Carbon Filter Needed For Veg Tent?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BoneMan1000

Reaction score
Folks, just wondering if plants in the vegging stage, in a T5 vegging tent, give off much odor? I know and plan on having a carbon filter for my flowering tent, but is a filter necessary for vegging too? Looks like I'll be growing a strain of Kush. Thanks.

I do not use a carbon filter when in veg.

pcduck said:
I do not use a carbon filter when in veg.

Good to hear pcduck. My overactive brain keeps coming up with new potential problems lol. Just goes to show there's no substitute for actual hands on experience. You can drive yourself crazy worrying about every little detail, and I am haha. Thanks.

Thanks fellas, so you're saying there's no strong smell when plants are vegging, or you just don't worry about it? Thanks.

Your house does not smell of mj when in veg.

I also hve never used a CF in veg....only time I hve really noticed any odor from my vegging plants is when I mess with them during lst training, and even then the odor is mild. Jmo

vBulletin Message
You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to pcduck again.
No filter in veg here either! :D

My room smelled like soil and vegetative growth... Haha, plant matter. But not marijuana. But it didn't bother me so I didn't filter it.

getnasty said:
My room smelled like soil and vegetative growth... Haha, plant matter. But not marijuana. But it didn't bother me so I didn't filter it.

getnasty, so guests will only think you're growing tomatoes lol.

Seriously, I decided to get a filter just for peace-of-mind. I put together my own Mother's Keeper tent from HTG Supply:

--MK tent
--SylverStar T5 6 lamp 4' bulbs
--Grow Bright 6" fan & filter combo w/ speed controller
--Recirculating fan

BoneMan1000 said:
getnasty, so guests will only think you're growing tomatoes lol.

Seriously, I decided to get a filter just for peace-of-mind. I put together my own Mother's Keeper tent from HTG Supply:

--MK tent
--SylverStar T5 6 lamp 4' bulbs
--Grow Bright 6" fan & filter combo w/ speed controller
--Recirculating fan
I've had plants grown from seed emit an incredibly dank, hash-like stank when reaching sexual maturity around the 4th week of growth, under 24hr light. And I think vegging plants can smell like pot. Not from the driveway, but it's there.

deepspacelaboratories said:
I've had plants grown from seed emit an incredibly dank, hash-like stank when reaching sexual maturity around the 4th week of growth, under 24hr light. And I think vegging plants can smell like pot. Not from the driveway, but it's there.

Thanks for the info. Better safe than sorry is my motto. If you were being shaken down by a guest, or even a LEO, you'd be wishing you spent a measly 80 bucks on a filter. Seems so to me anyway.

BM1000 No matter if you use a cf during veg or not you sure are gonna need it during flower.:D Good investment:aok:

The only time my veg plants smell like mj is when I trim them or I am in there handling them while checking them out. This is not a reeking smell like when in flower. I just prefer to extend the life of my cf instead of using it when it is not needed.

Do not use the filter if you do not need it however. It creates resistance for the fan, making work harder for the same air flow. If you did not get a speed control for your fan, I would recommend it.

pcduck said:
BM1000 No matter if you use a cf during veg or not you sure are gonna need it during flower.:D Good investment:aok:

The only time my veg plants smell like mj is when I trim them or I am in there handling them while checking them out. This is not a reeking smell like when in flower. I just prefer to extend the life of my cf instead of using it when it is not needed.

Yeah pcduck, I'm gonna have a separate filter for both tents, the Mother's Keeper and the 1000w 5x5, and use the veg filter when and if needed. I want to get a perpetual harvest up and running. :hubba:

The Hemp Goddess said:
Do not use the filter if you do not need it however. It creates resistance for the fan, making work harder for the same air flow. If you did not get a speed control for your fan, I would recommend it.

Howdy Ms. Goddess, yes, a speed controller for both tent setups. Thanks.

Latest posts

Back