Carty's New Mars Hydro TSW-2000

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Happy birthday Carty. I will be 50 next month.

Tonight I started my Birthday grow... 3 days ago I dropped the seeds into clean water with 2 drops of Hydrogen Peroxide... I floated them, no stirring to sink to bottom.. after 3 days they all had tails..

I planted 1 Peanut Butter Haze into a 2gal felt pot it will finish in.. the other in a 1gal pot to get up potted..

The Obamanator 2011 High Times cup winner fem is also in a 1gal pot until ready to up pot..

MG soil with chunky perlite added, Mychorrizae added along with Diatomaceous earth food grade to
battle fungus gnats.. all are watered in and ready to go..

good night all

You mixed the DE right into the dirt?
I didn’t think it would work if it got wet.

You mixed the DE right into the dirt?
I didn’t think it would work if it got wet.
DE is a source of Silica. It isn’t a great source but it will become available slowly to the root zone. I noticed my basement Freaks had really ‘rubbery’ stems(because I didn’t have good airflow to strengthen the stems) and I mixed some DE into a couple of feedings and the stems did get stronger. Could be coincidental but I tried it after reading that it was a source of silica and that silica strengthened cell walls(among other benefits like resistance to pathogens).

DE is a source of Silica. It isn’t a great source but it will become available slowly to the root zone. I noticed my basement Freaks had really ‘rubbery’ stems(because I didn’t have good airflow to strengthen the stems) and I mixed some DE into a couple of feedings and the stems did get stronger. Could be coincidental but I tried it after reading that it was a source of silica and that silica strengthened cell walls(among other benefits like resistance to pathogens).
Yeah, but Carty is using it to combat fungus gnats. I didn’t think it worked on bugs after it was wet?

That is my understanding too. Sorry, I musta been buzz posting. It happens…😁
My first time using it... my friend who's grown since age 11 swears by it for controlling fungus gnats, killing the larvae. So, for the price of it thought I'd try it vs using poisons.. gotta be sure to by the Food Grade..

Silica does help a plant strengthen it's cell walls which in turn makes it more difficult for pests to penetrate and suck out the yummy stuff they like. I was using silica additive before that and I noticed huge thick hollow stems.. sweet.

What I did on this run was I mixed in the DT powder a few days early and allowed the pots to sit dry for 3 days while the seeds germinated.. next time I'll do this earlier. So then I watered the soil in, added more to level things out, watered the new seedling in... after the top surface dried. I added DT to the top layer...

I'm very new to this, so any tips or NO NO's I sure appreciate it.. she never mentioned using it dry only so I'll have to reach out to her tonight and see... and yeah, I said HER. Lady Zandra started teaching me to grow back on Planet Skunk in 2003. Ran into her and Draig again and we're great friends again doing a Celtic Stone preservation project together almost done..

Birthday Grow started June 8th.jpg

My first time using it... my friend who's grown since age 11 swears by it for controlling fungus gnats, killing the larvae. So, for the price of it thought I'd try it vs using poisons.. gotta be sure to by the Food Grade..

Silica does help a plant strengthen it's cell walls which in turn makes it more difficult for pests to penetrate and suck out the yummy stuff they like. I was using silica additive before that and I noticed huge thick hollow stems.. sweet.

What I did on this run was I mixed in the DT powder a few days early and allowed the pots to sit dry for 3 days while the seeds germinated.. next time I'll do this earlier. So then I watered the soil in, added more to level things out, watered the new seedling in... after the top surface dried. I added DT to the top layer...

I'm very new to this, so any tips or NO NO's I sure appreciate it.. she never mentioned using it dry only so I'll have to reach out to her tonight and see... and yeah, I said HER. Lady Zandra started teaching me to grow back on Planet Skunk in 2003. Ran into her and Draig again and we're great friends again doing a Celtic Stone preservation project together almost done..

View attachment 330670
I bought a 5 lb bag of food grade DE probably 10 years ago. I still have maybe a lb. Dry it does kill bugs. I use it on my rose plants. Aphids go bye-bye in a day. I have an old salsa jar I put some gauze over the top of. It lets me sprinkle a thin dusting over the plants. I think I was buzzed when I thought I would try putting it in the nute water because the stems on my freak plants were like licorice. After a couple feedings, they were closer to normal. As I said, could be coincidental. I just figure it can’t hurt. I think pute uses some liquid silica(others too but I forget who all does). DE is dirt cheap( cheaper actually) so why not. Sorry I don’t have a guaranteed to work solution but I hope Lady Zandra has a tried and true solution. Please share her knowledge. Good grown 50 years ago by folks using knowledge passed on for generations was more nutritious and flavorful. Ancient solutions are a lot of times best.

Yeah, even though it's food grade some cautions still need to be taken like wearing a mask indoors when using it.. some say to use a old style mustard container to put some in and use it like a squeeze bottle.. I think that would work awesome because I use felt pots and most of the pests come up the sides when soil begins drying and pulls away from the pots edge slightly..

Be perfect for squeezing down into the edging..

Says to use it dry when possible, works best at killing the bugs... do not mix more then 1/4 cup per gal of soil.. I used way less..

Silica has many advantages in your soil.. it slowly strengthens the cell wall of the stem making it more difficult for the pests to penetrate and do damage.. Silica is found natural outdoors so needs to be added to indoor soils... just helps the plant fight off pests and pathogens..

We have babies.. Peanut Butter Haze fem is up and running in her 2gal felt pot.. #2 is in a 1gal pot and probably be up in the am.. Obamanator is up and I did find out from the donor that it is not feminized.. so if a male I may just collect pollen from this 2011 High Times Cup Winner...

2 of the Auto fems are up, just a few more to go....

Birthday Grow started June 8th.jpg

1 of the Purple Lot Lizard Auto's grew upside down, exposed it's tap root and dried up... so it was culled.
The other 4 are up and running and look unique..

PLL 1.jpg

I replaced the culled Auto with a photo period of BOG's Lifesaver. now, I know Motarebel made Lifesaver, I was test growing for him when he did.. was the only strain he approved of after just one crossing.. stuff was so good he stated, boy, that's a Lifesaver.. walla. and it is very good..

Obamanator 2011 HT Cup Winner.. is up and green, but found out it is not fem'd but reg photo period.
Obamanator photo reg.jpg

Peanut Butter Haze fem'd photo period.
PBH 1.jpg

PBH 1 b.jpg

Babies.... um. My dog ate my homework...

Seriously, Mongo knew somehow Obama was in our house and he said, I don't think so...
Left the tent unzipped one day, he went in there and sniped him and another plant, an Auto...
So, I put down a 3rd Peanut Butter Haze and another Auto...

Latest posts

Back