CFL PC Grow- Jackberry x KO Kush

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TerrorAP2

You're so cool, Brewster!
Reaction score
What's up, everyone? It's been a long time since I stopped my last grow prematurely. I guess that's what I get for living in Texas. Now, I'm back home in California and growing again.

I've always liked the idea of growing in small spaces and trying to get a decent yield. So, instead of doing a closet grow like I had originally planned, I went this route instead.

On October 2nd, I officially started my grow. My soil and water were PH'd and my babies planted. All the pictures are from day 1 until now, which is day 4. I'm pretty pleased with the progress so far and I hope you all will be too. :)

If you have any questions on my setup, please ask.

EDIT: I noticed I posted this in Indoor. Can a mod please move to Journals :)

IMG_0005.jpg

IMG_0006.jpg

IMG_0007.jpg

IMG_0009.jpg

IMG_0010.jpg

IMG_0011.jpg

IMG_0017.jpg

IMG_0018.jpg

IMG_0019.jpg

Pullin up my beanbag for this one. How's it going TerrorAP2 :ciao: ?

It's going well. I think my last attempt at growing was back in 2009. Now that I'm legal, it's really great to have this sort of freedom. Plus, the weather is always nice here. How are things going on your end?

I really want to do a Pc case grow, it has always interested me, ive considered going and buying a case and setting it for it, what did it cost you to get everything running?

good luck man, i will be checking in on this for sure.

Hmm, let me think...

Case- $80 (shipping included)
Lights- maybe $15
Power Strip- Free
PC Fans- $10
AC/DC Adapter w/ adjustable voltage- $18
Pots, Soil, PH Up/Down kit- maybe $25-30
Misc. items- $25-30
Seeds- $45 (I love Sannies Shop)

All things considered, it wasn't too expensive for everything. The case had to modified (e.g. drilling out rivets & cutting the case so only one side opens instead of having to pull the whole cover off). I think it took me 2 weeks to plan everything out and get it all sorted.

Very nice Terror.

I know i can pick up a case at Frys with fans and everything included for about 60ish bucks, i might have to do that soon, im really interested in small and micro grows, just seems like a fun side project, where as growing in my closet is more for smoke, the PC case would be just for fun.

I completely agree. I'm going to play around with LST and maybe topping to see how much I can get out of these babies. That's if they turn out to be female. For all I know, I could have 2 males or hermies on my hands.

Actually, I probably won't be LSTing. I don't think I'm going to have enough time. I need to harvest as close to the 18th of December, as I'm leaving for vacation that day. This way, I can just flip the lights off, disconnect the intake fan and dry my buds out for the 5 days I'll be gone. Then when I come back, I can start curing.

Either way, this is a practice run for me, since it's my first PC grow. Once I return from vaction, I'll do a real grow, where I can veg for a few weeks, use LST, and go for maximum yield given the space and lighting.

Edit: I just checked the calendar and if I switch to 12/12 on the 20th-23rd of this month, they will be ready close to the 18th or so I hope. According to Sannies site, the flowering time is listed at 7-8 weeks.

Those lights... those are CFL's, right? The glare is too much for my monitor-assaulted eyes to make. But they're massive! Are you using them through the entire grow or switching to HPS for flowering as is preached here and abroad?

I'll be hanging around for this one. Curious as to setting up one of these easy to conceal places in addition to a larger growing space, myself. After I move and the time is right, of course. :)

Far as the harvesting early, couldn't you feed them one day, then give them excess water the second day, and have it hold them over until you are back from your 5 day excursion? I seem to have read this somewhere before. That, if the medium is able to retain moisture very well, such as soil is, you would be able to overwater the day you leave, and they would be fine until the end of the week. They may be droopy, but another slight overwatering would have them bouncing back in no time. This is what I seem to recall reading in its entirety. Is the drainage in your soil mix too much for this to be the case?

-nasty

How embarassing! LOL! I looked over the second picture quickly, and it looked to be in a closet, inside of a pantry of sorts. Things make a lot more sense now! Trainwreck will do that to you, I guess.

Happy bong rips! I know I am, if it isn't obvious. LOL

-nasty

My mistake! When I mentioned not LSTing, I meant I won't be doing it to the extreme. I'm still going to have to bend them somehow to prevent them from growing into the top of the case. Silly me!

The lights are indeed CFL's and I will be using them for the duration of the grow. Right now, I'm using 2 5000k and 2 2700k lights. I'll be heading back to Walmart tonight to buy a new timer, as the one I previously bought was only 2 prong and not 3.

I'm not expecting much from this grow. If I could get 1/2 from both plants, I'd be happy.

TerrorAP2 said:
It's going well. I think my last attempt at growing was back in 2009. Now that I'm legal, it's really great to have this sort of freedom. Plus, the weather is always nice here. How are things going on your end?

it's growin well on my end of this beautiful day in the PNW. NO RAIN! :rofl:

Got 4 ginormous JAck47's will be ready to pull on Nov 30th :woohoo: here's some special mojo for yer micro grow.

:peace: ,

7greeneyes:cool2:

Good luck! I can't wait to see some pictures.

I simply do not see any way these could be done by the middle of Dec. Regardless of when you flip them to 12/12, they are not going to start flowering until they are sexually mature. Also, breeder's flowering estimates need to be taken with a grain of salt. Virtually all of them underestimate their flowering times by a week or two. Kushes are not known for fast flowering times.

The sad thing is, and I know it for a fact, is you are right. I keep thinking about it and telling myself that I will harvest exactly on time, but that's rarely ever the case. I'll just play it by ear and see how things turn out. Either way, I'm not giving up on this grow :)

They probably won't even start to have alternating nodes/and or show preflowers for another 4 weeks or so. Try and do something so you can leave them. I simply would not harvest them before they are ready.

This is one case where I wld hve recommended Autos.....good luck and green mojo. I wld figure something out because harvesting too early will only be a big disappointment. jmo

Depending on how far along they are, I may just water them once before I leave, hope that my light timer doesn't malfunction, tie them down and pray that they don't stretch into the lights while I'm gone.

Alrighty, I have a little update. I just bought a 3 prong to 2 prong plug adapter and got my light timer plugged in and set up. The lights come on at 6:30pm and off at 12:30pm. Up until now, they were on 24/0. I'll have some pictures in a bit, although there isn't much to see.

I've always wondered how one of these grows would turn it out. I'm excited to track your growth. Green mojo.

Latest posts

Back