CBD Capsules

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

grodude

Reaction score
Hello everyone. I am looking to make CBD capsules for pain and so I was researching how long I would have to decarboxylate the weed. It seems that the purpose for this is to convert the THCa to THC, which causes the psychoactive affect.

My questions is does this have any medicinal benefit or is it just to get high. Would I be better off if I did not decarboxylate my AC/DC herb? What if I do the same with an indica or sativa, will I get medicinal affects without heating the flower?

It is my understanding that all the cannabinoids exist as acids and that even if you are not looking for the psychoactive effects that the THC gives you, there exists CBDA also. You would be loosing some of the CBD if you did not decarb.

How are you going to make the tablets and what strain are you using? I have some babies from the CBD Crew vegging right now.

:vap- silver vapor:
It is my understanding that all the cannabinoids exist as acids and that even if you are not looking for the psychoactive effects that the THC gives you, there exists CBDA also. You would be loosing some of the CBD if you did not decarb.

How are you going to make the tablets and what strain are you using? I have some babies from the CBD Crew vegging right now.

I have not started growing yet so I will be buying flower to make it. The CBD strain I am looking at is AC/DC. I am also looking to do an indica and a sativa, and will do more if I like enjoy ingesting capsules. Looking at potentially green ribbon and either godfather og or blackberry kush.

I'm going to decarb the cannabis, grind it, add organic coconut oil, and simmer on low in a slow cooker for a few hours stirring regularly. Then into the vegan capsules they go.

Thank you for the input btw. You only have helpful things to say

In case anyone is curious I made them and it worked out GREAT! They're also super easy to make. Gave them to one of my friends with eczema and his itching stopped entirely.

Great to know. I am growing some CBD strains right now, but as they are still little babies, I do have some time until I get to the harvest.

I am a little late to the party, but i wanted to reiterate that you really do need to decarb, but you already know that. Glad you did it. way to go. congrats.

i don't want to hijack the thread and i hope this isn't perceived as such but is there any buzz to the capsules? i eventually would like to grow something with little to no buzz but all the pain relief properties. i know i have tried decarboxylating my weed and it does make a difference but the product i have grown is way, way more powerful psychoactively than i would like at times when i just want the medicinal effect. thanks.

Hey oldfogey, check my jolly rancher thread. I made some CBD ones also and wrote the effects. I think atleast the strain I have is what you are wanting

thanks stoney. i am good at cooking up edibles. i go the brownie route. i was curious if the high cbd strains would leave your head clear. good info...

thanks stoney. i am good at cooking up edibles. i go the brownie route. i was curious if the high cbd strains would leave your head clear. good info...

Depends on the strain. My ACDC was less than 1% THC and I felt nothing in the head.

thanks 'dude. i will have to see if i can find some of those...

My harlequin keeps your head clear and your body jello. Ston, I really think you should market those. I know three people right now that could benefit from that cbd candy.

I can say though, that after trying the Harlequin that I could never work after taking it. While it did not give you a stony high, it relaxed me to the point that work would have been impossible.

Oldfogey8--you will want to look for a strain high in CBDs and low in THC. I see that AC/DC is listed as a clone only strain. I read somewhere (can't find it now) while I was looking for info on AC/DC that if someone is trying to sell you seeds they are scamming you...so keep that in mind.

thanks rosey and thg. in a perfect world, i would like to find a strain that has little to no head buzz but provides good anti-inflammatory and pain relief properties so it would enable me to continue about my day but i also realize that that is having my cake and eating it too(and is probably a pipe dream so to speak). it may just come down to finding a proper dosage too. i make brownies that i can function on about 1/8 of one, i feel a bit foggy on a quarter of one and am toast on a half. maybe at some point i will be able to go somewhere like colorado and sample something like an acdc or a harlequin to help gauge what those strains would do for me. i, too, have read and seen where acdc is a clone only strain and have not found anywhere that sells the seeds. thank you again and i hope i have not hijacked this thread too much, grodude...

I can say though, that after trying the Harlequin that I could never work after taking it. While it did not give you a stony high, it relaxed me to the point that work would have been impossible.

Oldfogey8--you will want to look for a strain high in CBDs and low in THC. I see that AC/DC is listed as a clone only strain. I read somewhere (can't find it now) while I was looking for info on AC/DC that if someone is trying to sell you seeds they are scamming you...so keep that in mind.

Sin City Seeds was selling AC/DC S1s last year at the cup and my buddy GeneralG (Rosies Harley came from him) scored a pack or 2... he grew them out and they NEVER flowered... 6 weeks 12/12 before he tossed them... he says they were just hemp seeds... He was/is FUMING MAD...

Latest posts

Back