cardgenius’ 2 in 1 LED Grow Tent

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cardgenius

Reaction score
Hey everyone! Fairly new member here and am in the process of setting up my first indoor grow. I have a little bit of experience from growing a couple plants on my back deck for the last few summers but they never turn out to be the fire I hope for as they just don’t get enough direct sunlight back there. So, I’ve been wanting to get into doing a perennial grow for some time now as I smoke a lot and would love to start saving some real money by growing my own. I’m also a bit of a nerd and love to get into hobbies like this! I live in Colorado so it’s a 100% legal grow.

I wanted to start off small and expand as I get better so I went with a 4.5 x 3 x 2 tent and a 600w LED light. Figure I’ll flower 1 or 2 plants in the main chamber while I use the others for cloning and vegetive growth. I’m not sure if this will be enough growing space to keep me going year round without having to go to the dispensary in between harvests but we shall see!

Equipment List:
Vivosun 2 in 1 Grow Tent, 4.5 x 3 x 2
Vivosun 600w LED, Full Spectrum
Feit Electric 30w LED, Full Spectrum
Vivosun 6” Clip on Fan
Visosun 1/8” Adjustable Rope Hanger
“El Cheapo” Made in China Thermometer and Hygrometer
3 Gallon Felt Grow Bags

*Will Purchase if Needed*
AC Infinity Cloudline T4 Inline Fan
Vivosun Inline Carbon Air Filter

Soil, Nutrients and Water:
Fox Farm Ocean Forrest Soil
Fox Farm Tiger Bloom, Grow Big and Big Bloom
Extreme Gardening Mycorrhizal
R.O. Water
Dirty fish tank water

74010EAA-F4BD-44D7-81A9-4B3AD8C2F575.jpeg

Clean setup. Do you have yiur strains figured out?

Clean setup. Do you have yiur strains figured out?

Thanks. I’ve got 20-30 seeds that I’ve collected over the years. Not sure of the strains but they’ve all come from quality buds purchased at the dispensary’s around town so I’ll roll with these for now and hope I can find one I really like.

Will probably buy some high end seeds from a seed bank once these run out.

Beware of bagseed. You may have an easier time starting with a known strain. Bagseeds especially from dispensaries are usually made by hermies. Hermie seeds = hermie plants

You will need an inline fan. Plants need fresh air. And LEDs still generate heat. If you are worried about smell you are going to need the carbon filter too.

Beware of bagseed. You may have an easier time starting with a known strain. Bagseeds especially from dispensaries are usually made by hermies. Hermie seeds = hermie plants

Haven’t had any troubles yet other than some not sprouting in the past. What are hermie plants?

You will need an inline fan. Plants need fresh air. And LEDs still generate heat. If you are worried about smell you are going to need the carbon filter too.

Yeah, I’ve been thinking I’ll need one eventually(inline fan) but guess I’ll buy it once it gets closer to the flower stage.

I do have a small clip-on fan ordered that should be here in a day or so to keep the air circulated. It’s only 6” so I’m sure I’ll need to buy another one once the plants start getting larger.

The in-line fan isn’t just for odor control. Plants need fresh air. The in-line fan should draw in fresh air (where the co2 the plants need is). It will also exhaust some of the heat and humidity.

Hermaphrodites. Females that sprout male pollen sacs that can really ruin a good crop.

Oh wow, have never heard of that. Guess I have some reading to do and a decision to make!

Would be a much easier decision if I could just drive over to my dispensary and pick up a pack of seeds but no one seems to sell them locally.

Looks like a decent if small(mine is too) setup...get some decent genetics and an in-line fan for fresh air/exhaust and you’ll be trimmin buds in a few months...

The in-line fan isn’t just for odor control. Plants need fresh air. The in-line fan should draw in fresh air (where the co2 the plants need is). It will also exhaust some of the heat and humidity.

So you think I need that in addition to the small circular fan right now? I know I’ll need the inline fan for when the plants start getting bigger but thought I could get by with just the small guy for now.

With just the small light running and a couple vents open, the temps stays around 75° with 30% humidity.

Looks like a decent if small(mine is too) setup...get some decent genetics and an in-line fan for fresh air/exhaust and you’ll be trimmin buds in a few months...

Thanks! Yeah I’ll be looking to order the inline fan sometime this week.

So you think I need that in addition to the small circular fan right now? I know I’ll need the inline fan for when the plants start getting bigger but thought I could get by with just the small guy for now.

With just the small light running and a couple vents open, the temps stays around 75° with 30% humidity.
If the small circular fan isn’t pulling or pushing in fresh air, it isn’t doing the job an in-line fan would be doing. Again, plants need fresh air.

Looks like you've got most of your supplies all set (yup get an exhaust fan!).
I'll add that you should skip the dirty fish tank water at least for know. It's a big unknown, and for a first run, you are best to stick with predictable fertilizers.
If you have to use RO water, you need CalMagPlus to bring your base EC to around 100 before adding ferts. This is to return "good" minerals to the water, especially calcium, that the plants really need.

Latest posts

Back