Carty's New Mars Hydro TSW-2000

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hey everyone...
I'm fresh out of the hospital since Sat am... my right hip has been replaced and my bionics are coming along fine.. muwahaha. my right leg is straight again, Dr said it was the most difficult hip he's ever done..
my pelvis was actually tilted and he performed miracles. Pain was pretty bad first 2 days but now it's down
to about where it was before surgery.. I think dealing with that chronic pain for the past 5yrs is making this a little more tolerable..

View attachment 306210

33 Staples in total, even with the 60lbs of weight loss, I'm still a big dude.. and the more research I did regarding hip replacement, the more it said, scar size depends on person size and my hip being so bad he needed room to get it in properly.. so I'm okay with that..

I may not post quite as much for a bit ok.. but I'll try weekly ok..
I take it your bikini modeling career is over? 😁

Carty when do you get the Left Hip done. After all the healing you be up and run in no time.

Good night to all.

Well, sorry for the absence but needed some time to heal up.. but thank you ALL for the love and healing vibes..

Update: It's Day 11 and been off pain meds for 4 days, hip feels freaken awesome. All the pain is gone from before.. my hip was so bad he had to really open me up to tilt my pelvis and get my hip aligned properly.. right leg is straight and feels great. I get the 33 staples out tomorrow and hoping to get approved to start swimming again. I've lost 61lbs but would like to lose another 45 or so.. I look good at 225..

Plants are doing great..

The Trizzler F2 plants are incredible.. I wound up with 2 Indica dom ladies who came down day 50 & 55.
The other 2 are Sativa dom and have a ways to go yet.. probably going to be closer to 65 or 70.

Trizzler f2 #1 (2).jpg
Trizzler #2.jpg
Trizzler F2 day #58 (2).jpg
Trizzler under SF1000 (2).jpg
t #2c (2).jpg
Trizzler F2 #2 (2).jpg

I put the Trizzler plants into the small tent and now the Cheese Off is in the big tent under the Mars Hydro..

I topped these plants in veg, a first for me.. curious to see how they turn out..

Mephisto plants
Mephisto 2.jpg

Mephisto 1 (2).jpg
Mephisto 2b (2).jpg

Plants by Repins12
Repins 1 (2).jpg
Repins 2 (2).jpg

I'll slowly be lowering the light as they get used to the double strength of tent #1..
lowering MH light (2).jpg

Let the Cheese Off flowering begin.... hehe.

Up next is a Ladybug vs Carty grow off... we both selected strains, made the mistake of ladies 1st and she chose one of my picks.. we also decided to go with a Halloween theme as that is when they'll be in flower..

Do you top your plants Carty?
I will from now on.. last grow I topped one in flower and it did pretty good. so this time decided to do it correct in veg instead. so Ladybug topped 3 and I FIM cut 1. Her plants look better. I'm going for 6 to 8 shoots each plant, remove everything else. depending on plant growth, week 2 or 3..
Yes I was wondering that too since it sounded like the first time he topped them.
Yup... pretty much 1st time trying it correctly and I must say, I love the results. it works well when running 4 to 5 plants in 1 tent. If I was running 3, I'd probably tie them over..

I'm also buying some 3gal felt pots, tall 11.5" pots, allows me to run 4 plants without them touching so the felt can breath as designed.

These Triangle Kush x Watermelon Zkittles are incredible. 2 came down at day #55, Indica dom. Have 2 still going on at day #63, Sativa dom.. have a bit to go yet.
Last 2 fattening up.jpg

#2 day 63.jpg

day #63.jpg

#2 63 days in flower.jpg

These photos were not put thru my program to clean up the lighting... ooops.

Halloween Grow Off

Ladybug and I decided to have some fun and do a spooky grow off for Halloween.. Starting these now it will be close, but they will be in full flower by then..

I made the mistake of letting Ladies go 1st and she chose 1 of my strains.. hey, girls got good taste and 20yrs exp

Ladybugs Choices
Ladybugs Choice vs Carty.jpg

Carty's Choices
Carty's Choice vs Ladybug.jpg

Extra I'm adding for pain relief, my very 1st CBD plant, thank you Ian from Weedseedsexpress..
Next up.jpg

These are all feminized Autos and will be going into water tonight in hopes they pop on the 1st...

