Carty's New Mars Hydro TSW-2000

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Another great shot of the Marathon OG F2 reproduced by Berserker... and his genetics are awesome peeps
MOG41 2.jpg
MOG41daysin (2).jpg

Sour Cream are Beast plants... lol
Sour Crack 41 days.jpg
SC 41.jpg
SCB41b.jpg

Firing up the small tent.. Time for me to do my own preservation run of Gabagoo and Blue Vangoo..
Adding some Mephisto gear into the mix with 2 feminized 24kt x Man Bear Alien Pig to also get dusted.

Gabagoo x 6.jpg
24kt x MBAP.jpg
Blue Vangoo x 4.jpg

All the seeds have sunk and stayed down within 8hrs.. impressive. The faster they sink the better the chance is of having a good germination. Now they go into a damp paper towel, into a baggie and then
an oven mit for complete darkness and to keep temps above 60F. why, seeds fall off plants in nature, some get buried and then the ground freezes, may even snow... as the ground thaws in the spring, the ground temps rise above 55F waking up nature. so cool.

Time to run to hydro store and get me a bag of Roots Organics soil... results don't lie.. look at this grow compared to last grow... see ya in a week..

And big thanks to Mars Hydro for sponsoring me with this light... I love this thing.

Carty

Germinating old seed stock can depend on how it's stored.. Mine stay in the freezer to mimic being in the frozen ground.. seeds are designed to awaken when the ground stays above 55F and get moist with rain.

2015 Gabagoo, not really that old.. seeds sank in 8hrs, stayed down and then ready for next step. damp paper towels and baggie.. into the oven mitt to stay dark and warm at room temp.

2 days later.
Germinated and ready to go.jpg

next step... potting them little babies.

One of the mistakes people make is not watering in properly.. you want to fill the pot halfway and then, water in lightly so water just barely drips out the bottom.. this settles the soil so when you do water after putting the seedling in, it doesn't sink and sometimes, gets lost and never shows up to play...

Finish filling soil, water in again very light, poke a 1" deep hole and drop germinated seedling in tail down and lightly cover with soil.. the moisture should be just right now. place your marker in the plant
and walla.. a trick I do, on the backside of the markers I put.. DOB.. DOS... DOSC
Date of Birth, Date of Sexing, Date of Supercropping. these things are nice to keep track of and this makes it very easy.

Mephisto included these cool plant markers with an order so thought I'd put them to use. Oink Oink
Sour Stomper Feminized to also get pollen from my Gabagoo F3
oink oink.jpg

6 - Gabagoo F3. 2 single potted, 4 double potted.. a trick I do only during breeding usually...

4 - Blue Vangoo F2, all 4 double potted.

2 - 24kt x Man Bear Alien Pig. 1 failed to germinate, the other was dropped in one of the above pots?

2 - Replacing the 2 above, Sour Stomper also by Mephisto Genetics, one of my fav breeders of autos.

Gabagoo Breeding preservation.jpg

I'd like to stop for a second and tell you all how much I love my new light...

So much so I'm thinking about pulling it out of the closet for better access to it and put the old tent in there.

Don't think my exhaust fan and filter are working sufficiently.. this might help that. not Mars Hydro stuff...

But the light.. well, you've seen my plants and the massive improvement in them eh?

TSW-2000.. this light fills my 2ft x 2.5ft tent from side to side.. the dimmer switch makes it so I rarely have to raise or lower the light making my life so easy.
And, if a grower wanted to go big time, these babies will daisy chain making life easier.. nice huh?

Another very cool feature of this light.. it comes with extra long cords for it's ballasts on top of the light, just in case heat is a big issue for you, the ballasts can be removed and placed outside the tent without having to purchase longer cords.. this feature is one you don't think of until you need it and then your like, oh, how cool they included this...
mh ballasts.jpg

Or you can just install them atop the light like I have.. heat isn't bad at all.
mh ballasts b.jpg

Now, I fell in love with LED lights with the daylight spectrum of bright white.. but when I turned this light on I noticed it had that but also a slight yellow of HPS showing up to play to. this has gotta have something to do with these ladies flowering so well, so fast and developing hard buds.. Perfect Spectrum IMHO..

And if my wife ever allows me to blow up the entire spare room, I'll daisy chain a few of these together and with 4 I could fill the room with buds... muwahahaha.
mh light b.jpg

I just love Mars Hydro... my good friend Batman is looking at them right now also... really cannot pass up on their full setup tent deals..

Mars Hydro TS 2000.jpg

Easy to assemble, install and it distributes light into a nice footprint.. with the dimmer switch in front top center of light it's easy to operate.
mh light.jpg

Last edited:
Thats the light i will be getting when my room is ready.

https://www.mars-hydro.com/ts-led-grow-lights
You really cannot go wrong.. give me a shout when your ready, I may be able to get you 10% off ok..
this light just kills it man..

I've moved these babies over to their own thread, I want to do an auto tutorial to show people all my methods that make me somewhat successful with growing this wonderful odd plant of the Auto Flower..

But, I do have to tell you this.. Babies overnight.. 8 of of 12 planted. Some I double potted to allow for male plants to be culled or used.
BV 2.jpg
BV a.jpg

So now look for Autos done Carty's way.. in this thread I'll be starting my next run of non breeding autos.

Things are looking magical....

