Change

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

qball

Reaction score
I have a question, Hope I'm doing this right. I have a plant outside in the ground. It was started from a clone indoors and moved outside about 6 weeks ago. It is is heavy flower. The last few days it looks like things are trying to stretch out again. The ends of the flowers are shooting up about an inch a day. Is this going back to veg ? Do I need to harvest ? There are brown hairs and tons of crystals but small. I don't want to harvest too early ... but don't want to miss the minute either. I hope I gave enough information. Thanks for any help.

I am not an outdoor grower at all but it sounds like it is reveging. When the daylight hours become short enough it will go back into flower. Jmo

:yeahthat: days are too long for a budding gal, it's likely confused!

How long was she in 12/12 light before you put her outside? The long days that are getting longer every day has almost assuredly put her into a state of reveg. IMO, you best option is to let her reveg and then let her flower. It is never a good idea to take a flowering plant from an indoor 12/12 light schedule and put it outdoors when the days are so long. It WILL reveg every time.

The Hemp Goddess said:
How long was she in 12/12 light before you put her outside? The long days that are getting longer every day has almost assuredly put her into a state of reveg. IMO, you best option is to let her reveg and then let her flower. It is never a good idea to take a flowering plant from an indoor 12/12 light schedule and put it outdoors when the days are so long. It WILL reveg every time.

what she said^^^^^^:D...and if plant is in ground be prepaired for a Monster...research reveg...so you dont freak out on the wierd growth you will be seeing

take care and be safe

She was only veged inside. she started to flower when moved.She has been in flower for about 5 weeks or more. I built a structure around her and am covering it at 6 pm...( pretty dark inside. ) and opening it at 6 am... Will this let her finish ?

I'm sorry, but I don't understand. Are you saying that she was in vegging light (24-18 hours a day) the entire time she was indoors, but when you put her outside 6 weeks ago she started to flower and then started to reveg?

Pretty dark is probably not going to do the job--you will probably need total darkness to finish her. Pictures would really help us.

If you are saying your Covering her for around 12 hrs darkness(6pm to 6am)of darkness, then she will flower. I would just let Mother Nature control the light time til fall when its harvest time outside

Yes.( 18 hrs under 1600 w) I blasted her to 6 feet then moved outside... I will get pics in the morn. I Re covered it today... It's dark...

I have a few others in the garden.One of the same strain and even bigger but still in full veg.. I herd that I could put this one out when I did and harvest on 4 th of july...The plant is not too far off. Crystals are milky but not amber. Only in a few spots.

qball said:
I have a few others in the garden.One of the same strain and even bigger but still in full veg.. I herd that I could put this one out when I did and harvest on 4 th of july...The plant is not too far off. Crystals are milky but not amber. Only in a few spots.

I'm like Dan.....where did you hear this? And what strains are you running? Unless your plant is an auto, it is almost certainly not going to be done by the 4th of July. How long did you veg this plant to get it 6' tall and with what? Most photoperiod plants take 8-12 weeks of flowering to be done. And they cannot do it when the days are so long and still lengthening.

We really do need some pics. Can you post us up some pics of the entire plants and a few close ups?

I think he is confused, maybe they meant light-dep.

I had a plant like that last year (i think lol.) I took off buds and let her reveg the rest. The plant has a long way to go (outside) untill she's done.imo. Green blessings.

Sorry folks.... The world happened again....A family member stroke changed things for a minute...lol.... Update... She's doing fine... My girl and the family member...You all were right....Don't panic. Let it be...I built a structure to alter the sun and took a branch that was getting amber crystals to see how it was coming. So wonderful that I decided to let her be....Bottom line.... I can change any thing.... I always do....But why ? Relax..... anyway--I found a little green worm on my plants, what can I do? Can I get rid of them?

Doh! The evil green caterpillars! Daily check with tweezers. Moths lay their eggs in the buds and they eat their way out when they hatch. Total PITA I dealt with last almost harvest. Literally lost ounces from those a holes. Good luck

I know why.....I had to take about 3 weeks off schedule....No soapy treetment...

Latest posts

Back