Captains Log: OG Seeds - Wizards Potion (12 reg's)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
please call me Mr. professor doctor The One
I want to see how you are doing this round doctor. can only get better I got faith in you doc

So they all have alternating nodes, and are around 15" tall. They are 6 weeks and 1 day from germination/first 2 leaves. I'm thinking, I have 3 for sure females in there, and all alternating nodes. I should probably put them into flowering soon.

Pics later tonight if life permits me.

Week 5 I believe? Or 6? ....I'll have to check back in my notes. Pretty sure it's 6.. for these 2 clones that are flowering. This is week 5 for the young ones. Everyone got nutes tonight, and next week I'll be putting the new ones into flowering. All have alternating nodes, and some have shown sex. We have 4 official females, and 3 (dead) males. 5 left to identify, and that will happen in the first week or so of flowering.

Week5-Tall (1 of 3).jpg

Week5-Tall (2 of 3).jpg

Week5-Tall (3 of 3).jpg

Week5-Wide (1 of 9).jpg

Week5-Wide (3 of 9).jpg

Week5-Wide (2 of 9).jpg

Week5-Wide (4 of 9).jpg

Week5-Wide (5 of 9).jpg

Week5-Wide (6 of 9).jpg

Week5-Wide (7 of 9).jpg

Week5-Wide (8 of 9).jpg

Week5-Wide (9 of 9).jpg

hey dgf. looks like your in for another bountiful harvest soon. good job!

if your not having heat issues, then next time around you might wanna consider flushing your soil about mid way through flowering. the leaf curling+burnt margins is most commonly either a build up of excess salts or heat stress.

a good flush mid way through flower will keep the girls looking happier when chop time comes around

Tents are in the 90's and probably could use a mid flush. Both factors against me lol :D

Thanks so much for stopping in Shortbus! :aok:

Yeah, those 2 clones really filled out a 4x4 tent. I trained one of them so much it equals the space of 2 plants easy!

if you like filling up the tents with fewer plants. give scrog a go. i think you'll love the results

I really only did this because I vegged them wayyy too long since I had no tent to put them in while I was waiting for the first round to finish flowering. I DO want to try a Scrog though! They look amazing. I also want to get some sort of hydroponic setup going.. I have a flood drain table, and a pump and various things. Or I'll just go DWC.. who knows :confused2:

lol

Dr. Green Fang said:
I really only did this because I vegged them wayyy too long since I had no tent to put them in while I was waiting for the first round to finish flowering. I DO want to try a Scrog though! They look amazing. I also want to get some sort of hydroponic setup going.. I have a flood drain table, and a pump and various things. Or I'll just go DWC.. who knows :confused2:

lol

you don't want to go hydro until you combat your temp issues. high reservoir temps are extremely detrimental to hydro grows

you don't want to go hydro until you combat your temp issues. high reservoir temps are extremely detrimental to hydro grows

Oh yeah, that's why I haven't done it! Boom, wicked stoner moment!! :D

I may do a couple DWC buckets this winter... It'll be 60's and low 70's in the room this winter.

Dr. Green Fang said:
Oh yeah, that's why I haven't done it! Boom, wicked stoner moment!! :D

I may do a couple DWC buckets this winter... It'll be 60's and low 70's in the room this winter.

i started my first grow around spring and into the summer as well. your going to love growing in the winter:icon_smile:

thanks to the heat of the lamps and all the recirculating cool air. the room is almost always perfect temp

Alright, going to flip the girls tonight.. well and unknown guys. Everything has alternating nodes, and 5 (6?) have shown pistols. Let's see what we get. :)

gl man i'm swimming in girls, sad to see the strain go almost want to keep it goin but spent a lot on beans so

9 are lined up all in a nice square... now if there isn't a few more males soon, it's surely looking like I'm going to have a forest! haha

I have my 4' T5 fixture back into my home made mylar 2x4 area... Soon as my purchase from The Tude gets here, I'll be using that. :D

9 are lined up all in a nice square... now if there isn't a few more males soon, it's surely looking like I'm going to have a forest! haha

Annnnnd I have a forest! :holysheep: Seriously, I'm quite positive all 9 are female. I'm 100% on 7 of them and 99% sure on the other 2.

I have them in a 4x4 tent... they are all topped / fim'd. I'm going to have to buy another tent aren't I? >.<

from the first cpl pics, back off the nutes....the burn is there along w the inward taco and curl. hit um with phed water for a cpl feeds and then back it back up.

:)

ShOrTbUs said:
i started my first grow around spring and into the summer as well. your going to love growing in the winter:icon_smile:

thanks to the heat of the lamps and all the recirculating cool air. the room is almost always perfect temp

It must depend on where you live. In the winter, it is as hard to keep my plants warm during lights out as it is to keep them cool during lights on in the summer. Maybe harder.

Looking good there DGF.

Oh, I didn't mention.....

...so.. my dad started some seed, from bag seed of "decent" smoke, but seedy weed for sure! 5 strong tap roots.. he started to do the over water / miracle grow routine, and I said "look, if you're going to do this, even for fun.. do it right as you can" He has window plants for a few .. then, after a LONG time.. I was able to sex them. 2 Fems out of 5.. ok, cool, let's keep them as house plants and see what happens. Then they grew.. and grew.. we were putting them outside then taking them in.. then when it was warm enough I was leaving them outside. That's when I went days without feeding, they started to fall over... 1 totally hermed and went FULL male... left with 1 female, that's doing.. meh, ok. So 2 days ago, I noticed good quality buds forming. I thought "hey I have room in my flowering tent.. and it's getting cold, I may as well put it up there with my 2 other girls." So that's what I did last night.. brought it in.. cleared it from bugs (lots of daddy long legs and a few brown larger bug). I do know I risk introducing the wrong kind of bugs into my room, but I checked the plant ALL over and it shows no signs of bugs or being eaten. So I've cleaned up the some yellow leaves and put her in. She looks quite lovely actually in there.

That's my dark closet secret I've been hiding lol! I basically helped take part just to watch what could and would happen if you did certain things. No matter what I did to this plant, it would not herm... so... she gets a nice stay in a warm hotel for a few weeks. She's earned it. :D

@THG: I have a small, sealed (oil) space heater, that will more than suffice to keep my room warm during the cold months. The grow room is very insulated, and I'm going to half the room off to make it easier to hold the heat. I think it's going to be easier for me in the 3 months that are not summer, because it gets DAMN hot up there then.

@TOA: Yeah I seen that, and am confused a bit. I'm feeding every 3-4 days, and doing water only in between. I think the PC just likes to get burned like that... at least I'm learning the strain, and it's tell me to chill the heck out lol.

Thanks all for stopping in! Pics tonight!

LOL--I have space heaters out the ying-yang, all kinds. What is hard is to regulate the temps with one of those heaters, especially in a small space--the thermostats on them suck. I am using a closet that is also well insulated and has living space on 3 sides. It gets hot here in the summer, too. Triple digits and high 90s are common. But yet winters are cold, dipping below 0. Both seasons can be hard to deal with the temps.

Indeed THG. I sure can't say "I know" when I haven't tried it yet :D

I have had 60's in the tents with it being 0 outside, in March at night when I first started. About as close I've got so far heh.

Latest posts

Back