Cat Repellent

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

maineharvest

Reaction score
So Im now entering my third week of veg where it is critical to have no stress so I can raise my female/male ratio and my cat keeps eating my plants every time I turn my back. My plants are in what I consider very good growing conditions and my cat is the only stress on them. I know some members here have the same problem so I was wondering if anybody has any home remedies to keep my cat out of the closet? I will go to the pet store and buy a spray or something but I wanted to see if anybody has any good ideas before I go drop $20 at the pet store.

:confused2:.... :rofl:
J/K maine ;) you might try black pepper sprinkled around. It has worked for me on some domestic critters.

dog_eating_cat2.jpg

:rofl: Haha I knew I was going get smartass answer. My cat is laying beside me right now on the table about two inches from the pepper shaker.:rofl:

Best cat repellant I have found is dank buds....lol. As soon as my plants start flowering my cat wants nothing to do with them. Now in veg I hve to watch him like a hawk...he constantly eats the lower leaves...

I started keeping a can of air in the veg tent and spraying it when he goes near them...he has now gotten the idea and leaves them alone.

The little bastard ate my one clone that was going to be my only mother plant. He ate all the leaves and most of the stock and just left a two inch stick coming out of the jiffy pellet. I was pissed because I cant take another clone but I was impressed at the same time that he would eat the whole thing.

maineharvest said:
The little bastard ate my one clone that was going to be my only mother plant. He ate all the leaves and most of the stock and just left a two inch stick coming out of the jiffy pellet. I was pissed because I cant take another clone but I was impressed at the same time that he would eat the whole thing.

<<<Giggling like a loon @ that post. TY MH!!!

My cat get sprayed with the water I use for clones if he comes near my nursary, though a friend keeps one of those trays of catgrass just inside his growroom door. hxxp://www.petsathome.com/shop/purely-grow-it-yourself-kitty-grass-cat-treat-120gm-14979?freeText=cat+grass&msg=MSG_SEARCH_ONE_MATCHING_PRODUCT

I thought he was underlit the first time I saw it, then he told me about his feline munching his babies, says it works.

Good idea with the catgrass. I tried it once but they just kept knocking it over and making a mess. I need to get a pot that they cant knock over and get some cat grass going.

I never catch him in the act so the spray bottle is useless to me.

maineharvest said:
Good idea with the catgrass. I tried it once but they just kept knocking it over and making a mess. I need to get a pot that they cant knock over and get some cat grass going.

I never catch him in the act so the spray bottle is useless to me.

I have used the catgrass before. If I am not paying attention when I have the closet open the cat will sneak in and bite the tips off the leaves. She is a nasty little thing. She stays away from buds and plants that are budding though. The BEST thing I found though to keep her away from the plants is my big box fan. She HATES loud noises and fans so I put my fan in the doorway of the closet with the plants and she will not go near it. The noise and air blowing keep her away.

-SSF-

Well on the bright side atleast you know your cat has good taste.

I just picked up some cat grass at the pet store. It was $5 for a little kit that came with four different kinds of seeds. Hopefully it works. They had some sprays but there was multiple warnings on the labels not to use near food items so I am all set with that and it only lasts 24 hours so you have to spray every day.

Make sure the cat has a prescription for that grass......

Cat grass is known to be highly addictive & a gateway to harder grasses. : )

I tried the cat grass first and my cat liked it for all of 5 mins....then he went back to munching on my plants lower leaves. One time he went into the tent without me seeing while it was open for watering and I closed it up with him in there. About 30 mins later I heard all hell breaking loose in my veg tent....lol
He didn't like that and wld not go near the tents for close to a week.

Thats some funny stuff Hamster. So the lesson is I need to traumatize him. Take him in the closet and toss him around a bit?

maineharvest said:
Thats some funny stuff Hamster. So the lesson is I need to traumatize him. Take him in the closet and toss him around a bit?

I wld get yourself a can of air and wait for him to try and noms on your plant and then shoot the can of air near him...it scares the crap out of my cats..and the one is a male Maine Coon who thinks he is a tough guy. If I even raise my voice while tending to my tents he runs away now...so yeah I guess I traumatized him...lol

How about one of those really loud air horns? That might scare the **** out of him.

maineharvest said:
How about one of those really loud air horns? That might scare the **** out of him.

That wld work....lol. Wld get me in hot water with the wifey though. I wld get to use it once...then she wld stomp it and throw it away..lol

what about getting two of those expandable baby fences that you put in the doorway so your kid dont fall down the stairs?

you would need two though cuz cats can jump like a mo fo. put one at ground level and one right on top.(they lock into any size doorway)

maineharvest said:

Toss has a completely different meaning here in the UK, all I will say is if you got cought tossing a cat, they would lock you up as a deviant over here!!! Though I have seen clips of Jackass when they did similar to a horse!

Latest posts

Back