Strawberry Fields organic mushroom compost will be the medium I use on this grow...

A slight adjustment, thank you Dr Gonzo for spotting my mistake.

Lennon Skywalker x Ghost Triangle Kush is a photo period.. so Ladybug had to choose another..

Drum roll................ Black & Blue Jack by JP. she gave it a nickname.. Black Jack Shilack... anybody guess where
she gets if from? no googling...

starter foods.jpg

the water soak.jpg

Back left was replaced by Black & Blue Jack by JP..
The Golden Boo grow.jpg

Ladybugs #1 pick.. talk about nice genetics.. (Ghost Rose x Cookie Devil) look them up.. she beat me to this one... lol
Dark Spark is Ladybugs 1st choice.jpg

Playing for the Golden Boo Award... to be decided by you people Halloween night as these plants should be 60 days in on that day....

I haven’t crossed paths with Black Jack Shillack since I was a a pint sized fogey watching Bugs Bunny on Saturday morning. Bugs was an pioneer in the eco-warrior movement… ;)

I haven’t crossed paths with Black Jack Shillack since I was a a pint sized fogey watching Bugs Bunny on Saturday morning. Bugs was an pioneer in the eco-warrior movement… ;)
For the Win.... yup, grew up on Looney Tunes, Bugs, Road Runner etc.. my wife loves Black Jock Shilock, as he would pronounce it. hehe. thanks for playing along.

We have babies... births spread out 9/2 for the first to pop up, Arachnid Pie.. all the others cept BJS mentioned above born on 9/3, it was born last 9/4...

Babies born Sept 2nd.jpg

AP few days old.jpg

BBJ few days old.jpg

Cevil few  days old.jpg

CBD express few days old.jpg

It's pretty cool when a company asks you to test their new light and quite an honor. Maybe they seen my bud production and new it could be improved upon.. a lot. lol.

OTW soon is a TSW-2000 LED grow light assembly from Mars Hydro which will upgrade my current light to almost twice the power.

View attachment 289463View attachment 289464View attachment 289465View attachment 289466View attachment 289467

The most convenient feature of this new light is the dimmer switch
View attachment 289468
made easily accessible. which gives me the ability to slowly get used to this stronger light.. but you know I'm gonna
max it out during flower huh? hehe.

I'd like to make this very 1st grow with this light something that stands out, so the question is, do I grow Autos or break out 6 feminized photo periods, which I now have some elite
genetics to choose from.

So, I'm going to put up a list to see what you people would like me to run ok...

Autos Feminized
Gambian F7 Auto by Rollit
Blueberry F2 by Alaskagrown

Goat & Monkey Seeds Feminized photo periods
Probation Violation (Dawgs Waltz x Triangle Kush)
Blue Angel (Hells Angel OG x Blueberry Indica)
Blue Triangle (Blue Dream x Triangle Kush)
.......... few more on the way to choose from ..........
Hoping for, BomminGranny & Dubble Trouble

I'm truly leaning towards running some photo periods on this 1st run. 6 feminized seeds in 2gal felt pots be a nice start.

The new light will be replacing 3 lights I currently run in my larger tent. Going to make life much easier for this handicapped man..

From unpacking the new light when it arrives to hanging it up and maybe even finishing the current grow under it if it arrives soon.. this is gonna be fun so stay tuned for an in
depth look into this new light..
Way cool

Thanks Josey... and their timing was perfect too. Now I can run my smaller Spider Farmer SF1000 in the smaller tent... nice to have that dimmer switch and a much stronger light for flowering bigger plants out..

The Cheese Off is going pretty dang good, just been way underwatering I think.. grrrr.

The aroma off this Mephisto cross of Canna Cheese (CBD 1:1) strain x CDLC
2 Mephisto Canna Cheese x CDLC (2).jpg

Then the 2 Repins12 crosses of Widow Berry Cheesecake.. topped both and talk about prolific budsites..
R1 (2).jpg

R2 (2).jpg

As you can see, it's difficult to keep different strains dialed in, 2 days away from a feeding and these big ladies are already asking for foods..

Latest posts

Back