CBD extraction/FRACTIONATING THE PHYTOCANNABINOIDS BY THEIR VAPORIZATION POINTS

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
@ greenfriend Then please tell us the proper way to extract these.

You yourself are not citing sources to disprove it.

Citations: any organic chemistry textbook in the world. That article was obviously not written by someone who has taken organic chemistry.

There are a number of organic (and inorganic) solvents that will extract the chemicals in cannabis. Different solvents will produce different chemical profiles (ex. the difference between butane and CO2 extractions). There are thousands of peer-reviewed journal articles detailing organic extraction methods, I am somewhat surprised that people haven't gone beyond the typical solvents currently in use.

However, heat alone will simply decompose most of these compounds.

If you have links to any of these then please do. Do you have any?

If you have links to any of these then please do. Do you have any?

heres a couple links. provided that you have the equipment to remove all the solvent after the extraction the list of viable organic solvents goes on and on...chloroform, dichloromethane, diethyl ether, various alkanes, ethanol, light petroleum

The overpressured layer chromatography method is of particular interest because it separates the cannabinoids effectively, allowing you to easily make a pure CBD extraction containing negligible THC

hxxp://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/10.1111/j.2042-7158.1973.tb10609.x/pdf

hxxp://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S0021967301944814

thanks for those posting links. I'll have to review them. :)

That first link is just about solvent extraction of cannabinoids from 1972. Not isolation of CBD's.

And that second link required me to join a science journal which I don't have time nor money to. You don't happen to have a membership there where you could repost here do you? That'd be awesome.

That first link is just about solvent extraction of cannabinoids from 1972. Not isolation of CBD's.

And that second link required me to join a science journal which I don't have time nor money to. You don't happen to have a membership there where you could repost here do you? That'd be awesome.

Solvent extractions can be used to extract all cannabinoids, but also to separate individual cannabinoids. Liquid-liquid extraction using a proper phase transfer catalyst can separate CBD from THC and other cannabinoids.

Just because the article is old doesn't mean the info isn't still useful today, the basic principles of organic chemistry haven't changed in decades.

Solvent extractions can be used to extract all cannabinoids, but also to separate individual cannabinoids. Liquid-liquid extraction using a proper phase transfer catalyst can separate CBD from THC and other cannabinoids.

Just because the article is old doesn't mean the info isn't still useful today, the basic principles of organic chemistry haven't changed in decades.

But the thing you're missing is the fractionating. I already know solvent extraction, that's old hat to me. Tell me the complete process of cbd isolation. Can you or can you not tell me the step by step process?

Like I stated before, I can't access the other link you posted.

But the thing you're missing is the fractionating. I already know solvent extraction, that's old hat to me. Tell me the complete process of cbd isolation. Can you or can you not tell me the step by step process?

Like I stated before, I can't access the other link you posted.

If solvent extraction is "old hat" to you then you would have understood my previous post. Solvent extraction IS fractionating.

1) general extraction with organic solvent
2) Liquid-liquid extraction: use a PTC to bring CBD into the aqueous phase; decant organic phase; wash aqueous phase; convert back to organic phase and dehydrate; reextract with organic solvent; remove solvent

This is one fractionating method that is fairly low cost, others involve very expensive equipment (see: GWpharma--->production of Sativex)

right on. closer to an answer. :)

When I meant "old hat" I mean I've been armchairing the extraction process because the process was taught to me step by step with what material at what concentrations.

No need to get your dander up...lol...

Im curious if anyone here uses a separation process as mentioned in this old thread to isolate CBD ?

Latest posts

Back