Carty vs Hawaii

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Carty

Check out my big Black Oger
Bud of the Month Winner
Reaction score
A thread just for a little fun...

I was asked recently to test grow some genetics by a friend of mine in the Puna region of the big island region of Hawaii.. Puna Voice, aka: Puna Black Cherry. this project began in
2003 area by Dirtyboy808, the gift giver of these particular seeds.. A cross that needed more testing and I loved what his plants looked like on his last run so why not..

More strain info to follow soon..

Carty's Cocoa Kush, a strain I've been wanting to create for a while and think I finally found 2 winners bold enough to create a local Kush, and by little ole me..

GMOP #2 x Purple Punch #2... only made a small handful of beans in a very controlled pollen brushing to create these and another strain I'll be testing later with Oaxacan pollen used.
These 2 plants were the stand outs in their particular grows. the PP#2 was dark purple buds with lavender insides and a very nice high, uplifting.. but IMHO lacked the Punch part..
hoping combining her with GMO cookies and most likely a different Purple Punch used in that cross of GMOP could make for something special to sort thru... not likely with only 2
seeds, but hey, Chemdog line was started with just a few more found in bagseed so this is what keeps me hoping.. and it's just pollen slinging, but I enjoy the fun of the hunt that is mine..

I started these seeds on Elvis's Birthday and just so happens to be a family members also.... So here goes, the Elvis Test Grow... hahaha

Started on Jan 8th... germinated thru the 11th and now ready to plant...
Cocoa Kush.jpg

Puna Voice tails.jpg

Getting ready to plant.jpg

I dropped these into water on the 8th of Jan, gave them a stir about 14hrs later in the am and almost all sank to
the bottom and stayed down, perfect..

Onto damp paper towels, inside baggies and slid inside an oven mit then throw atop microwave... hehe.

2 days later on the 10th they had small tails so I left them for another day.. also I was out of soil... lol.

The 11th they went into their new homes, 1/2gal Orchid pots.. I found these an wanted to try them for all the
drainage holes and breathing areas up the sides.. these will be short veg'd, flipped to 12/12 to sex only, then
females will be put into reveg and sent to the main grow area at my friend J's.. figured I have the small tent,
why not start using to sex plants and try some of the genetics I"ve been sitting on...

7up...
7up finally.jpg

Up first and born on the 15th.. Carty's Cocoa Kush experiment..
Carty's Cocoa Kush or CCK..jpg

CCK pheno A..jpg
CCK pheno B..jpg

Puna Black Cherry... popped up in 2 days between 13 and 15th..
Puna Black Cherry  PBC..jpg
PBC #2..jpg
PBC #3..jpg
PBC #4..jpg
PBC #5 and #6..jpg

Today they were watered and given a shot of Surge by Roots Organics... I don't like giving them to much during week
one.. next week full feed at half strength.. should be fun

Nice, thanks Burnie... got to taste some others and possibly next crop of the Black Cherry... heard good things of it..

Growth is much better since lowering the light right down on them.. all about sexing them atm...

how ya doing brother B..? Stay warm my friend... peace

HOrrible Grow, sorry for dropping the ball but it lead to me getting screwed again... nobodies fault other then bad

luck.. would up with almost all males, took the 2 females to my buddies house and he would up shit canning them..

it just didn't work for me and kinda sad. I do however have another chance with Hawaiian strain with:

Maui Wowie F2, Maui Wowie x Large Marge.. down the road a bit..

Since this I have had to do a clone run..

