Carty's New Mars Hydro TSW-2000

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
New babies to replace 2wk old babies... hahaha.. bad soil burn baby.. haha. so I started over because Carty don't
play with no stunted plants and as we all know, the 1st 2wks of a plants life dictates so much of it's growth characteristics... so when you have planty of seeds, start over people.. sometimes ya just gotta know when to walk away..

So, the Halloween Spook Off is, well, Off.... instead, I got mad and put down 8 feminized seedlings, all 8 popped up.

I also went back to starting babies in 1gal pots.. here's what is what in my Auto world atm..
2 - Fem'd Marathon OG by Berserker Seeds
2 - Fem'd Sour Crack x Blackstrap
4 - Fem'd Black Cream

Top 4 were born yesterday, the 16th... the 4 Black Cream pushing up tonight quite well.. so th 17th..
8 Feminized Autos.jpg

2 Marathon OG born Sept 16.jpg

2 Sour Crack x Blackstrap born Sept 16.jpg

Pulling up a chair brother.
I can always count on you bro.... to many just want to click like these days. but that's ok too..

Things are coming along so much better since the restart.. Starting some new foods that just arrived, going non organic for 1st time in years really.... top rated ph perfect 3part.. let's see if changes are for the good....

Update soon

The flowering girls.... 1 that was not topped came down, the 3 topped plants were retarded by at least 2wks by topping them, plus, my mistake of underwatering hasn't helped the situation one bit... grrrrr...

Repins12's creation of Widow Berry Cheesecake

Repins 2  line of sight done.jpg

R2 (2).jpg

Mephisto Canna Cheese x Crem de la Chem
Mephisto 1.jpg

Her sister already chopped down
mEPHisto Cheese.jpg

Mephisto Canna Cheese x CDLC.jpg

I am giving the AN pH perfect nutes a try now my self. My take after about 6 weeks after going by their feeding chart(equal amounts of all 3 from veg thru harvest) has given me nute burn. The plants(my Freakshow plants) turned a nice dark green after about a week after being light green for most of their lives. I think backing off a bit on the grow nute is needed during flower(which makes sense but doesn’t jibe with their feeding chart). One of the Freaks was dark green and shiny which I believe also indicates nitrogen toxicity and it’s pistils are even greenish. I am not being very scientific since I don’t have a controlled environment(outdoor grow of a new strain and one ‘planting’ where I have 6 plants in a one gallon pot-yep, you read that right) and I changed back to Roots Organics Green Lite soil mid-veg for the Freaks. Just something of an observation. BTW-my 6-plant-in-a-pot grow is starting to show signs of potassium deficiency but they are root bound terribly.

I can always count on you bro.... to many just want to click like these days. but that's ok too..

Things are coming along so much better since the restart.. Starting some new foods that just arrived, going non organic for 1st time in years really.... top rated ph perfect 3part.. let's see if changes are for the good....

Update soon

The flowering girls.... 1 that was not topped came down, the 3 topped plants were retarded by at least 2wks by topping them, plus, my mistake of underwatering hasn't helped the situation one bit... grrrrr...

Repins12's creation of Widow Berry Cheesecake

View attachment 309420
View attachment 309421

Mephisto Canna Cheese x Crem de la Chem
View attachment 309422

Her sister already chopped down
View attachment 309423
View attachment 309424
Those ladies are looking gorgeous 😍. Nice work Carty

Sorry for my absence lately everyone.. been crazy hectic and I still cannot get my sleep patterns under control. Hip pain no longer keeping me awake at night but I still, grrrrr. maybe it's because I go for hip
replacement #2 in a week that's on my mind. Next Friday.

okay, nuff boohooo'n.. pitty party to be continued after surgery... muwahahaha

The Cheese Off is over and a winner has been declared. Repins12 gear for the WIN. All I can say is, if your lucky enough to posses seeds created by this brother, PLANT THEM sucka's.. his Widow Berry Cheesecake turned out to be a beast and both could of done 30% better easily having been slightly neglected.

Here they are in their final photo appearance, yeah I'm bad... before last nights chop..
WBC D (2).jpg

Plant #1 was trimmed up pretty nice so I could place them buds on a rack to dry.

#1 cut down (2).jpg
#1 fat head buds (2).jpg
#1 bud to dry (2).jpg

Plant #2 was left to dry untrimmed and hanging inside small tent..
Bowl of plant #2 (2).jpg

Mephisto's Cheese cross was no slouch btw.. super tight buds, super frosty and never a let down with their seeds.. I can see why many choose to use it in their own crosses as a base strain like their 24ct.

Mephisto head (2).jpg
M2 trimmed up nicely (2).jpg
Mephisto  buds drying.jpg
M2 last feeding.jpg
Mephisto cheese buds are so frosty.jpg

And the new baby girls are looking nice. 4 up potted few days ago and 1 tonight.. hate running out of soil..
lol. Still need to go get a bag as I ran a wee bit short.. but she'll be fine.

Mars Hydro TS 2000.jpg

Sexing at week 3.jpg

Sour Crack 1 3wks.jpg
Sour Crack 2 3wks old.jpg

K.I.S.S. feeding methods. Going back to basics, and trying to push the plants a little better so switched off organics for a few grows to compare..

3 part base... Lotus powder Calmag, dry nutrients go so much further, thinking of trying more of their foods.. Lotus Nutrients.. anyone else use this..???

Other then what you see I add a little Silica each feeding and soon will be reintroducing Myko or something like it as I noticed a big big drop off in root development without my free sample..
and a Bud Booster for blooming at wk 4 and 6.
KISS method.jpg

Super cropping... I read about this years ago in Soma's Organic grow book. however, I was recently loaned a very old grow book along with Cannabible 3, Book of Buds 2 & 3 and this grow book..
The way it explained Super Cropping was a little different and more abrasive.. so lets try it. lol.

