carbon scrubber and inline fan not correct match?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tony8404

Reaction score
Hi,

I ordered a Phat filter 24"x6" 500 cfm.

I bought a vortex inline 6" fan 347cfm.

I asked on here months ago about the combinations. I was told to get a filter with bigger cfm than the fan.

Now I read that you want to match the fan and the filter to the same cfm or the fan should have higher cfm.

Does this mean I bought the wrong filter months ago to find out it will not work correctly to scrub my tent which is only 4x4x8?

Right now I just switched to Flower 12/12 and the HPS light is hitting 85 degrees with the vortex fan on full blast.

If I had gotten a smaller filter would my temps be lower than 85?

Check the ducting I tight limit turns and ducting length what is your too temperature?

Most filters have a min and max cfm. If your in the range its fine. You should have good airflow with that setup, depending on your light. Sometimes you just gotta play with stuff to get it to work. Ive found that ambient temp has a huge role in inside temp...meaning garden temp, and my ventilation is way over kill. Also figuring how water would flow.....its similar to air seems to help. I dont run a sealed hood or cooltube either. Its always a pita to get temps pefect for me, but i dont run a/c and such. What i have noti ed though, 85-90 will not kill your garden here and there. Sometimes i swear they like it. ��

Latest posts

Back