CBD drug test

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tomas1992

Reaction score
Hello, I live in country with strict marijuana laws, but I use CBD oil occasionally. Now I have to pass a drug test in several weeks and my question is could I fail it because of CBD? Some says that CBD reacts with the test same as THC, but other sources as this: https://thcdetox.biz/blog/does-cbd-oil-show-up-in-a-drug-test/ says that there is small chance of failing drug test because of CBD. So what is the truth?

There is very little danger of failing a drug test after taking low to moderate amounts of CBD. Most drug tests concentrate on the signature elements left fro THC. I'll find a link in a minute.

This Leafly article explains that unless you use very high amounts of CBD, it is highly unlikely to show up on a standard drug test, as well as other cannaboids such as CBN. https://www.leafly.com/news/cannabi...oil-result-in-a-positive-drug-test-for-thc-or

Last edited:
It is highly unlikely that it will come up in a drug test, but it is possible. I read an article on Mellow and they say the issue is that some CBD products can still contain traces of THC once extracted from the cannabis plant.

I had to have a hair drug test done a few months ago. It was sprung on me by my employer, and I freaked out. I googled and googled trying to source info onto how to pass.

I found a lot of conflicting information online. But reddit had a few posts that gave me some hope. I figured that if I managed to pass then I would come back here with a post.

Info: 182cm 76kg Toned Moderate exercise regimen inc cardio and weights 3-4 times a week Swim once a week (not sure if chlorine or salt water has an effect) Average diet Light hair colour

Drug taking: Cannabis - occasional/low usage. MDMA - occasional use. Usually every 4 months at a big party. 300mg average dose/night. Cocaine - 400mg every 10 days. Ketamine - occasional use, 1-2 bumps while taking coke if offered from a friend.

Once I got notice that I had to take a drug test to fulfil a new role in work I immediately stopped taking anything. However unfortunately I had taken the 4 of the drugs mentioned above in the previous month once, cocaine 3 times.

I had 1.5 months before my test.

The test stated that it would look at usage over a 90 day period approximately.

I used a modified Macujo method. Combined with detox shampoo.

Method: 30 mins hair soaked in vinegar. Rinse 30 mins hair soaked in salicylic acid. Found this in spot treatment face wash. Rinse 30 mins of laundry detergent. Posts say to use tide, but tide is an American product so I couldn’t get it. Lathered and left in Rinse 30 mins baking soda. Rinse.

Then I used Zydot according to instruction manual. Aloe Clear was too expensive, and also I saw reports of fake product being sold online.

I used this 4 times over 2 weeks, including the morning off the test.

After my hair was brittle. I used moisturiser in it after.

I had got my hair cut short before the test. Unfortunately the barber left it too long, and it was 5.5cm after the cut. I freaked out about this part.

Anyway: 12 label drug test came back clear.

It’s difficult to know how much all the variables affected my results as well as the test. And also that I wasn’t a daily drug user, but apart from coke only used other drugs in small amounts and occasionally.

I haven’t taken anything since as I will be getting regular tests while in this role. I’ve saved a lot of money and my mood is a lot better. So while drugs were fun, it’s not the worst thing to have to grow up and stop taking anything.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks for passing on this information, hopefully someone will benefit from it. Best of Luck in your new career.

I will be smoking dope and telling jokes as long as I am physically able. So, my friend .... everybody needs a crutch to get through the trials and tribulations of life. So, what is your next crutch. And don't say your high on life....already been used.

I will be smoking dope and telling jokes as long as I am physically able. So, my friend .... everybody needs a crutch to get through the trials and tribulations of life. So, what is your next crutch. And don't say your high on life....already been used.
I think the Government is putting Happy drugs in the water supply

I had to have a hair drug test done a few months ago. It was sprung on me by my employer, and I freaked out. I googled and googled trying to source info onto how to pass.

I found a lot of conflicting information online. But reddit had a few posts that gave me some hope. I figured that if I managed to pass then I would come back here with a post.

Info: 182cm 76kg Toned Moderate exercise regimen inc cardio and weights 3-4 times a week Swim once a week (not sure if chlorine or salt water has an effect) Average diet Light hair colour

Drug taking: Cannabis - occasional/low usage. MDMA - occasional use. Usually every 4 months at a big party. 300mg average dose/night. Cocaine - 400mg every 10 days. Ketamine - occasional use, 1-2 bumps while taking coke if offered from a friend.

Once I got notice that I had to take a drug test to fulfil a new role in work I immediately stopped taking anything. However unfortunately I had taken the 4 of the drugs mentioned above in the previous month once, cocaine 3 times.

I had 1.5 months before my test.

The test stated that it would look at usage over a 90 day period approximately.

I used a modified Macujo method. Combined with detox shampoo.

Method: 30 mins hair soaked in vinegar. Rinse 30 mins hair soaked in salicylic acid. Found this in spot treatment face wash. Rinse 30 mins of laundry detergent. Posts say to use tide, but tide is an American product so I couldn’t get it. Lathered and left in Rinse 30 mins baking soda. Rinse.

Then I used Zydot according to instruction manual. Aloe Clear was too expensive, and also I saw reports of fake product being sold online.

I used this 4 times over 2 weeks, including the morning off the test.

After my hair was brittle. I used moisturiser in it after.

I had got my hair cut short before the test. Unfortunately the barber left it too long, and it was 5.5cm after the cut. I freaked out about this part.

Anyway: 12 label drug test came back clear.

It’s difficult to know how much all the variables affected my results as well as the test. And also that I wasn’t a daily drug user, but apart from coke only used other drugs in small amounts and occasionally.

I haven’t taken anything since as I will be getting regular tests while in this role. I’ve saved a lot of money and my mood is a lot better. So while drugs were fun, it’s not the worst thing to have to grow up and stop taking anything.
Your explanation is too long, but quite detailed, so thanks.
One the friend of mine used to use some similar method and even more strange method using simple aspirin anв water, he found instruction here. As for me, I know a lot about possible method of drug testing and I must say it very rare works. It's the dillution that works. Aspirin doesnt do anything to thc metabolites. The multivitamin probly replaced some b vitamins and colored your piss yellow which is good

I take CBD daily and have to take drug tests at Kaiser for some controlled substance and I just stop CBD for a week and pass every time.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back