Carty's New Mars Hydro TSW-2000

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Mixed Feelings.... The Gabagoo I'm running that I seeded a wee bit during preflower. limits the amount of seeds produced because there is not many hairs exposed yet.. works great, I get about 25 - 40 seeds off a plant doing it this way and thus don't lost my entire plant to seed production..
It looks like she is going to be a monster, and next time much more LST.. but it's the very long flowering I have a hard time with.. if this is day 52, looking at what, 85 days at least. DOH

But this Gabagoo AK47 Pheno is a beast of a plant... she was born November 1st, sexed on the 18th and -had pollen dropped on her around the 20 - 22nd.. and I do see seed production and her I'll do the fly paper thing because it will be a while before she is finished while the seeds are done in 6wks..
check her out.. Day 52 from seed, Gabagoo Auto Flower by Carty back in 2008 or so.

100_0017 (2).JPG
100_0019 (2).JPG
G goo c (2).jpg
Gababeast b.jpg

Luckily my flower stacker nutrients just arrived, ran out, and that stuff is magical.. especially if you start using it at onset of flowering on.. I want to see if it will help her at this stage..

Love the Gabagoo brother Carty. She is an awesome plant to grow.

Love the Gabagoo brother Carty. She is an awesome plant to grow.
Thanks man... not sure this is the Pheno I want to work though. Day 54 today and she still is not forming buds persay.. she has plenty of budsites, just not building up.. her leaf structure shows Sativa dom, but I sure don't want an auto that take 80 to 90 days to finish. No, she'd be great for an outdoor auto if you want a Monster. So these seeds will probably go as that. Monster Gabagoo .
100_0017 (2).JPG

I love growing outside. Can't wait for spring.

I love growing outside. Can't wait for spring.
Then you sir are the perfect person to send some of these seeds to... just harvested 5 and looks like they could use another week like I usually run seeds.. 6wks. so look forward to running a few outside and see if they all maintain this pheno I'm calling: Gabagoo " Beast Mode " . hehe.

Gabagoo BM pheno (2).jpg
Gabagoo Beast Mode (2).jpg

Well, before the Mars Hydro crew beats me up, I'd best get to work on my setup. LOL.

Today I finally finished raising my light up as far as it will go without relocating my inline fan.. ugh. My plant still hits the light. and why I am calling it Gabagoo "Beast Mode" and already have volunteers to test grow this spring. and she is a beast. Last night I spent an hour doing a big defoilage to her.

6.. (2).jpg
2.. (2).jpg
1.. (2).jpg

Mars Hydro to the rescue....

During the big freeze of our week long winter in Fl. It got pretty cold in our house. It was 29 degrees outside for a few days and our heater decided to barely work.. after a few hours it was still 64 degrees inside. Hmmm, what to do.

Remove plants from large tent with all the Mars Hydro gear in it.. turned off the inline fan, zipped up the tent and waited for half an hour. Checked, tent temperature inside was 101f. so I cranked up the inline exhaust fan all the way and pulled the 6" ducting out and to the doorway..

Within 2hrs our 1000sq ft place was 72F.

We used this for 5 days, was very comfortable.. THANK YOU TOO
A.  Mars Hydro Logo.jpg

Thank you sir... hehe. why one of my old grower handles on Planet Skunk was McGyver.. lol
My 1st light was an old oven range hood with 12 spiral CFL lights, and the fan still worked... hahaha.

check out what this Mars Hydro light can do
Beast Mode (2).jpg
Beast Mode b (3).jpg

Molokai Frost #5 by CTG x White Runtz created by Matt of Goat & Monkey Seeds as a tester
Molokai #5 topped.jpg

Urkle x White Runtz also a tester strain of Matts I believe he decided to use..

