Carty's New Mars Hydro TSW-2000

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Looking good Carty. Doesn't the Mars Hydro get hot in the grow tent? Happy GrowingView attachment 290204
Carty looking yummy. What is the temp you like to use in a grow tent?

I have beans soaking in pH water. I'll be planting soon. Then I'll see what my lights will do. View attachment 290288

Hey Ness... now I know most commercial growers shoot for lower temps and all, but for those of us on a strict budget this can not always be achieved so easily. Temps are not as important, just keep them under 88, any faster you go thru a time warp. oh crap, that's back to the future. hahaha. but seriously, 88f is about tops. I keep my house at 72f. By drawing in these temps I seem to stay ahead of the hotter temps. Usually running around 82f.
And what you want if possible is a 10 degree difference in day and night temps. so if I run 82f lights on and 72f with lights off, for me that's perfecto..

What's the cost for those lights if you had to buy them?

You do know they are a sponsor on this site. I believe this light is like $269 or there abouts without looking.
And please, since this is a " Mars Hydro " sponsored thread, please don't mention any other lights or products
on this particular thread ok.. I"d sure appreciate everyone... and no WH.. it wasn't you... hahahaha. it was Nessy..

Well looks like I missed to start, green MOJO brother rock that light.

You may be late dude, but you always show up to the party... hehe.

Ladybug and I had a little chat and when I asked her if I should do 2 strains I got " The Look " ... NO. 1 Strain.

Jeez, okay..

Blue Angel @ 6 feminized seedlings..
View attachment 290041View attachment 290042View attachment 290043

It's quite evident my bro over at Goat & Monkey Seeds cannot count. 10 seeds instead of 6. NICE

The new light is otw, should arrive in a few day.. I'll do an unpacking video when it does..
Yes, I have noticed they always "extrafy" your order.

Bubba

Perfect bro... the light is like 20 x 22" and has quite the footprint. the dimmer switch makes it so you can use it in
applications from a 4 x 4 tent on down. Turned down to halfway matches the light it replaced.. just going to 75%
is incredible, all the way up it's like daytime. and it doesn't cook the room..

Hey, I wonder if they'll give me a discount code to use for peeps who visit my thread. Carty10 gets ya 10% off or something eh? I can try.

2 plants have come down.. the runts of course. both have seeds it looks like, so far harvested 10 off plant #1.
These 2 plants I'll most likely gift the seeds away to anyone who wants to test them or goof off.. be good filler
plants, about 1/2oz ea.. little more maybe..

The 4 larger plants I'm shooting for that 1.5oz mark per plant.. they'll be running a few more days easily.. they'd
pull more if I ran less plants..

This light brings out more colors then the light I had before.. cannot wait to do a full grow with it.. this is just a day
or so after a good flushing..
New Light a.jpg
new light c.jpg
Gam 1 thru 4b.jpg
Gam 1.jpg
Gam 1d.jpg
Gam 1e.jpg
Gam 2b.jpg
Gam colors b.jpg

These 4 are at day 54 in these shots... figure this strain will do 60 easily, but if seeds are not breaking thru yet to
fall into the dirt, I'll keep pushing them. I wanna see just how potent they are.

I cut down the 2 little runts mostly for seeds, still, great looking weed..
Gam 5.jpg
Gamhazn nug b (2).jpg

10 viable seeds so far and the hanging plant hasn't even been checked yet. the method I use I usually get
anywhere from 10 to 30 seeds off a plant. this was a very light pollen drop as I wanted more smoke..

Just love starting new babies... 3 days, can always tell when you have good seed stock. Soaked in water less then
24hrs and all sank, some sank within minutes..
2 days later after placing into damp paper towels, inside baggie and then inside an oven mit to keep warm and dark.

Every one of the 6 had 2" tails.. any shorter and your risking the tap root curling and the seedling getting lost on which way is up.. had 2 do this during germination.. what will happen is you place a seedling in with a tiny root just beginning to show, but when you plant it it curves and then has to curve again to go downward... ugh.

Always germinate your seedlings to the point of a 2" minimum tail.. that one more day will make a big difference in your survival percentage..
Blue Angle seeds.jpg

Blue Angel germ'd.jpg

Also wanted to point out my seed sponsor G&M Seeds always includes extra's in his 6pks of seeds, this had 10.
B. Angel seeds (2).jpg

Mars Grow 1 (2).jpg

5 of 6 babies are now up... #6 went MIA. As in, it never showed and I was unable to locate it to check on it..

So, I replaced it with 3 non germinated seeds of Irene x White Runtz hoping at least 1 would pop up soon by
just watering the soil and keeping them moist.. fingers crossed..

mh light half way up.jpg

Latest posts

Back