for growing (manufacturing) has a MANDATORY jail sentence. It DOES sound like you have your ducks in a row too.

What pushed me finally was getting stopped by the cops with some weed in the car. I had just been to pick some up. Lucky for me, a good lawyer and $2500 got the charges dismissed. But I decided that IF I kept my mouth shut and wasn't stupid (having loud parties, people coming and going all the time, no reason for the cops to come to my house), it was less risky for me to grow it than to continually hunt for it and then have to go get it.

So far Im happy I started growing. You sound like an intelligent person so I'm sure you'll make a wise decision.

AG

Thanks AG, and sorry you had to go through so much crap with the law, but you did seem to make a nice pivot into growing your own.

The penalties for distributing, or growing with the intent to distribute, are pretty stiff in my state. If you get caught with an ounce or less though, it's just a citation. Actually, the law could work out well for me as long as I'm not stupid enough to raise suspicion of distributing.

Anyway, glad to hear that growing your own is working out well for you; I'm looking for a similar result.

Continued good luck, and thanks for your help!

Latest posts

Back