Cha-Ching, Beastie Bloomz and Open Sesame.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
the filter itself doesn’t care if you suck or blow.

they absolutely work better when you blow into them though.
Why?

Because you are creating a vacuum and pulling all stink out the room, including through all air cooled leaking light fixtures, door jambs, cracks, vent holes… and forcing it at the very last step into a carbon filter.

say you are pressurizing the hood with a fan before it, then pushing that into a carbon filter. Filtration is lost as the pressurized unfiltered air (and heat) exits the hood.

You get a grow big enough and you are building a room next to the grow just to house the filtration.

suck everything out of the room so you can see an incense or a puff get sucked in the door jamb or the vent holes. Blow that into your carbon filter. To reduce smell as much as possible set the fan directly on the carbon filter blowing in. The smell will disappear in minutes as long as the carbon filter works.

When used correctly, Quality carbon filters work very very well. They rely on them in space ships and jets.

Thanks for taking the time to help, appreciate it! You seem to know your stuff as well, nice. OK, I did the incense trick and my vaccum is working. You can see the smoke going into the cracks of my safe. If I'm hearing you correctly, running the fan first, filter second (blowing the air through the filter) works better? if this is true this is GREAT news. I'll gain a lot of needed headspace moving the big 4 inch filter out of my grow space... (the four inch filter is robbing me of 16 inches of space now)

This is very important information for me. If blowing works better than sucking though the filter, I'll redesign my grow cabinet. Thanks man!

I use GH3 part, cal mag, silica, ph down, mycos wp. That’s it. Same strain over 10 years now.

View attachment 293811

Listen to this man right here... FF nutrients IMHO are made for outdoor flowers and I don't mean Marijuana but real flowers like roses.. their one product I'd use though is Big Bud..

GH3 part has been around forever, the astronauts use it in space, I mean come on. plus the other advice he is giving you is golden, silica is a must to strong stems, heat stress, bug resistance etc.... calmag is usually most over looked nutrient. LUCK

I use GH3 part, cal mag, silica, ph down, mycos wp. That’s it. Same strain over 10 years now.

View attachment 293811

Same strain for ten years? Wow, you must have that seriously dialed in by now. Great looking bud !

I've already purchased Dyna Grow, but I'll look into the GH 3 part you mention. (I'm using Protekt, I think this is Dyna-Grows's silica?) I also need some good bugs (bacteria, fungus, etc...) I'll check out Mycos wp. (I'm assuming this is similar to something like Great White?) I know I'll get scolded, but I boil and cook my soil before growing. Boiling probably takes all the beneficial bugs out of the soil and I should be adding something back. (Otherwise who will snack on the molasses and help my roots later?)

Thanks again for all the help.

I was under the impression that chemical nutes kill the microherd.

I was under the impression that chemical nutes kill the microherd.
Not necessarily. Too strong of a PPM or PH will kill bacteria.

Plants for the most part don’t uptake compounds. Those compounds must be broken down by bacteria to be able to be absorbed by the plant. So most of what you feed your plant isn’t readily available to be absorbed.

The dead fish and the crystallized food example: put a dead fish or a scoop of miracle grow 3 feet in the ground under a plant. The plant will use both for growth but it will not directly absorb the fish or crystalline nutrients. It will not grow a mass of roots around the fish or crystals. Instead the bacteria in the soil will decompose both Nitrogen sources to more simple ionic forms like Nitrite and Nitrate which can be up taken by the plant.

So in reality the bacteria doesn’t care if you use “chemical” fertilizers like GH 3 part, or you use “organic” fertilizers like fish emulsion. The bacteria feeds the plant, and if it can it will decompose both to more simple forms.

Most chemical fertilizers provide chelated nutrients. Chelation in nature is done by the microherd that the roots of plants ‘feed’ sugars to so the microherd is fat and happy. Generally with organic farming, you don’t need to worry about pH because(unless your soil is old and has a lot of peat in it or you add something at one extreme or the other(a base or acid)) the microherd keeps the pH in a zone that keeps them reproducing(fat and happy). I know a lot of folks do a hybrid feed of both organic and inorganic nutes but from what I have read, the salts(inorganic fertilizers) inhibit microherd viability. I have not had to check pH for the decade or so that I have grown cannabis but I have used mainly organic nutes and soil.

Hi all, my last grow I followed the fox farm feeding schedule and used Cha-Ching, Beastie Bloomz and Open Sesame. I'm wondering if these products help in anyway or cause more problems than good. The PK numbers are sky high and it makes me nervous using them. I was feeding 1/16th tsp ...never thought I'd need a teaspoon so small!