Okay, SC is described as pinching your main stem and or branches... taking the pinching a bit further it
says to "while pinching it lightly" roll the branch 90 degree left, back to center, 90 degree right. says that
it tears the inner branching just enough to where the plants reaction is to attend to the branch by sending
it energy etc.... I had 1 branch that bent over, but within 24 hours was curved and reaching upwards..

Supercropped.jpg
Supercropping done correctly.jpg

2 days later
Reacting well to SC.jpg

Sour Crack #2 also Super Cropped
Sour Crack A.jpg

Few days after
Beautiful plant.jpg

2 Black Cream in 1 pot.. 3gal felt 10" tall...
Black Cream twins 3wks old.jpg

Marathon OG.. not my favorite plant really...but, sometimes they surprise ya in the end.. dang OG's.. lol
I tucked the upper leafs down out of the way...
Marathon OG leaf tucked.jpg

Doing well, not sure when next update will be.. having surgery Friday..
Pretty good growth though for around 3wks old... I think the 17th will be a month... until next time

Carty

Attachments

• 4 Keepers.jpg
    4 Keepers.jpg
    218.2 KB · Views: 0
Beautiful plants Carty! You mentioned wanting to get more root development in your post on Friday. Have you tried Seaweed or Kelp extract? It has a significant impact on root development. I’ve had luck with Maxicrop Seaweed in veg which is a relatively cheap supplement, but there’s a lot of seaweed and kelp additives to choose from. I don’t use it in flower, but it might have benefits there too. I use it with seed sprouting and foliar feeding seedlings too.

Here’s a great article explaining why seaweed is a “superfood” for cannabis
https://essencevegas.com/blog/seawe...a great fertilizer,really amp up soil health.
Good luck with your surgery on Friday.

I look forward to following along with your grow.

Hope your recovery is quick, carty. Nice plants. Take care.

I actually ran out of my free sample of Mychos which really develops roots.. but I think your right, that in conjunction with what your recommending is used highly. I'm in the process of finding a new nutrient family.. tired of chasing the next best thing.. and after a buddy of mine got a job at a hydro store and met all the reps... he says to switch to dry nutes... big explanation as to why too... lol. so I am.

Lotus Nutrients has caught my eye, trying them out as I run out of my others...

24hrs of growth...
Sour Crack the next day (2).jpg

peace

Super cropping... I read about this years ago in Soma's Organic grow book. however, I was recently loaned a very old grow book along with Cannabible 3, Book of Buds 2 & 3 and this grow book..
The way it explained Super Cropping was a little different and more abrasive.. so lets try it. lol.

Okay, SC is described as pinching your main stem and or branches... taking the pinching a bit further it
says to "while pinching it lightly" roll the branch 90 degree left, back to center, 90 degree right. says that
it tears the inner branching just enough to where the plants reaction is to attend to the branch by sending
it energy etc.... I had 1 branch that bent over, but within 24 hours was curved and reaching upwards..

View attachment 310827View attachment 310828

2 days later
View attachment 310829

Sour Crack #2 also Super Cropped
View attachment 310831
Few days after
View attachment 310830

2 Black Cream in 1 pot.. 3gal felt 10" tall...
View attachment 310832

Marathon OG.. not my favorite plant really...but, sometimes they surprise ya in the end.. dang OG's.. lol
I tucked the upper leafs down out of the way...
View attachment 310833

Doing well, not sure when next update will be.. having surgery Friday..
Pretty good growth though for around 3wks old... I think the 17th will be a month... until next time

Carty
I super crop my plants, and I'm not gentle about it. I do it by pinching stalk until I feel it Crush under my fingers and then bend and twist. It's brutal and you would swear that these branches would die but they recover within a few days. I find that the bending and twisting works better, bending alone doesn't seem to do enough damage and the plants want to stand back up.
20221013_071356.jpg

Exactly what this book says to and what I was doing wrong.. I was just pinching them and feeling that little
pop and was done. but the book says to hold the pinch while rotating the stem 90 degrees left, and then
again to the right.. It specifically says to damage the inner stalk.. LIKE YOUR DOING.
Just goes to show you we can all learn from each other.. and feel free to post up on my auto threads just
for that reason.. sharing knowledge brother..

Here are mine about 10 days after..

Marathon OG was only pinched..
Marathon OG B @ 31 Days.jpg

Black Cream twins in 1 pot..
Blk Crm girls 33 days.jpg

Sour Crack A
Sour Crack day 33.jpg

Sour Crack girls few days ago
Sour Crack 33 days.jpg

The Mars Hydro light is just killing it... thank you Ian for hooking me up
Mars Hydro rocking it at 31 days.jpg

Time to give this Mars Hydro a good update... this light is incredible and results don't lie. My grow is only
41 days from seed and the plants are more advanced then usual.. Let's take a peek inside the tent ok..

41 Days Mars Hydro.jpg

41 Days.jpg

Anything you can do to increase your air flow, will increase your bud production like crazy.. I have 2 of
these little fans going plus on the floor is a small PC fan with a speed control switch I use to move lower air around..
Air flow air flow air flow people.jpg

Black Cream 19 Days ago... and today.
Black Cream x 2.jpg....Black Cream 19 days later.jpg

BC41days.jpg
BC41b (2).jpg

Marathon OG is a super frosty Auto by Berserker.. a grower/breeder so honest his seed pack says,..
Reproduced by Berserker. These plants grow like an old favy, LBL by Loran. both are OG so makes
sense.. I've got the tall lanky pheno and a shorter bushier one.. let's take a peek.

MOG41 side by side.jpg
MarathonOG41 days.jpg

MOG41 #2.jpg

Latest posts

Back