I finally found my old bamboo stakes and used one to pull these 2 plants apart... here you can see the shorter bushier phenotype next to the purpling girl of the Black Creams
2 pot (2).jpg

The shorter hidden pheno can now be seen better.
pheno 2 (2).jpg

Her taller sister
blk crm (2).jpg

Sour Crack x Blackstrap is also putting out some unreal colors
Srcream 2 (2).jpg
sr crack b (3).jpg
Sour Crack (2).jpg

The buds are beginning to stack a little bit... little over 2wks maybe.

Remember me putting the 2 plants into 1pot.. the shorter pheno got dwarfed.. but it smells much better then the one going purple.
Black Cream flushing.jpg

The shorter pheno and her aroma is unreal and powerful..
Bcream short a.jpg

Bcream short.jpg

The taller pheno is going purple
Black Cream tall pheno.jpg

Mars Hydro steps up there Sponsorship..

My long term goal is to replace my old and tired gear with new Mars Hydro gear that I'll be testing,
reporting on, That said.

Adding to their sponsorship Mars Hydro just sent me a very nice 6" inline fan/filter combo setup..
Let's dive in.
A.. Luckily Mars Hydro believes in double boxing because the box arrived really damaged..
1. Fan from Mars Hydro.jpg

2. I was worried.jpg
3. Mars ships the right way.jpg

Looks good to me so superficial damage not affecting the product..
4. packaged nicely.jpg

Fan looks good to me..
5. shipping done right.jpg
6. Inline fan from sponsor.jpg
7. inline fan.jpg
10. inline fan very nice.jpg

this will be a nice step up from the POS 4" inline fan setup I've been using. Next week I'll be pulling the tent out of the closet and putting the smaller veg tent in there.. so be a few days before I get this installed.. but very nice indeed, speed control switch..

Thank you Yassin for offering me more products to test and represent MH.

Mars Hydro steps up there Sponsorship..

My long term goal is to replace my old and tired gear with new Mars Hydro gear that I'll be testing,
reporting on, That said.

Adding to their sponsorship Mars Hydro just sent me a very nice 6" inline fan/filter combo setup..
Let's dive in.
A.. Luckily Mars Hydro believes in double boxing because the box arrived really damaged..
View attachment 313544
View attachment 313545View attachment 313546

Looks good to me so superficial damage not affecting the product..
View attachment 313547
Fan looks good to me..
View attachment 313548View attachment 313549View attachment 313550View attachment 313551

this will be a nice step up from the POS 4" inline fan setup I've been using. Next week I'll be pulling the tent out of the closet and putting the smaller veg tent in there.. so be a few days before I get this installed.. but very nice indeed, speed control switch..

Thank you Yassin for offering me more products to test and represent MH.

Congratulations Carty!!

Thank you T_Dub.. this will only improve what I can do.. better air flow, healtheir plants.. really need an
oscillating fan to replace the one that broke. soon as these last 2 plants come down we can start prepping the next grow, move some tents around and install this new toy.. woohoooo..

Thanks again Mars Hydro...
A.  Mars Hydro Logo.jpg

Hey Carty,
Unpacked my tent today, totally screwed up, only ordered the tent and light, no inline fan kit, grow bags, timer and hygro/temp.
I contacted Mars in Australia to see if I could pay the extra and get the fan kit and they have no 6 inch fan kits.
Do I get the 4 inch fan kit or go any 6 inch kit?

I'm posting this here from a private PM in hopes my Mars Hydro sponsor can help Batman67 out. I've been assisting him in what tent to get, what light etc.. dedicated to MH and needs everything to get started..
thanks..

Hey Carty,
Unpacked my tent today, totally screwed up, only ordered the tent and light, no inline fan kit, grow bags, timer and hygro/temp.
I contacted Mars in Australia to see if I could pay the extra and get the fan kit and they have no 6 inch fan kits.
Do I get the 4 inch fan kit or go any 6 inch kit?

I'm posting this here from a private PM in hopes my Mars Hydro sponsor can help Batman67 out. I've been assisting him in what tent to get, what light etc.. dedicated to MH and needs everything to get started..
thanks..
Ordered the 6 inch fan kit last night. They are back in stock in Australia. Exciting times.
Special thanks to Carty for everything he has done to help me out. Brothers from another Mother.

Hey bro... did you get everything you needed..? ever find the 6" fan kit. I love mine. arm is almost feeling better.. she made me take 2 full days off.. grrrrr. lol. Oh, figured out what I did. last week I tried using my
fist as a hammer.. I hit something 4xs so hard and 2 days later I couldn't move it, elbow swollen.. Note to self.. your old.
hey, let me know if I can help with Mars Hydro at all.. the Rep I deal with seems to be a great guy..

My breeding project is taking off now.. plants are growing like mad, found a male Gabagoo showed sex at day 18 vs 12, so kept him instead. all in all going well.

The male is beginning to lean so I did some leaf tucking on females to expose them pistols..
Gab 1 breeder tucked n trimmed.jpg

The male is just now beginning to lean with pollen weight
Gab 6 male.jpg
Gabagoo 6 the male.jpg

Blue Vangoo #2 just showed sex and by the looks of her stem she's gonna be a big girl when grown proper
BV 2 just sexed.jpg
BV 2 thick stem.jpg

The bushy girl leans towards the Sour60 daddy side of things.. he was a short squat icky sticky bas-turd.. lol
BV 1 and 2 very diff phenos.jpg

Latest posts

Back