Cha-Ching, Beastie Bloomz and Open Sesame.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bombtombadll

Reaction score
Hi all, my last grow I followed the fox farm feeding schedule and used Cha-Ching, Beastie Bloomz and Open Sesame. I'm wondering if these products help in anyway or cause more problems than good. The PK numbers are sky high and it makes me nervous using them. I was feeding 1/16th tsp ...never thought I'd need a teaspoon so small!

Side note: My first grow (Nirvana NL) produced an ounce of bud without using bloom boosters. (first grow, I learned and made mistakes) My second NL grow with boosters produced 3 ounces of bud. I cant help but wonder how much bigger my flowers got from using the boosters or if I gained a little skill second grow.

What's the take from the advanced growers here on boosters? I'll probably use them next grow, but very lightly.

I use flower power during flower and it's 1-34-32 or something like that. That number means what percentage by weight. It's why organic nutrients are so much lower as they have more matter that isn't nitrogen, phos or potassium.

I just asked my friend who knows one of the larger commercial growers here in Los Angeles and they use ambrosia cropz which is only 4 things being a bag of calcium, a bag of magnesium, and either veg or flower nutrients grown hydroponically but you can use it for whatever you want.

How'd your current batch turn out?

I use flower power during flower and it's 1-34-32 or something like that. That number means what percentage by weight. It's why organic nutrients are so much lower as they have more matter that isn't nitrogen, phos or potassium.

I just asked my friend who knows one of the larger commercial growers here in Los Angeles and they use ambrosia cropz which is only 4 things being a bag of calcium, a bag of magnesium, and either veg or flower nutrients grown hydroponically but you can use it for whatever you want.

How'd your current batch turn out?

Pretty good, into my second week curing now, pulled off 60 Grams Dry. Pics below. I'm using an Spider Farmer SF-1000 in a small space. I cant help wonder how much the bloom boosters helped or hurt here.

Attachments

• _DSC4112_001_01.jpg
    _DSC4112_001_01.jpg
    51 KB · Views: 15
  • IMG_0518.JPG
    IMG_0518.JPG
    127.5 KB · Views: 15
  • IMG_0537.JPG
    IMG_0537.JPG
    147 KB · Views: 16
  • IMG_0549.JPG
    IMG_0549.JPG
    51.3 KB · Views: 15
I have tried those Fox Farm powders. Didn’t see any difference from what I used in the past(GH BioThrive products). The ChaChing, Open Sesame and Beastie Bloomz stuff seems less expensive but in the grand scheme of things, the cost savings wasn’t much.

Pretty good, into my second week curing now, pulled off 60 Grams Dry. Pics below. I'm using an Spider Farmer SF-1000 in a small space. I cant help wonder how much the bloom boosters helped or hurt here.
Supposedly if you perfected things you can theoretically hit 1.2-1.3 grams per watt which is also dependent on the efficiency of the light and all that. Never hurts to try stuff I hope my yield is decent!

I have tried those Fox Farm powders. Didn’t see any difference from what I used in the past(GH BioThrive products). The ChaChing, Open Sesame and Beastie Bloomz stuff seems less expensive but in the grand scheme of things, the cost savings wasn’t much.

Thanks, I've heard many say the same thing. Not much of a difference.

Supposedly if you perfected things you can theoretically hit 1.2-1.3 grams per watt which is also dependent on the efficiency of the light and all that. Never hurts to try stuff I hope my yield is decent!

Grams per watt... I'd like a better understanding of how this works. I had over 20 Oz wet after pulling the colas and weighing them. But after trimming all the buds down and removing all stems, I'm down to 60 grams of pure flower. This does not include all of my trimmings either.

So what's the rule for weighing? Are they talking wet weight? Dry weight? Trimmed? Stems? Fully cured? There are a lot of variables when it comes to weighing.

I hear you though man, I'd like to see 3 zips off a single plant with my little Spiderfarmer. I'll try to get there, each grow seems to be getting better and better.

the correct way to weigh your grow is to do it after it's been dried and manicured, ready to put up in jars...GPW grams per watt...my personal best is 1.58 GPW...I used 4 1K raptors back then...

the correct way to weigh your grow is to do it after it's been dried and manicured, ready to put up in jars...GPW grams per watt...my personal best is 1.58 GPW...I used 4 1K raptors back then...

Nice! thanks for the info. I guess that could be a fun little challenge to see how many grams you get per watt. I'll play next grow.

Omg that's just nuts!!!!

Welp you're a veteran pro but that's insane!!!

@ bombtomYou went from 20oz went to a little over 2oz dry which doesn't sound right as most of what I read was around 20-30% left over after drying/curing. Meaning should have had like 4-6 oz after the cure.

Omg that's just nuts!!!!

Welp you're a veteran pro but that's insane!!!

