Carbonated Water

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

skunk

Reaction score
anyone know the ph on cabonated water ,seltzer,tonic,ect. i was thinking about substituting purified water for carbonated since it has alot of co2 in it but wasnt sure about the ph it doesnt say it on the back of bottle .

From what I seen it is best to be sprayed on the leaves as that is what absorbs the CO2. It wouldn't do much being applied to the roots.
I would use soda water. As far as the PH won't harm a thing.

i guess i didnt make that post understandable either . i was refering to the ph whether someone knew if it was higher than 7.5 or not . i went to selzer.com on reg tap water verses selzer . it said the only difference besides it being filtered already is that it has forced co2 in it as long as you dont get the flavored kind with the sodium and sugars they put in it . also you would think that all that fizzing co2 would losen up youre soil to aeriate it for the roots to breath . now thats a thought . but still dont know the ph .

i dont use ph testers . i just fig someone might have done this before . it isnt a big deal if it is filtered water i would say it is close enough .

skunk said:
i guess i didnt make that post understandable either . i was refering to the ph whether someone knew if it was higher than 7.5 or not . i went to selzer.com on reg tap water verses selzer . it said the only difference besides it being filtered already is that it has forced co2 in it as long as you dont get the flavored kind with the sodium and sugars they put in it . also you would think that all that fizzing co2 would losen up youre soil to aeriate it for the roots to breath . now thats a thought . but still dont know the ph .
Hey Skunk, you'll kill your plants if you put CO2 into the root system on a continuous basis. CO2 displaces Oxygen. Roots need Oxygen as much as they need water. You can spray carbonated water on the leaves twice a day and the plant will benefit some from it, but not enough to really matter. It's kind of like a furry dog wearing a sweater. It makes the owner feel better. If your going to use CO2, then you need to set up a tank and a delivery system in your flowering room. If your really interested, there are plenty of sites that discuss the benefits of CO2 on pot. Generally, if used in a proper delivery system, it can increase the potency of your weed by maybe 5 to 10 percent. If your growing WW or one of the other potent strains, the difference is like having one more drink after already having 20. Most of the best strains are one or two toke shit anyway.

ok thanks stoney . i do have ww and have already been spraying the leaves with it . also found a tank i think maybe be co2 but i am not using it till im 100percent sure its co2 . i posted a pic here in the forum fig someone might seen 1 like it before but would still like to have it tested . hell it might be freon far as i know . but the contents is cold and has no odor . im just leaning towards co2

it tested my sodium free soda water a few days ago: it's between 5.5-6.5

skunk said:
ok thanks stoney . i do have ww and have already been spraying the leaves with it . also found a tank i think maybe be co2 but i am not using it till im 100percent sure its co2 . i posted a pic here in the forum fig someone might seen 1 like it before but would still like to have it tested . hell it might be freon far as i know . but the contents is cold and has no odor . im just leaning towards co2
Man, it could be anything. Nitrogen, whatever. Be safe man and just shit can it. Why risk your life over a tank full of some unknown gas? It ain't worth it man.

ty sicnarf . and stoney i see you have a little common sense to ya . i probably will shit can it soon but you know the saying curiosity kills the cat .

"Purifying" doesn't affect the pH.
You're comparing apples and oranges.
My PURE mountain spring water is 7.5 pH, straight from the stream.
Outside, I don't adjust the pH; the soil acts as a buffer.
Indoors, I lower it to 5.5--6.0 for my hydro system.

Latest posts

Back