carbon filter suggestion

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lowrydergrower775

The Lowryder Guru
Reaction score
Hi guys I am looking at carbon filter now I have a 4x4x6'6 tent and I am need to know what size carbon filter I would need for this tent as smell is very important during this grow and I just need to know what would be the best filter to get for this size of a grow space and also who makes the best filters I have heard big mountain air from alot of people also phresh filter any suggestions on brands what has worked for you guys?

Mountain air I found to be good for around a week, or is that Weak. I had also read they were decent but found them to be near the bottom, and I have used them all.

I found Phresh to be near the top and would suggest one of these for that size with a 4" fan.

[ame]http://www.amazon.com/Phresh-Filter-701003-Minute-12-Inch/dp/B007ZU6IUY/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1401800344&sr=8-1&keywords=phresh+filter[/ame]

Best of luck

I like the Phresh filters. As big as you can afford and fit in your space, the longer it will last before needing to be replaced.

Next to Phresh, Can-Lite seems to get the next best reviews. I bought the Can because non of the stores around here carry Phresh.

I have a friend who uses Can filters and gets great results with them, but you have to buy the connection flange separately and connect it yourself. at least you used to have to do that. :)

On the cheap you could always vent a duct directly outside, like a clothes dryer exhaust vent.
You could put hanging Air fresheners at the end where it vents outside.

Of course this is the cheap way but it does work.

On the cheap you could always vent a duct directly outside, like a clothes dryer exhaust vent.
You could put hanging Air fresheners at the end where it vents outside.

Of course this is the cheap way but it does work.

My brother tried that and it didn't work very well, and was very unreliable. I don't recommend doing anything but carbon filtration. There are ozone generators but you have to be very careful with them in an enclosed space. I had a friend who fried his whole crop because the ozone built up in the room and cooked the plants. Plus it irritates the lungs in high concentrations. There is one that is made like a gun that shoots the ozone into the exhaust vent as the air is on the way out. It would be good if you are away from any neighbors so that they don't question the strong ozone smell.

Thanks guys I have ordered a phresh filter so just waiting for everything to get in and I should be on my way.

Latest posts

Back