Side note: My first grow (Nirvana NL) produced an ounce of bud without using bloom boosters. (first grow, I learned and made mistakes) My second NL grow with boosters produced 3 ounces of bud. I cant help but wonder how much bigger my flowers got from using the boosters or if I gained a little skill second grow.

What's the take from the advanced growers here on boosters? I'll probably use them next grow, but very lightly.
Be careful of PGR used in some nutes, Bad mojo.

Bubba

Thanks for taking the time to help, appreciate it! You seem to know your stuff as well, nice. OK, I did the incense trick and my vaccum is working. You can see the smoke going into the cracks of my safe. If I'm hearing you correctly, running the fan first, filter second (blowing the air through the filter) works better? if this is true this is GREAT news. I'll gain a lot of needed headspace moving the big 4 inch filter out of my grow space... (the four inch filter is robbing me of 16 inches of space now)

This is very important information for me. If blowing works better than sucking though the filter, I'll redesign my grow cabinet. Thanks man!
Blowing in does work, plus with filter outside of tent, you have more room. if possible, put in attic. I also have had them on floor standing up with tent exhaust going in, and had them on top of tent as well. The only thing about sucking air through the filter is that it has a prefilter over it, which I notice gets darker from collecting trash and dust out of the air. Also unfiltered air and whatever else is blown (well sucked I guess) directly into your fan...havent had an issue yet,,,

Bubba

Blowing in does work, plus with filter outside of tent, you have more room. if possible, put in attic. I also have had them on floor standing up with tent exhaust going in, and had them on top of tent as well. The only thing about sucking air through the filter is that it has a prefilter over it, which I notice gets darker from collecting trash and dust out of the air. Also unfiltered air and whatever else is blown (well sucked I guess) directly into your fan...havent had an issue yet,,,

Bubba

Yep, I was thinking about the fact that the fan would be exposed without a filter, no worries the fan has directions on how to clean it.

My OG is like a child of mine. I’ve seen all she can give. I know what she takes. If circumstances work out I’ll have it forever.

OG Kush happens to be my favorite strain, I love that stuff. Too bad I can't grow it though, It would be first on my list. $300 an oz for True OG here in Wash DC. (and its all dried out and crappy too, DC dispensaries do not store buds properly--especially winter time).) I'd love to try some hand crafted True OG done right.

I may have read you wrong, but I think your talking about True OG/OG Kush, and of course I have to ask. Does it stink really bad?

Last edited:
Yep, I was thinking about the fact that the fan would be exposed without a filter, no worries the fan has directions on how to clean it.
Ive run 2 6" infinitys and 1 8" infinity, both run just fine, they have done both suck through filter inside tent and blow in filter outside of tent.

Bubba

OG Kush happens to be my favorite strain, I love that stuff. Too bad I can't grow it though, It would be first on my list. $300 an oz for True OG here in Wash DC. (and its all dried out and crappy too, DC dispensaries do not store buds properly--especially winter time).) I'd love to try some hand crafted True OG done right.

I may have read you wrong, but I think your talking about True OG/OG Kush, and of course I have to ask. Does it stink really bad?
No worse than other indicas I've grown. filter deals with it. I start everyone I help with it, super easy strain, fairly resistent, short and stout.

Bubba

Just curious, so you said youre keeping this secret from your wife and presumably children? Why don't you just tell you wife and let things be as they are and just don't tell your kids and put a lock on a grow tent?
That way you can grow larger with higher efficiency.

I'm actually growing this for my wife as I don't really use marijuana too much. I just love the challenge.

Last edited:
If you are concerned about filtering what goes into the fan, it would be relatively easy to use the particle filter cover to filter the input side of the fan. There are many options to do that. Drier hose and duct tape being the simplest…

Just curious, so you said youre keeping this secret from your wife and presumably children? Why don't you just tell you wife and let things be as they are and just don't tell your kids and put a lock on a grow tent?
That way you can grow larger with higher efficiency.

I'm actually growing this for my wife as I don't really use marijuana too much. I just love the challenge.
Cause mama don’t allow no reefer growin’ round here…😂

I dunno I'm pretty against lying to my wife. If she doesn't like something I do, I say well let's talk it out and if it's really conflicting then I won't do it. Usually I can show my reasoning and then once you get th go ahead, go nuts!!!

Latest posts

Back