CFL Grow - My only choice

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

booboo

Reaction score
Alright so here is the deal, I can only grow with CFL because of energy/heat reasons. I am looking at a bunch of different kinds of CFL bulbs and I noticed that there are tons of different varieties, like cool white and warm white. What kind should I use? Or, should I use a combination? I will have plenty of them set up, so should I use like 3-4 of each? Thanks for the help!

A combo is best when using CFLs. Warm white=red spectrum, cool white=blue spectrum, so stick to those and you'll do fine. IMO 4 foot flouro fixtures are the best/cheapest and give out the most light. If you get a 4 foot fixture that holds two bulbs then you got 80 watts. Get two 4 foot fixtures and you got 160 watts, and so on. Cheap and effective, always the way to go when you're first starting out ;)

if you cannot do it insanes way which i prefer also . try to find the cpfl also with a natural spectrum with a high number of lumens they do have them at walmart.

Latest posts

Back