Carty Grows Oldsogs Gear

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Carty

Check out my big Black Oger
Bud of the Month Winner
Reaction score
I had an old friend hit me up and offer me to pick a few strains from his gear to try... having both reg and fem'd beans, I chose

fem'd because of my very small setup.

I've chosen these 2 strains to test, growing 3 of each...

Glazed Dosidos and Durban Fire Cookies. as always these will be grown organically, but will be the first to be grown under a

new light in the small tent for a month of veg, a month of flower, then into big tent.... let the rotations begin..

Be soaking the beans this weekend, my goal is to have them born on May 1st...

Me too, talked to him today and he just started some of the Dosidos himself and says they are getting big fast..

Mine go into water tonight..

oldsogcoc donated beans (2).jpg
oldsogcoc (2).jpg
oldsogcoc grow (2).jpg

Let the games begin..

Seeds were put into water yesterday, today into damp paper towels and into baggies like traditional..

fresh seeds like these from the breeder should pop in 2 days..

20210428_115201.jpg

Glad to see you Carty. Hope you are doing well. Any sprouts yet?

Hey Pute... been so crazy for us... Our car engine blew up and we finally get a new vehicle Monday.... been waiting for my buddy to rebuild the upper end on a Toyota 4runner... not gonna spend $20K or more on a new plastic POS...
plus he's loaned me a car to drive the past 3mos... good bro.

Checked the seedlings this am... the Dosidos had just barely cracked, the Durban Fire had short 1/4" tails... so tomorrow they get planted and go under small lights... I do have some CSI & Goat/Monkey going though...
20210428_114321.jpg

OldSog has some good gear..him and Goat and Monkey Seeds are Top Shelf

Very nice to hear.... by looks of his genetics he's gathered up some nice gear.. starting 3 of ea, holding off on
the 3rd... Goat & Monkey seeds, really liking the form of these 2 Chem TK plants.. so much so I put one into
a 3gal felt pot so it could get bigger then the others .......

20210428_111725.jpg
20210428_111358.jpg
20210428_111413.jpg

I'm really thinking of going to 3gal felt pots or these 2.2gal oxy pots... one of the reasons I'm running these
2 ChemTK plants in one of each... they are pretty much the same pheno so this will really tell what's what..

Lookin' great! I'm running felt pots this time too because my hydro store only had 1 of the oxy pots in stock and I needed 2. I'll be watching to see what kind of differences you see between the 2 so I can make a decision for my grow room in the future. Keep it green!

Yep. They are open to the air pretty much. But i have seen ppl that swear by them. Carty grows nice dank in them. Im always open to different things so i might try them. Not sure if Home Depot carries them. The nursery i get my FFs soil doesnt have them.

Never used felt pots but im interested in seeing what the difference is.

I never had until a year ago or so.. I found out using them in conjunction with a plastic pot works unreal....
Note: During the first few weeks, you want the plant to grow the larger roots... this is what establishes the plant to
it's growing spot.. then the feeder roots come to play.. this is what you want during flowering.. Felt Pots and Oxy Pots
both "Air Prune" the roots as they reach the pots edge instead of turning inward and causing root bound issues..
So I run them in plastic pots made for Orchids for a month, 1gal, then into 3gal felt pots or 2gal Oxy pot....

Me neither but I have heard that they don't hold moisture as well as the plastic pots.

Especially true outdoors.. Indoors with temps running about 76f, I water every 2-3 days..

looking good bro, hope you and ladybug are doing well. i popped some older stuff and it is good stuff. had been running some fems, but not happy with them. doesn't help that the happy frog soil i got last needs a lot of lime. gonna have to try something else.

I'm so sorry for dropping the ball here...

Yes, felt pots and these oxy pots do not hold water as well... but I water every 2 days and they seem to love it.. the fact is, most of these pots are only 1.5gal and I think that may be part of my issue with poor yields... hhmmmm.?

Here are some of Oldsogs plants I just finished up...
20210809_014949.jpg

Glazed Dosidos... omg what a plant.. frosty as all get out..
20210809_015218.jpg

20210809_014715 (2).jpg

20210808_095230.jpg

20210810_043718 (2).jpg

Durban Fire Cookies... even larger with better yields, but wished she was as potent as the Dosidos..
20210809_015353 (2).jpg

20210809_015113.jpg

20210809_015423 (2).jpg

20210816_043436.jpg
20210816_043634.jpg

Latest posts

Back