D'Grape Fire in the rear by my buddy Oldsog who also sponsors me with seed stock to grow out.
Urkle topped.jpg

All were just topped a few days ago, Molokai #5 a good week ago.. as you can see they are thirsty already for their AM drink
Next girls up.jpg

I bought a Spider Farmer SF 4000 from Lesso. Never used LEDs before. That fker is bright. Just curious of your thoughts on hanging distance. They don't come with a dimmer but it can be adjusted by removing the ballast and using a screwdriver in the back. But I'm curious how hanging distance at 100%.
Use to all i had to do was use the back of my hand and feel for heat,, but im guessing LEDs or different.

Use to all i had to do was use the back of my hand and feel for heat,, but im guessing LEDs or different.
That's what I do with my LEDs, especially during flower. In veg the lights are so bright they don't have to be very close. I guess that's when dimming them can reduce some power usage, but I only dim them when I can't keep the room or tent cool without turning on the AC.

Thanks brother, that is some good info i will put in my hat. Ive got a learning curve coming with these LEDs. I still haven't got my grow room ready,,so im gathering info on what to expect when I'm ready to rock and roll.
I keep hearing ppl talk about bleaching,, something i have never dealt with using my HOT5s.

The Master is in the house, bow to him. See, it didn't go to my head. but I do come from English Royalty and are founders of the State of Maryland with my family Coat of Arms on the State Flag and my Ravens helmets & jerseys.. So I guess it's '' Lord Master '' to you commoners.. bow to him, bow to the king of refuge. hahaha.

Nice light weedhopper .. and your right, unlike my awesome Mars Hydro TSW-2000 with it's dimmer switch right up front.. the SF requires you to remove the ballast, flip it over and remove a rubber plug that water proofs it.. to access the small phillips screwdriver screw and crank it up to 100% as they have it set on about 80%.. easy enough to do and since these lights last so dang long, it's safe to turn all the way up. But, run it 1st and see if you need to.. they recommend you not messing with their lights so... hmm?

Start out with the light raised as high as you can get it like 4-5ft. as they get used to it bring it down a foot a week for 2wks.. At 2ft your at a good height for starting or vegging early plants.. the closest you ever want it is 18". BUT, my Gabagoo Beast is an inch from my light and although it does show a wee bit of stress, it's handling it better then I thought at 80% power to full.. so as your buds get close to finishing is when I'd bring it closer then 2ft.

Last edited:
Legendary. I love to read from The Master.
Hey Batman, how are things going for you buddy.. and I appreciate you feeding my Eggo, what, oh Ego..
hahaha.
Do you have a grow thread going yet that I can follow and see how your plants are doing? you get your tent setup yet or still running things in your green house. ?

wishing you the best of luck..

Next up in the Mars Hydro tent...

I'll be growing some of Goat & Monkey Genetics and 2 of my newest Auto creations to test them out..

6 - ECSD x White Runtz feminized by G & M

2 - STOMP = Gabagoo by Carty x Sour Stomper by Mephisto.

The seeds by Matt were floated for 24hrs and already had small tails exposed, unheard of.. My 2 STOMP seeds were just cracking open..
Memorial run.jpg

Next up in the Mars Hydro tent...

I'll be growing some of Goat & Monkey Genetics and 2 of my newest Auto creations to test them out..

6 - ECSD x White Runtz feminized by G & M

2 - STOMP = Gabagoo by Carty x Sour Stomper by Mephisto.

The seeds by Matt were floated for 24hrs and already had small tails exposed, unheard of.. My 2 STOMP seeds were just cracking open..
View attachment 316966

all the best on this cycle!

yep , all the G&M seeds i germinated were very vigorous and some popped tails in less than 24 hours

most of the 10 flavors we grew had very thick stalks during the first 45 days which made me happy because they all went outdoors where the wind blows across the prairie , many times in the 40-70 mph all day and night sustained winds..

it is a horrible thing to see what sustained 60 mph winds do to a cannabis garden if they are not healthy and have 500 stakes supporting them

someone has to do it so it may as well be moi 🤡🤡🤡

Latest posts

Back