Carbon filter and humidity

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tryguy2011

Reaction score
I am using a 6'' viagrow carbon filter, currently the humidity is 70% 2 part question, can i effectively dry my bud in this room with 160 cfm in a 3x3 room exhausting, and how will this humidity effect the life and effectiveness of the filter?

yes you can dry your bud in this room, it would only take them a bit longer to dry. adding oscilating fan helps, dehumidifier can lower humidity effectively. carbon filter life is shortened with high humnidity levels, but i wouldn't make changes to humidity based on carbon life rather on my plants' needs. in vegging and early flowering plants like higher humidity levels and they release very little smell so you can remove the filter then add it in mid flowerinbg when your plants need lower humidity and plug in a dehumidifier...

I am told at 80%RH+ charcoal filters dont work. A dehumidifier will create heat as well as dehumidify. At 70% humidity it may take awhile for them to dry increasing chances for problems. If that's your only option then it has to work...keep lots of air moving as stated by Zem. Howdy Zem.

I also hear humidity effects life, and effectiveness of carbon filter, does this mean that i am ruining my carbon filter right now by running it at 75% humidity?

not ruining it but reducing the life of the carbon, id say yes.

Latest posts

Back