CATS in greenhouse!!!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

FUM

Reaction score
Dose anyone have a forsure way to keep cats out of greenhouse and crapping in the soil? They come at night because it's a warm place to hang out and the soils nice and soft to crap in. They also may bring in pest on their fur.

I used to have this problem. I just caught them in a live trap and relocated them far from home. (I usually sent them to Seattle)

i always wondered how feral cats made it through our winters, deep snow and all. i found a couple old, wild cats, living in 3 old abandoned green houses. i felt so bad for them. now i see how they make it through.

live traps would do it. easy to catch. hungry

feel bad for em? a study was done few years back, the lowest estimate was 480 million birds killed a year by feral cats! this doesnt include house cats or all the other animals that are killed. i, very humanely, kill them!

brimck325 said:
feel bad for em? a study was done few years back, the lowest estimate was 480 million birds killed a year by feral cats! this doesnt include house cats or all the other animals that are killed. i, very humanly, kill them!

Yea no shortage of birds, just kill them humanly.

brimck325 said:
feel bad for em? a study was done few years back, the lowest estimate was 480 million birds killed a year by feral cats! this doesnt include house cats or all the other animals that are killed. i, very humanely, kill them!

i have read this too. i kill them only when i'm sure they are feral. i still feel for so many abandoned cats, that must struggle to stay alive through our winters. i have a friend who kills every cat he can. pet or not. this is so wrong. many people love thier cats as much or more than you love your dog. part of the family. i agree w/ humane dispatch.

Newbietoo said:
i have read this too. i kill them only when i'm sure they are feral. i still feel for so many abandoned cats, that must struggle to stay alive through our winters. i have a friend who kills every cat he can. pet or not. this is so wrong. many people love thier cats as much or more than you love your dog. part of the family. i agree w/ humane dispatch.

If your friend is killing every cat they encounter they need to be turned in. Animal cruelty is sometimes a sociopaths precursor to killing people.

ziggyross said:
If your friend is killing every cat they encounter they need to be turned in. Animal cruelty is sometimes a sociopaths precursor to killing people.

i believe you. he is not like that though. he was taught this at a young age and cannot shake it. i have lectured him many times to no avail. he is a very close buddy. he does love to kill.

Don't let him see the play "Cats",...he'll end up on death row....:D

How are they getting in the greenhouse ? Put a screen door on it, seal the holes up...if feral cats, KILL them

i cover my out door soil with aviary wire---this moves them on to another place where they can comfortably scratch---not catch their claws while digging

Someone told me "Ground Cinnamon" worked. So far it seems to be working. Cat's don't like the power up their nose, unlike some people i use to know. A lot easyer than killikg them for sport. thank you all.

cats in a greenhouse with a silver spoon, little boy blue and ahhhh.....OH Wait....forget it.

Ya, I'd put my dog in GH except she'd brake the mj stocks wagging her tail the way she dose. Cinnamom seams to do the job.

Anyone who knows me (this means you CUBBY!!!!!!) knows I love me some cats. But......feral cats are unnatural, and really only suffer. Man made cats as companions, just as they did dogs, and look what's happened.

Personally, I believe they are only suffering, and just continue to breed generations of suffering. If you have the stomach to put them humanely out of their misery, then do it.

If not, live trap with traps rented from the Humane Society, they will guarantee placement in a shelter if you rent the traps directly from them.

Cats,

I have to admit that any critter that washes it's paws and buries it's leavings is OK by me.

I am very fond of cats, but I have seen the lives the feral ones live.
I once saw a bunch of feral cats fight over a piece of watermelon rind. That just ain't right.

They are infested in their intestines with all kinds of parasites, and when you look close they are even stunted in their growth, unless they are a house pet that someone just ditched near a farm or some housing.

I am in total agreement with Melvan as I think that is the kind way to deal with problem feral cats.

smoke in peace
KupunaKane:)

Latest posts

Back