• If you cannot log in please check out this thread After Upgrade Notes. or use the Contact Us at the bottom right corner of the main forum page.
Advertise On Marijuana Passion

cant tell sex

Hamster Lewis

Furry Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Can't really tell with those pics. Do you have alternating nodes?

Hamster Lewis

Furry Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Yeah, that plant is huge. See if you can take some better pics. It should be able to be sexed by now.

buzzkillz

Reaction score
if the hairs havent popped by now then its probably male then?

The Hemp Goddess

Granny Mod
Staff member
Reaction score
No, if hairs haven't popped by now...it could be either male or female. However, I find that males usually show first. I don't understand how a plant that size isn't showing preflowers somewhere...have you sexed a plant before? Do you know what you are looking for?

Maybe try and get a bit clearer pics from closer to the top of the plant?

Plant looks great, by the way--big and bushy and green.

buzzkillz

Reaction score
i took more pics with a different camera. im a new grower and still learning. i think its a female but im not for sure, it will probably be a week or 2 before i flip and its eating lots and dont wanna throw money at a male

Attachments

thegloman

I think I am....therefore, I am......I think
Reaction score
If you haven't flipped your lights yet they won't tell you what sex they are. (unless they are auto's)
Flip the lights and look again after a couple weeks.

cardgenius

Reaction score
If you haven't flipped your lights yet they won't tell you what sex they are. (unless they are auto's)
Flip the lights and look again after a couple weeks.
Photoperiod plants will show male or female pre flowers once they reach sexual maturity. For me, that’s usually around 12” tall and has alternating nodes like Hamster Lewis mentioned.

Hey @buzzkill can you take a close up picture of the tops? If it’s showing preflowers you should be able to see some close to the tops. That plant is huge for it to not be showing any pre flowers!

Latest posts