Carty's New Mars Hydro TSW-2000

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Skittles seeded with Mr Magoo 😁

IMG_20220707_185605691.jpg
IMG_20220707_185617839.jpg
IMG_20220707_185638089.jpg

Nice nice nice.... what ya gonna call this mix... Skittlez Magoo hehe.

Way to go brother.. your having some fun now. Wait until you see the seeds pushing their way out of the pods or calyx or bract.. dem round thangs.. once they begin splitting and you see a brown seed pushing it's way out, chop dat plant.... keep ya from losing seeds into the soil if they drop... it's natures way.
Let the plant dry thoroughly and walla, the fun begins.

As you harvest the seeds.. spread them out on a plate or a tray and just let them air cure for 2 days....

If a seed looks off color, not fully developed.. give them the old finger test.. apply slight pressure to the seed and if it's good it will be fine. If not, it will crack.. saves you from using or passing them out.. yeah,
try doing this with a 1000 seeds... lol

luck bro

Awesome. This is my first time doing this. I have never made seeds in my life. How long does it normally take because the plant is at about 15 weeks from seed. Leaves are turning yellow. Still looks good though.
And yep,, I think Skittles Magoo is perfect.😁

I looked back at my recent seeding experiment. From pollinating to having mature, brown seeds was about 4 weeks. Most bracts at that time were still not split open. The seeds have slowly (nearly) all matured by 8 weeks but my grow conditions were not pleasant for the plants. As carty said, waiting until they split open and you can see brown in the split ensures the seeds aren’t just soft and green.

6wks bro... I always run mine a min of 6wks from pollenating. I've done a lot of research on this and to get
good mature seeds it's the basic timing. some go 7. Autos are a different animal though and at 6wks they
begin to split the bracts open and fall.. lost of few and they actually sprouted before harvest.. lol.

Timing is everything, you want the pregnant female to be able to pass along as much genetic material as she can and premature seeds are like premature kids.. they look ok, seem normal, but little Johnny has a
heart problem, little Karen has weak bones.. kinda of like weak stems.. not trying to be mean but just a
little comparison ..

I've even come up with a technique to recognize female seeds... hehe

Zkittles was way ahead of the Male Mr Magoo. That's what has me concerned. I pollinated her after she was already at about 14 weeks. So this is going to be interesting seeing how long she can do her thing.
IMG_20220707_185617839.jpg

Yup, it's all about looking under that skirt... hahahaha.

Well well well... seems it's time for a nice update here. I really need to take the time to give a big shout out to Mars Hydro. this light is changing everything for me, the penetration vs the other light isn't comparable as I now get buds much larger and more throughout the plant for better yields..

Let's cover them in order of harvesting ...

Berserker Auto - Forgotten Cookies x Grape Dosi Breath at day #55
remember I double pottted this one as an experiment, was so cool to see to different phenoytpes grow in 1 pot and I'm amazed at their sizes.. I'll gladly recommend his genetics to anyone..

Berserker x 2.jpg
budskie.jpg
2 in a 2gal felt pot.jpg
D 55 #2 d.jpg
D 55 #2.jpg
day 55.jpg

Gabagoo 2 is a lemon pheno of my Gabagoo.. she is a beast and one of the fruitiest strains ever.. her aroma is unreal. I've reached out to my buddy Argo of Argo's Gardens to do a seed run for me of this Keeper Auto I created back in 2005. she's been on the back burner to long, well tested by him in Colorado with a big following..

Here she is at day #55 putting her weight on and at milky trichomes she's a solid 65 day strain
Gabagoo is perfect SOG strain.jpg
Gabagoo 2 day 55a.jpg
Gabagoo 2 55 days from seed (2).jpg

Silly Rabbit is a few weeks behind the other 2, but what a frosty beauty.. my good buddy Dr Gonzo created it by mixing some Mephisto Genetics ...

Silly Rabbit fatening up.jpg
silly rabbit stacking up.jpg
Silly Rabbit chunking up.jpg

And the next group of ladies are being prepped.. I was going to attempt a SOG run but it was to much watering for our disabled bodies to pull off atm. especially with me facing hip replacement..

Trizzler F2 @ 6 plants. started with 8 and culled 2.
Trizzler #1.jpg
Trizzler #3 at 3wks.jpg
Trizzler #4 at 3wks old.jpg
Trizzler #6 3wks old.jpg

#7 will be the first time I've ever topped an auto.. she began bushing out immediately... she was up potted just 3 days ago..
Trizzler #7.jpg
Trizzler #7 was topped.jpg
Trizzler f2 3wks old.jpg

It's pretty cool when a company asks you to test their new light and quite an honor. Maybe they seen my bud production and new it could be improved upon.. a lot. lol.

OTW soon is a TSW-2000 LED grow light assembly from Mars Hydro which will upgrade my current light to almost twice the power.

View attachment 289463View attachment 289464View attachment 289465View attachment 289466View attachment 289467

The most convenient feature of this new light is the dimmer switch
View attachment 289468
made easily accessible. which gives me the ability to slowly get used to this stronger light.. but you know I'm gonna
max it out during flower huh? hehe.

I'd like to make this very 1st grow with this light something that stands out, so the question is, do I grow Autos or break out 6 feminized photo periods, which I now have some elite
genetics to choose from.

So, I'm going to put up a list to see what you people would like me to run ok...

Autos Feminized
Gambian F7 Auto by Rollit
Blueberry F2 by Alaskagrown

Goat & Monkey Seeds Feminized photo periods
Probation Violation (Dawgs Waltz x Triangle Kush)
Blue Angel (Hells Angel OG x Blueberry Indica)
Blue Triangle (Blue Dream x Triangle Kush)
.......... few more on the way to choose from ..........
Hoping for, BomminGranny & Dubble Trouble

I'm truly leaning towards running some photo periods on this 1st run. 6 feminized seeds in 2gal felt pots be a nice start.

The new light will be replacing 3 lights I currently run in my larger tent. Going to make life much easier for this handicapped man..

From unpacking the new light when it arrives to hanging it up and maybe even finishing the current grow under it if it arrives soon.. this is gonna be fun so stay tuned for an in
depth look into this new light..

hey Carty , my lazy azz does not want to read through your Thread but can you tell me if the led light is working for your plants?

are your electric bills cheaper?

would you recommend these lights?

I want to upgrade and get away from these t6’s for two reasons:

1. cut down on my electric bill
2. cut down on the heat

last question , can the same fixture be used to veg and flower?

gracias!

Hey buddy.... LED's rock, just stay away from the Blurple ones and go daylight spectrum..

Find something you like I can probably get you 10% off..

Power bill compared to HPS of MH is huge difference. heat even more so.. my plants can grow right up and into the light without burning.. most have dimmer switches now too..

and yes on final question... same light start to finish.. with LED's it's all about the mix of spectrum in the lights. you can see it has whites and a mix of reds, blues and even a UV light for finishing..

Just did my first full run with good soil using this light.. Silly Rabbit @ day #45
silly rabbit stacking up.jpg

Carty l love and enjoy your picture and all are looking beautiful.

Hello gang I'm just caughting up with Carty and read your concern on me missing in action. I missed all of you while I was gone. My computer was down. Happy to say I'm back.🥰

No, that was from before I should of been clearer. Computer is fine but I'm still worried about my hard drive because of the repair guy that said it was dead I afraid it might die anytime.

Just back up all your files and settings on a thumb drive. Personally I think the guy is full of shit. There are programs you can use to check hard drive health.

Latest posts

Back