Capital District New York Grower

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

daveydank518

Reaction score
I have a nice outdoor plant in the Albany/Schenectady/Troy area. About half of my pistils have turned reddish brown. It is October 11th and I think that it may be ready. I don't want to risk the frost/mold ex cetera. Should I wait or pull it now? I'm usually an indoor kinda guy but I figured I'd try one outdoors this year for edit and giggles. Any info or help would greatly be appreciated! Thank you and look forward to meeting some fellow growers!

To tell if it is really ready you need an eye loupe to check the trichomes. This is one i use. [ame]http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00BB92IK4/ref=wms_ohs_product?ie=UTF8&psc=1[/ame]

Welcome to MP....like Rose said a pocket microscope is the only true way to know if it is indeed ready fro harvest. That being said a pic of the buds could help us tell you if you are close or need to wait.

While many people think that the changing color of the hairs indicated ripeness, it does not. Some strains do not develop red or brown hairs. Hairs can also turn prematurely red or brown if exposed to too much heat or if the buds become seeded. Most outdoor strains are not going to be finishing up until the end of Oct, first of Nov.

Latest posts

Back