Carty's New Mars Hydro TSW-2000

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Time to lower the light a bit...
tent 2 c (2).jpg
tent 2 a (2).jpg
BA #2 (2).jpg

Just might need to upgrade my exhaust fan to something with a speed control switch so I can dial it in.. I'm pretty
sure Mars Hydro carries things such as that, so off to see what they got and can do for me..

Looks like 1 of the Irene x White Runtz is beginning to push it's way thru the dirt.. remember, no germination done on the 3 seeds I put down of it to do a true out in the wild test.. seeds fall to the ground, ground usually freezes.. soon as ground stays above 55f seeds slowly awaken, it rains, seed stays wet for days in a row and BAM... nature finds a way.

I wanted to point out a big big advantage of this light and one of it's features..

Take a look at the photo and see all the extra wiring bundled up on top of the light.. this allows you to remove the
ballasts and on/off with dimmer switch all outside the tent to reduce heat. Not attempting to sell you this feature
down the road as some might.. nice. summer I might be using it... lol
mhl f...jpg

. remember, no germination done on the 3 seeds I put down of it to do a true out in the wild test.. seeds fall to the ground, ground usually freezes.. soon as ground stays above 55f seeds slowly awaken, it rains, seed stays wet for days in a row and BAM... nature finds a way.
I put one of your Gabagoo in dirt Wednesday late. Waiting to see if she likes mother natures way.
I do that a lot and usually have pretty good results.
Gonna grow her outside instead of waiting to setup my grow room. She will be in a pot where I can move her if needed.

I put one of your Gabagoo in dirt Wednesday late. Waiting to see if she likes mother natures way.
I do that a lot and usually have pretty good results.
Gonna grow her outside instead of waiting to setup my grow room. She will be in a pot where I can move her if needed.

Just did that with 3 Irene x White Runtz to see this in the morning check..
Irene fem's (2).jpg

The others are a few days old and coming along nicely under this new light.
Irene fem's (2).jpg
watering day (2).jpg

Time for that 1 week update.

I can see a nice difference in the vegetative growth of this new light. And having the dimmer switch is such a blessing, instead of raising and lowering light as often, I can simply adjust the strength if need be.

At a week old the 5 Blue Angle photo periods from Goat & Monkey are performing well and very uniform..

The 3 Irene x White Runtz in 1 pot, hmmm? what to do. lol

week plus.jpg
week old.jpg
mh grow.jpg

Don't forget your additives...
mikro myco.jpg key to uptake.jpg great additive, zyme.jpg

plus base foods of choice.. I start to feed at end of week 1 at 1/4 strength

Blue Angel few days ago... much bigger today.. I've done my little trick recently where I remove the Cotyledon, aka round leaf, and the first single bladed leaf. IMHO this helps promote upward growth in the plant as it can now concentrate more energies on reaching for light.. seems to work as I'll show you updates in a few days.

Blue Angels and Irene.jpg

Plant #2 is almost always my favorite plant... weird.
Blue Angel #2 (2).jpg

Plants seemed to be looking a little pale so I gave them all a nice big shot of Surge by Roots Organics.
Blue Angels.jpg

I had all 3 testers pop up of the Irene x White Runtz, plucked the center plant to give them room
Irene x WR removed center one.jpg

mh grow.jpg

Loving the dimmer switch.. I turn lights down a little bit about an hour before lights off.. then back up a
few after lights on.. lol

Looking good brother.
I dropped another Gabagoo a few days ago. Waiting to see the head pop thru the soil.
The other Gabagoo is looking good so far.
Also dropped 2 zkittle Autos that was gifted to me.

I wanted to point out a big big advantage of this light and one of it's features..

Take a look at the photo and see all the extra wiring bundled up on top of the light.. this allows you to remove the
ballasts and on/off with dimmer switch all outside the tent to reduce heat. Not attempting to sell you this feature
down the road as some might.. nice. summer I might be using it... lolView attachment 291166

I've held them in my hands with the lights on max. They're warm, but not uncomfortably so. If they were, I would say they were under powered for the 300W task (150W each). All the real heat seems to come from the LEDs themselves. As much as I like these lights, I would have preferred an option for wiring like the picture they put in their Amazon ad.

81WQkJHiNbL._AC_SL1500_.jpg

Thank you everyone... Yeah, gotta love how they daisy chain these lights with a data cord that is like a phone cord eh?
cleans things up nicely.

Hey Weedhopper... I'm hoping someone steps up and makes some Gabagoo seeds.. hoping Argo will.. I'm down to
just 5 again... lol. gifted them all out to friends.. muwahahaha.

Things are moving along great.
Blue Angel update.jpg

My favy #2
blue angel 2.jpg

I have never made seeds in my life. You will have to give me some pointers. Fraid Ive never allowed males to live long enough to pollinate my girls.

Can teach you a cool method I only use in autos. Just did it, wound up with 60 seeds off 6 plants. So you don't lose your crop to seeds, yet give yourself more seed stock.. fairly simple..
All about watching the male daily after he shows sex. They begin to swell, start to droop, so daily checks important.
By this time, females have shown sex. Yet few hairs are exposed to collect pollen.
When male opens 5 or 6 calyx and dump pollen, cut him, shake over favorite lady, kill him.. walla. See, because of timing and limited hairs, seed production is at a min...

Well my Gabagoo# 1 is looking good. It's almost 2 weeks from seed.
Gabagoo #2, I planted 3 days ago is trying to pop it's head up. And one of the 2 zkittle Autos I planted head is up and getting started. The other is trying to poke its head up.
100% germination rate. Good ole mother natures way. 😁

Latest posts

Back