Changing out jars?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LilDad

Reaction score
Hey folks,

I caught one or two white flecks on my Afghan Autoflower I jarred up 7/27/22. Womp. Really, there was only one little bud and a quarter of an even smaller bud seeming to have been affected. I threw out the one bud and cut the molded part of the other one off. Waste is a bummer, but I won’t complain about that on this forum as I’m sure that some people have lost more weed to mold than I’d probably be able to grow in 5 years.

In any case, should I re-jar this batch into a smaller jar? Would I be able to still use the same humidity pack for it if I do?

Attachments

• 9B8A18F9-1E8D-4908-8EFF-0912FF3FC5C3.jpeg
    9B8A18F9-1E8D-4908-8EFF-0912FF3FC5C3.jpeg
    2 MB · Views: 0
I would definitely use a clean jar in case any if that mold is still in there. Wipe down you humidity pack too with alcohol wipe. Spread the weed out and give it a good look for any more and check it more often. That mold lives deep in the buds and you might not see it till you break those buds open

I would definitely use a clean jar in case any if that mold is still in there. Wipe down you humidity pack too with alcohol wipe. Spread the weed out and give it a good look for any more and check it more often. That mold lives deep in the buds and you might not see it till you break those buds open
Will do that tomorrow! Thanks!

I just went ahead and did it tonight. I had been belching, but fell asleep at the wheel on checking all of it. Lost a few buds. Womp. Man, it takes work to get high!

Hey folks,

I caught one or two white flecks on my Afghan Autoflower I jarred up 7/27/22. Womp. Really, there was only one little bud and a quarter of an even smaller bud seeming to have been affected. I threw out the one bud and cut the molded part of the other one off. Waste is a bummer, but I won’t complain about that on this forum as I’m sure that some people have lost more weed to mold than I’d probably be able to grow in 5 years.

In any case, should I re-jar this batch into a smaller jar? Would I be able to still use the same humidity pack for it if I do?
That's too much air in the jar. Yes I would use a smaller one so your buds don't stale

I just went ahead and did it tonight. I had been belching, but fell asleep at the wheel on checking all of it. Lost a few buds. Womp. Man, it takes work to get high!
Yup, I have been doing this for a long time and there is always a fly in the ointment. I don't mind though.....keeps me busy and out of trouble. I will be hard at it today.

That's too much air in the jar. Yes I would use a smaller one so your buds don't stale
I moved it to a much smaller jar! Would the same humidity pack be alright for that? It’s an 8 gram 62% pack.

I moved it to a much smaller jar! Would the same humidity pack be alright for that? It’s an 8 gram 62% pack.
If it molding, why do you add a humidity pack?

If you are in flour and see mildew on the plants, spray them with a diluted hydrogen peroxide solution, and that will help you get through to your harvest date if the mold isn’t too severe…

If it molding, why do you add a humidity pack?
My thought was that the pack would bring humidity back down to that 62%. Perhaps I’m wrong about that. Can you point me in the right direction if I am?

That is why I do it naturally. I have heard of this happening before. You depend on that pack and mold at the bottom. Pop the jars. I am lucky to live in a low humidity. Lots easier to control mold and PM for that matter.

My thought was that the pack would bring humidity back down to that 62%. Perhaps I’m wrong about that. Can you point me in the right direction if I am?
Bovida claims that their humidity packs will bring the total humidity in the jar up or down relative to the number on the packet… I’ve had mold issues on my plants growing, but never on them once they’re in the jar…

I have some of those little humidity things. Over time, I can just do it by feel. I trim wet, and the buds are left out a day or three. If they feel the right "dryness" I will jar them for a couple hours and feel again to see how soft, or damp the buds now feel. If they no longer feel the least dry on the outside, and a soft damp feel, they are usually 80%, which is way to wet to jar. Back out on the drying rack. Once they dont have that soft feel through and through, and although not dry yet, feel dry on the outside, even after an hour or two of being jarred.

Not describing it very well, its just a sense of feel that I have backed up with meters. Once at the above stage, they are usually ready to jar and burp, and will be 76-69%. or so, and burping frequently and fanning new air into the jars. Burp down to 62%, done.

I stopped with the packets. No need. If I have fresh flower ready to smoke and I want long storage, seal a meal and freeze.

Bubba

Latest posts

Back