CFL's JUST GOT BETTER

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
well i think for our "specific" needs thats where its gonna have to be tested;)

pussum said:
One last thing though, if it has a property that slows down the ripening won't that affect the buds getting ripe?

Good question, I would like to know also.

cyberquest said:
when you buy any bulb your gonna want the highest lumens output you can get, lumens is a unit of measurement on light that we see. but its the only calculation you have on how much light it puts out.

Hmmm...I'm not sure I understand this. Phillips makes 2 bulbs, both 20 Watts, 24" T12 tubes.

Soft White Bulb 3000K Temp 1,300 lumens
Plant & Aquarium 2700K Temp 850 lumens

Here's what I don't get. The bulbs are putting out the same amount of light energy (both 20 watt T12 bulbs, identical in size). How can one put out so much more light (lumens) then the other?

i think the plant and aquarim bulb has a coating on the inside and reduces its lumens output.

Picked one up at Brew and Grow!

It's alright. It helps with tobacco a little and that's a pain in the *** smell.

I only got the one to test but I am impressed. Going to change a couple of my CFL's at home in the main rooms to this since everyone smokes.

Have you tried the bulb in your grow area/cab yet, Dizoelio? If so, does it help reduce that lovely skunky smell we all love so much? (I do love the smell, but want to reduce it for obvious reasons.) If you haven't, would you please let us know how it does when you have a chance to test it?

Latest posts

Back