@ bombtomYou went from 20oz went to a little over 2oz dry which doesn't sound right as most of what I read was around 20-30% left over after drying/curing. Meaning should have had like 4-6 oz after the cure.

I'm new to trimming and the sugar leaves were very heavy with this strain, I probably chopped way too much off. I have a thread up " I dont know what a bud is". I kind of get it now, but not really. My bet is I have a very tasty pile of trimmings that were actually buds. I removed every sugar leaf, even if it meant tearing up the flowers around it.

I'll look for a strain with a better leaf to calyx ratio and maybe a strain that makes "whats a bud?" more obvious. I don't get it with Northern Lights, the calyx and sugar leaves look the same to me. Funny, I just posted a bud picture for bud of the month, I hope its a bud !

Last edited:
It looks like you grew one plant. 2 oz’s isn’t a bad yield for one plant. Just by adding another plant you likely would have doubled your gpw. Any photon that doesn’t hit the plants you have is wasted power if you are growing to maximize you gpw.

It looks like you grew one plant. 2 oz’s isn’t a bad yield for one plant. Just by adding another plant you likely would have doubled your gpw. Any photon that doesn’t hit the plants you have is wasted power if you are growing to maximize you gpw.

One plant is too many for my space now, I'd love to grow more but odor is my big problem. Once I figure out how to completely remove growing odor, I may cut the wall in my grow safe to double its space. (Currently 1.5x1.5x3). If I cut my wall out, I can grow three plants.

I think the pictures fool people, this is a lot smaller than it looks. As you can see here, in Veg one plant is taking all my space. (Yes, I could reduce Veg time and keep two plants smaller, but I top a few times adding a lot of time to Veg...)

My second grow. (Nirvana Northern Lights--Happy in Happy Frog)

2_18.JPG

My first grow. (Nirvana Northern Lights--roasted in Fox Farm Ocean Acid soil.)

11_16.JPG

Last edited:
To remove 100% of odor you need a ~3 foot tall x ~2 foot wide carbon filter (the kind that weigh 75lbs) with a fan blowing into it and sucking out of your room.

To remove 100% of odor you need a ~3 foot tall x ~2 foot wide carbon filter (the kind that weigh 75lbs) with a fan blowing into it and sucking out of your room.

Remember, I'm growing low odor strains and only one small plant at a time. That might be a bit of over kill !

There is a "faint" odor coming off my plants at peak flower using a cheap 30 dollar hydro crunch carbon filter. It isn't the filter that's failing, its the fact that a little odor still makes its way out. If I can get the negative pressure right, nothing should leave the safe without going through my filter. I also have a little work to do sealing my safe and taping my ducts, they are not sealed now. (just lightly put together). Now when I open the doors, that's another story! Pure stink everywhere. I buy incense bulk.

Ohh, and last but not least, two weeks into cure and my buds STINK terribly now. Just opening the jar stinks up my house more than when the flowers were growing. I have a feeling this is going to be a really good batch in a month or two... I promised myself I won't sample till its done curing.

Any tips on a good 4 inch filter that works really well?

Small filters have short dwell times and don’t usually do a good job. The positive with a large carbon filter is you can trim and still have no odor, and they last a decade+ when pre filtered.

One of the best parts about smoking herb is the flavor, I would always opt for a large carbon filter and the stinkiest skunk ass one can find 🤣 mmmm that skunk ass

Small filters have short dwell times and don’t usually do a good job. The positive with a large carbon filter is you can trim and still have no odor, and they last a decade+ When pre filtered.

OK, thanks man. I might see about getting a bigger filter, I've heard many say to get a bigger size than you need. My carbon filter is right above my light in my cabinet and is taking 12 inches of my grow space away. I could try putting the filter outside the safe but have heard they work better sucking then blowing. (perv material I know, come get me)..

I might get a large filter and just run it in the same room, that might help clean up the little bit of smell that escapes and save me money buying insence.

the filter itself doesn’t care if you suck or blow.

they absolutely work better when you blow into them though.
Why?

Because you are creating a vacuum and pulling all stink out the room, including through all air cooled leaking light fixtures, door jambs, cracks, vent holes… and forcing it at the very last step into a carbon filter.

say you are pressurizing the hood with a fan before it, then pushing that into a carbon filter. Filtration is lost as the pressurized unfiltered air (and heat) exits the hood.

You get a grow big enough and you are building a room next to the grow just to house the filtration.

suck everything out of the room so you can see an incense or a puff get sucked in the door jamb or the vent holes. Blow that into your carbon filter. To reduce smell as much as possible set the fan directly on the carbon filter blowing in. The smell will disappear in minutes as long as the carbon filter works.

When used correctly, Quality carbon filters work very very well. They rely on them in space ships and jets.

Latest posts

Back