Carbon filter not keeping up with smell

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ganjier

Bud of the Month Winner
Reaction score
Well I came home the other day and I noticed the house reeked of weed. yes, this strain is very stinky, but it seems as the days get warmer it gets worse. I cleaned the outside sock of my carbon filter and reversed the flanges, but its bad. I only have 2 grows under the ac infinity 6" carbon filter. the sock looks to be a bit dirty from when I started flowering, 42 days in, but I can't imagine that causing it. what do I do? I still have a few more weeks to go! It doesn't smell like weed to me though, it smells like sweet baked cookies. I will clean the sock when the lights come on to see if that helps, but I don't smell it when I am in the house, only when I come through the front door. Not good.

Last edited:
Believe it or not this shit is bad to the bone. Gets rid of all kinds of odors and fast. My sister told me about it and i kinda doubted what she was telling me,, but i went ahead and ordered some,,and boy was she right. This shit works fast on almost any odor. Its all natural. You can even spray it in your mouth. And no i didn't do it but it says you can. 😁

https://www.pooph.com/?mid=12013498...131723908222&utm_content=Pooph PLA [12013498]

Check your ducting connecting the filter to the fan. I replaced a carbon filter a while ago(maybe twice) because I thought the carbon was spent. Turned out I had hundreds of tiny pin holes in the dryer ducting I was using. Replaced the hoses and the smell was abated.

Believe it or not this shit is bad to the bone. Gets rid of all kinds of odors and fast. My sister told me about it and i kinda doubted what she was telling me,, but i went ahead and ordered some,,and boy was she right. This shit works fast on almost any odor. Its all natural. You can even spray it in your mouth. And no i didn't do it but it says you can. 😁

https://www.pooph.com/?mid=12013498...131723908222&utm_content=Pooph PLA [12013498]
What does the H stand for?

I have an 8" x 36" new gorilla filter if you get near this part of the world...it's all yours if needed...

I have an 8" x 36" new gorilla filter if you get near this part of the world...it's all yours if needed...
Well I might just need it. I just got home and walked through the door. BOOM! Smacked in the face with odor. This strain reeks! Not sure what to do. At least 2 weeks to go. I even sprayed the house with smelly good stuff before I left. Did nothing! I even added my 4" carbon filter to the closet, and it can't even touch it.

Having a perpetual helps me. I normally run 6 plants in flower, sometimes 8. I have 2 24" can lites running. One outside the tent as a scrubber and the other in the tent. Having a perpetual really helps. I time it so I have 2 plants finish every two weeks or so. By doing the it really keeps the smell under control. If I have all the plants finish at once the basement reeks of marijuana. When the furnace or a/c comes on it sucks it upstairs through the blower on the furnace. The filters can't mitigate all the smell from all the plants.

One other area to watch is your waste. In trimming when I cut off the big fan leaves obviously I throw them in the trash. If you let that sit for to long, especially in the warmer months it overwhelms the whole house as well. Solution.....dump it weekly.

But in the end my house does smell sometimes. Try an Ozone air filter at your front door. It help some. Do NOT put it anywhere near your grow as I have been told it effects the potency of your product.

As I am on the phone with @boo ....thank you for your idea. I don't have negative pressure on my tent, so maybe the circulating fans are blowing smell out of any zipper gaps I may have. I jumped my fan speed from 3 to 4, and will see if there is a difference when I walk into the door tomorrow. Fingers crossed.

Having a perpetual helps me. I normally run 6 plants in flower, sometimes 8. I have 2 24" can lites running. One outside the tent as a scrubber and the other in the tent. Having a perpetual really helps. I time it so I have 2 plants finish every two weeks or so. By doing the it really keeps the smell under control. If I have all the plants finish at once the basement reeks of marijuana. When the furnace or a/c comes on it sucks it upstairs through the blower on the furnace. The filters can't mitigate all the smell from all the plants.

One other area to watch is your waste. In trimming when I cut off the big fan leaves obviously I throw them in the trash. If you let that sit for to long, especially in the warmer months it overwhelms the whole house as well. Solution.....dump it weekly.

But in the end my house does smell sometimes. Try an Ozone air filter at your front door. It help some. Do NOT put it anywhere near your grow as I have been told it effects the potency of your product.
Thank you, buddy. Notes taken. I will implement.

That carbon filter is pain in the ... Using the "best" out there in greece but when flowering hits you can smell some outside the window. Wish i could add a second one but its not possible. Whole room is the grow room so my air tube passes through the first set of bricks and removes filtered air on the side of the window. Sounds weird but its completely camouflaged. Negative pressure is MUST. You can stand in front of the door of grow room and you cant smell a thing

Latest posts

Back