Attachments

• GG #4 Aa.jpg
    GG #4 Aa.jpg
    137.7 KB · Views: 30
  • GG #4 Ca.jpg
    GG #4 Ca.jpg
    94.2 KB · Views: 32
  • NYCD 2a.jpg
    NYCD 2a.jpg
    85.7 KB · Views: 31
  • NYCD 1a.jpg
    NYCD 1a.jpg
    88.7 KB · Views: 32
  • nycd f1 (2).jpg
    nycd f1 (2).jpg
    118.9 KB · Views: 11
  • Killing Fields jagged leafs eh.jpg
    Killing Fields jagged leafs eh.jpg
    86.2 KB · Views: 11
update

Attachments

• f8 (2).jpg
    f8 (2).jpg
    93.1 KB · Views: 31
  • f3 (2).jpg
    f3 (2).jpg
    143.7 KB · Views: 32
  • f2 (2).jpg
    f2 (2).jpg
    80.2 KB · Views: 30
  • f7 (2).jpg
    f7 (2).jpg
    142.2 KB · Views: 32
  • f4 (2).jpg
    f4 (2).jpg
    108.7 KB · Views: 29
update

Attachments

• wk2 c (2).jpg
    wk2 c (2).jpg
    159.3 KB · Views: 2
  • wk2 d (2).jpg
    wk2 d (2).jpg
    136.1 KB · Views: 2
  • wk2 f (2).jpg
    wk2 f (2).jpg
    137.3 KB · Views: 2
  • wk2 i (2).jpg
    wk2 i (2).jpg
    99.2 KB · Views: 2
  • wk2 h (2).jpg
    wk2 h (2).jpg
    97.7 KB · Views: 2
Update: Day 19 flower

Attachments

• wk 3 a NYCD 1.jpg
    wk 3 a NYCD 1.jpg
    114.7 KB · Views: 4
  • wk3 b nycd 1b.jpg
    wk3 b nycd 1b.jpg
    126.4 KB · Views: 5
  • wk3 c nycd 1c.jpg
    wk3 c nycd 1c.jpg
    116.6 KB · Views: 4
  • wk3 d nycd 1e.jpg
    wk3 d nycd 1e.jpg
    130.7 KB · Views: 5
  • wk3 e.jpg
    wk3 e.jpg
    72.2 KB · Views: 4
  • wk3 h KF a.jpg
    wk3 h KF a.jpg
    75.6 KB · Views: 4
  • wk3 l gg c.jpg
    wk3 l gg c.jpg
    107.9 KB · Views: 3
  • wk3 r..jpg
    wk3 r..jpg
    96.3 KB · Views: 3
  • wk3 u..jpg
    wk3 u..jpg
    201.5 KB · Views: 2
Update: 3wks flower and current

Attachments

• 23 days (2).jpg
    23 days (2).jpg
    115.7 KB · Views: 35
  • 23h (2).jpg
    23h (2).jpg
    137.1 KB · Views: 37
  • 23b (2).jpg
    23b (2).jpg
    151.1 KB · Views: 37
  • 23c (2).jpg
    23c (2).jpg
    116.8 KB · Views: 36
  • 23d (2).jpg
    23d (2).jpg
    147.6 KB · Views: 34
  • 23f (2).jpg
    23f (2).jpg
    192.7 KB · Views: 35
  • 23g (2).jpg
    23g (2).jpg
    142.9 KB · Views: 36
What kind of containers are those with the deals sticking out. Never seen a container like that.

I'm really sorry I dropped the ball on this grow... I wound up taking the plants over to a buddies house who in turn killed them.. he has since been cut off of my plants, seeds only.. he thought calyx build up was a hermie and cut them down... unreal huh?

I did get this smoke off one small plant....

Attachments

• pbc 5 (2).jpg
    pbc 5 (2).jpg
    160.5 KB · Views: 4
  • pbc 3 (2).jpg
    pbc 3 (2).jpg
    176.4 KB · Views: 4
  • pbc 4 (2).jpg
    pbc 4 (2).jpg
    201.9 KB · Views: 4
What kind of containers are those with the deals sticking out. Never seen a container like that.

Not cheap but worth every dang penny... Oxy Pots. get mine at amazon but HTG carries them at a decent price if
you can go pick them up in person, otherwise they hit you to hard for freight.. I like the 2 or 2.2 gal ones, a bit
taller and can actually fit 6 in 2 rows of 3... they air trim the roots just like the felt pots do... using these as a starter
pot to up pot from is perfect as these unwrap and lift right off the bottoms.... so easy..

Latest posts

Back